Vixen
Penultimate Amazing
I was referring to the sun rays as an example of causing glare in the camera lens.I thought it had only risen to chest height over the edge of the moon.
I was referring to the sun rays as an example of causing glare in the camera lens.I thought it had only risen to chest height over the edge of the moon.
Not at all. I have no problem with people having a different opinion from myself.To you, being shown that you're wrong is to be insulted.
When the weather man says it'll be 18°C today at 9:00am, what do you think it means?The temperature of the light, presumably.
It means that the air temperature will be 18°C today.When the weather man says it'll be 18°C today at 9:00am, what do you think it means?
Fortunate considering an overwhelming number do. In fact your opinion on this thread, and other threads you post on here, could be described as singular.Not at all. I have no problem with people having a different opinion from myself.
Glare is irrelevant to the question of the settings for taking photos of things in full daylight.I was referring to the sun rays as an example of causing glare in the camera lens.
What effect does that have on your camera settings?When the weather man says it'll be 18°C today at 9:00am, what do you think it means?
Do they?Yes, and they lean heavily forward.
According to Vixen, "It is not 'harsh' at 27°F", but it isn't clear whether it would be more or less 'harsh' at 18°C.What effect does that have on your camera settings?
Wait until nightI have at no point disrespected you. Can you confirm it is not possible to photograph stars from the Moon?
Jay, you may be right, but I was attempting to point out the large difference in Rene's experiment versus the real pressure differential.To be fair, I never found out exactly what the pressure was in René's homemade vacuum chamber. It looks fairly slipshod, which means it's probably not very airtight. I wasn't there when he did the experiment and the filmmakers didn't ask what the pressure was or see any pressure gauge. René simply referred to it as a "vacuum chamber." René lived in New Jersey, not far above sea level and the experiment was done at his home. So the maximum pressure difference he could have had would have been around 14 psig. But it was likely lower due to likely leaks in his apparatus. However I doubt it was merely 3.7 psig, the actual pressure difference in an Apollo suit.
Just to help Vixen out, the angular size of the sun as seen from the earth or moon is about 0.5°. So when it's at an elevation of 15° (or, to use terms more common to Euclidean geometry, about 'shoulder height') above the horizon, it's 30x its own angular diameter above it. If you draw a 1cm circle to represent the sun, and a line to represent the horizon, the circle will be 30cm above the line, equivalent to an hour after sunrise on earth.No.
The Sun elevation was 15º. That's fully risen. Objects in the photographs were being lit by the full sun. Answer the questions.
Photographing stars with a camera set to f-5.6, 1/125, using ISO 160 film isn't a matter of opinion.Not at all. I have no problem with people having a different opinion from myself.
Do you think they will have changed over the years?It's not relevant what settings I used X years ago.
No, one of them is at night with no sun in the sky, the other is daytime with the sun in the sky.Mojo started conflating UK day sky with the Moon day sky, hence the need to compare and contrast lunar day sky with UK night sky in respect of camera settings (not that the two conditions are identical).
Oh dear, I expect you're being insulting again.Photographing stars with a camera set to f-5.6, 1/125, using ISO 160 film isn't a matter of opinion.
"Weight ratios" having nothing to do with your muscles strength on the moon isn't a matter of opinion.
Don't try to pass off your many completely wrong claims as differences of opinion.
And I demonstrated that even with the sun in the image the rest of the picture was okNo, I clearly said you could avoid the early morning lunar glare from a very low lying sun by....turning your lens away from the source of the glare.
That would mean admitting error.You know all this. You know their cameras were set up for this. You know you cannot photograph stars with these settings.
But you will not say so.