Vixen
Penultimate Amazing
Sorry, I misread it. It is to be sealed until 2076. Hmmm. Presumably they don't want children's sticky fingers all over it.What is your source for this allegedly official classification?
Sorry, I misread it. It is to be sealed until 2076. Hmmm. Presumably they don't want children's sticky fingers all over it.What is your source for this allegedly official classification?
As for usable photos it's all a moot question as the gelatin in the film would almost certainly have been damaged by radiation.
Glare is very relevant as it was also coming off the ground.That's not the question. The question is whether the light from the sun is shining as brightly on objects in a lunar scene as it is on objects in an Earth scene, such that similar photographic settings would be required.
"Glare" is irrelevant. Temperature is irrelevant.
Sorry, I misread it. It is to be sealed until 2076. Hmmm. Presumably they don't want children's sticky fingers all over it.
Including the panorama series which have the sun glaring into some of them? Are they perfect too?The photos are staggeringly perfect.
Yes, sunlight reflects off the lunar surface just as it does off the Earth's surface. Photography works by capturing light reflected from objects.Glare is very relevant as it was also coming off the ground.
Time capsules are indeed sealed to prevent their contents from deterioration. That's how they work.Sorry, I misread it. It is to be sealed until 2076. Hmmm. Presumably they don't want children's sticky fingers all over it.
Never assume.It's a schoolkids' time capsule.
You grasp the concept I suppose?
Hence the question mark.Never assume.
What does that have to do with whether you should use a zoom lens?If quality is key, then generally speaking, the more telescopic the lens, the lower the quality but OTOH you can get perfectly good pics however.
I'll take that as a "no".The astronauts were there at a time it was at its most suitable for humans, i.e., circa 28°C, in other words, when the sun was very low. No different from sunset or sunrise, when one can often see the Moon in the sky even both Sun and Moon nearby each other. If there is glare, turn your back on the sun to take the pic.
I shan't be wasting my time arguing facts.We want to get it from you
Again a good answer but not from Vixen.It seems she might be confusing a UV filter with a polarizing filter.
As I explained at length before, UV filters in the traditional sense are not needed on the Moon because the haze ("glare?") they are meant to correct is a phenomenon created in the atmosphere. Absent an atmosphere, you don't have the same problem.
A circular polarizing filter can eliminate reflections (specular or diffuse) by selectively admitting light of a certain polarity. Reflections are generally polarized in a different direction than the primary subject's illumination. Scattered visible light (not UV) in the air is also usually polarized differently. You can darken the sky, for example, using a circular polarizer.
Nothing about this has anything to do with ordinary star photography.
You haven't established that they are facts.I shan't be wasting my time arguing facts.
Are you sure?Excellent reply but I was asking Vixen.
Now she knows
I wouldn't worry. Vixen rarely if ever incorporates things that she's told into the next iteration of her claims, so there's little danger in revealing facts she seems determined to ignore.Again a good answer but not from Vixen.
No doubt it will be incorporated in to her next iteration.
[citation needed]It's 'classified'. This is official.
Do you suppose the astronauts on the moon saw the moon in the sky?The astronauts were there at a time it was at its most suitable for humans, i.e., circa 28°C, in other words, when the sun was very low. No different from sunset or sunrise, when one can often see the Moon in the sky even both Sun and Moon nearby each other. If there is glare, turn your back on the sun to take the pic.
Cut me some slack, I took an arrow to the knee!You mean I crafted 200 iron daggers for nothing?!
It's a schoolkids' time capsule.
You grasp the concept I suppose?
