• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Apollo 11 Moon Landing Revisited: Hoax ~vs~ Debunk

You have to be pretty elite to get into RADA. You have to have a deep understanding of Shakespeare, for example. Hardly uneducated, just 'arty'.
Uneducated enough to not be able to read “£279,523.23” without finding it meaningless and needing a simplified notation to help them.

If they find 6 figure numbers confusing and meaningless, then they don’t sound particularly bright or erudite to me, regardless of whatever they might know about Shakespeare.
 
Uneducated enough to not be able to read “£279,523.23” without finding it meaningless and needing a simplified notation to help them.

If they find 6 figure numbers confusing and meaningless, then they don’t sound particularly bright or erudite to me, regardless of whatever they might know about Shakespeare.
Vixen as usual is wrong. RADA has no qualification requirements for entry, you need to be over 18, a fluent English speaker and perform well in an audition, being as thick as pig ◊◊◊◊ is no bar to entry if you can act. You need to know squat about Shakespeare.
 
You have to be pretty elite to get into RADA. You have to have a deep understanding of Shakespeare, for example. Hardly uneducated, just 'arty'.
Yet more bollocks. There is no such requirement.

 
Which would be fair enough if you accepted it the first time around. But why do you have to be pinned down to admit a mistake? Instead you try to front it out and claim you didn't make an error, and make up nonsense to try to excuse it.

What camera settings would you use in daylight to capture images of stars? What would the rest of the image look like?
I didn't notice it until you mentioned it just now. Otherwise it would have been included under my erratum note.

Obviously.
 
Uneducated enough to not be able to read “£279,523.23” without finding it meaningless and needing a simplified notation to help them.

If they find 6 figure numbers confusing and meaningless, then they don’t sound particularly bright or erudite to me, regardless of whatever they might know about Shakespeare.
They leave that to me.
 
I didn't notice it until you mentioned it just now. Otherwise it would have been included under my erratum note.
Again, more nonsense. Do you think you could make a post which takes a moment's thought and research?

Your original error was pointed out by JayUtah. You then went back and edited your post. I've quoted the original as quoted by JayUtah. You've clearly not bothered to refresh your memory about what happened, or even follow the link back, which would have taken you to your edited post. Instead you just, yet again, post the first thing that comes to mind to try to escape responsibility.


Of course it'd be of keen interest to an astronaut.
"Because I say so."

The idea you'd go on a 250,000K trip to the Moon and not care a darn about the stars is utterly bonkers.
Not at all. The astronauts went 384,000 km (not "250,000K" which is a temperature) to the Moon to look at the Moon, touch it, photograph it at close range, and bring parts of it home. There's plenty of time to look at the stars on the trip out and back, which they did. And they were keenly interested in constellations because that's how they navigated. They spent quite a lot of time in planetariums learning how to find their guide stars under all kinds of conditions.
 
Hello, typo...?
I know it was a typo. After your typo was pointed out to you, you said:

I am hardly going to use a figure without indicating what one is referring to. Really!
What kind of a response is this to having an example of you doing exactly this being pointed to you? Yoi’re hardly going to make the exact mistake thats just been pointed out to you?
 
Again, more nonsense. Do you think you could make a post which takes a moment's thought and research?

Your original error was pointed out by JayUtah. You then went back and edited your post. I've quoted the original as quoted by JayUtah. You've clearly not bothered to refresh your memory about what happened, or even follow the link back, which would have taken you to your edited post. Instead you just, yet again, post the first thing that comes to mind to try to escape responsibility.
You are right. I am browbeaten.
 
I know it was a typo. After your typo was pointed out to you, you said:


What kind of a response is this to having an example of you doing exactly this being pointed to you? Yoi’re hardly going to make the exact mistake thats just been pointed out to you?
As I said, I was obviously distracted when I wrote it. When another poster pointed out 250,000K didn't make sense, I amended it.
 
As I said, I was obviously distracted when I wrote it. When another poster pointed out 250,000K didn't make sense, I amended it.
I understand that. But why did you claim that you were hardly going to make the mistake of using a figure without referencing the units, when the discussion was about you doing exactly that.

You say you made a typo, and then go on to say that that kind of typo is hardly the kind of mistake you would make. I don’t think you even know what you’re trying to defend or argue here.
 
... I don’t think you even know what you’re trying to defend or argue here.

That's something of a recurring feature. The argument over some or other detail rumbles on far beyond the stage that anyone remembers whatever point was intended to be supported by the disputed claim.

In this case it was an incompetently expressed large distance, but that was only mentioned in support of the ridiculous claim that having travelled so far you would somehow obviously want to spend your time staring at the stars (which of course you can do on any clear night at home).
 
Last edited:
I understand that. But why did you claim that you were hardly going to make the mistake of using a figure without referencing the units, when the discussion was about you doing exactly that.

You say you made a typo, and then go on to say that that kind of typo is hardly the kind of mistake you would make. I don’t think you even know what you’re trying to defend or argue here.
For the avoidance of doubt, if I wanted to say some astronauts went on a 250K mile journey I have zero motive to leave out the miles, especially given the kilometres alternative. I was not aware the word 'miles' had been left out until it was pointed out just now.
 
I did say 'miles'. Normally, I only use the 'K' when it's a rounding up or down. You are writing reports to your creative boss who doesn't want to see '£279,592.23' which means nothing to him or her. But they immediately grasp £280K.
Or even 'k'......
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom