Foster Zygote
Dental Floss Tycoon
- Joined
- Jun 24, 2006
- Messages
- 23,336
No, that's not how "we" accountants speak. (As a reminder, and for anyone new, I'm a former accountant.) You pulled that out of an orifice, as usual, just like your BS claim that "nano" is British slang for "super-tiny," to try to pretend that you didn't put your foot in it yet again.
That was Ralph René, not Bill Kaysing. Kaysing is the cat guy. René at least gets some points for trying to demonstrate his claims empirically, even if his demonstrations are naïve and wrong.One of his most laughable bit of "evidence" involved his 'vacuum chamber glove' demonstration.

That was Ralph René, not Bill Kaysing. Kaysing is the cat guy. René at least gets some points for trying to demonstrate his claims empirically, even if his demonstrations are naïve and wrong.
When I was an undergraduate engineering student, I worked on the then-next-generation space glove. In this famous photo
View attachment 72274
Bruce McCandless is wearing gloves I helped design.
The problem with saying you can't use gloves in a vacuum is that it applies to all human spaceflight, not just Apollo. That makes it harder to say it's easy to fake.
I'm sure Vixen will be right by to inform us that you can't.Presumably that would also mean that you couldn't make a usable glove on a pressurised diving suit.
To be fair as a former British management accountant I will use K or M as a shorthand for thousand or million, but I'd also include a pound sign, miles or km etc to clarify WHAT it was thousands or millions of. And I wouldn't put in the zeros as well!
No such thing! Underwater you need to use a wheeled submarine.Presumably that would also mean that you couldn't make a usable glove on a pressurised diving suit.
No such thing! Underwater you need to use a wheeled submarine.
I could have sworn I'd seen Kaysing doing it too. It was outside, at a trailer (I think) in the desert, and I definitely remember cats around.That was Ralph René, not Bill Kaysing. Kaysing is the cat guy. René at least gets some points for trying to demonstrate his claims empirically, even if his demonstrations are naïve and wrong.
When I was an undergraduate engineering student, I worked on the then-next-generation space glove. In this famous photo
View attachment 72274
Bruce McCandless is wearing gloves I helped design.
The problem with saying you can't use gloves in a vacuum is that it applies to all human spaceflight, not just Apollo. That makes it harder to say it's easy to fake.
That may be true, but I highly doubt it. Kaysing never did any demonstrations. He just talked. In the OP video it’s René. Kaysing’s version of the claim was simply that the gloves looked too bulky and restrictive for delicate tasks.I could have sworn I'd seen Kaysing doing it too. It was outside, at a trailer (I think) in the desert, and I definitely remember cats around.
Yeah, me too.I've just given up and jumped ahead the 15 or so pages that happened since about yesterday. Nothing's going to change anyhow. Especially Vixen's mind.
That was Ralph René, not Bill Kaysing. Kaysing is the cat guy. René at least gets some points for trying to demonstrate his claims empirically, even if his demonstrations are naïve and wrong.
When I was an undergraduate engineering student, I worked on the then-next-generation space glove. In this famous photo
View attachment 72274
Bruce McCandless is wearing gloves I helped design.
The problem with saying you can't use gloves in a vacuum is that it applies to all human spaceflight, not just Apollo. That makes it harder to say it's easy to fake.
that wasn't Kaysing but Ralph Rene.One of his most laughable bit of "evidence" involved his 'vacuum chamber glove' demonstration. It was bad enough that he used an industrial rubber glove instead of the A7L glove designed specifically to be usable when pressurized, but he evacuated his glass tank to a near vacuum, not understanding that the A7L wasn't inflated to earth sea level pressure of ~14.7 psi, but only 3.7 psi. He didn't understand pressure differential. To be accurate, in addition to a proper glove, he'd need to evacuate his chamber down to just 3.7 psi under ambient pressure. Guy was as much an engineer as he was the reincarnation of Napoleon.
As could the average pre-teen Cub Scout. I sure as hell could identify most of the well-known constellations before I hit puberty.Of course it'd be of keen interest to an astronaut. My ex, who only did a double Physics degree because he became interested in astronomy, could point to the sky and say, 'There's Andromeda, or there's Cassiopeia...etc'.
Surprisingly, I'd be expecting them to be virtually 100% focused on mission objectives, not getting giddy over a view if stars they've pretty much seen a thousand times.The idea you'd go on a 250K mile trip to the Moon and not care a darn about the stars is utterly bonkers.
I love the story about an IT tech applying for a job that was advertised as paying $120K*.To be fair as a former British management accountant I will use K or M as a shorthand for thousand or million, but I'd also include a pound sign, miles or km etc to clarify WHAT it was thousands or millions of. And I wouldn't put in the zeros as well!
Sooooo... what's the misconception? That you think reading paper books is rare? That you think you are some kind of standout (look around the forum- avid book readers as far as the eye can see). Yet an up-to-the-minute website or wiki page is stellar for quick factual information. You should try it.This is where you have a misconception. Contrary to the belief, 'it's all on Google', I am actually one of those rare old school people who still read proper books and magazines.
You might have read a lot of books, but it's pretty clear you didn't understand them.I know I am right about the potential weight of the backpack on the Moon...because I was read up on it by reading books on the matter. Thus, it was faintly amusing and irritating to have a whole line of people claiming to have up to Nobel Prize physicist status that I was an uneducated imbecile.
You were correct on a triviality, and light years off on your major point. The major point had an eclipsing value, there.Only one person had the integrity to affirm I was correct.
Trust me, not a soul here feels they are "under threat" from. your whacky beliefs. it's just kinda hard to believe you are serious.So, no, that is not my claiming 'victimhood'; if you bully someone you are bullying them. Of course, being well read on a topic doesn't necessarily mean one is right. However, it is quite unnecessary to act as though your faith is under threat.