Steve
Penultimate Amazing
As taught in really hard O level physics.Look, it's a simple matter of weight ratios.
As taught in really hard O level physics.Look, it's a simple matter of weight ratios.
Because stars are so far away you silly goose. You need a zoom lens to zoom in and photograph them properly.Why a zoom lens? What does that have to do with it?
I think we can add "zoom lens" to the list of basic photography terminology Vixen doesn't understand and uses to betray her ignorance(cf. "shutter speed").Why a zoom lens? What does that have to do with it?
I'd go for low speed 200 black and white.
How slow? Give us a number.Slow shutter speed.
Why do you think that wouldn’t be an important factor?There must literally have been millions of stars, with nothing to obscure the view other than the low sun.
I don't know about you, but I never once lied to my children.You know how it is when you are loath to tell little children Father Christmas does not exist..? You quietly tiptoe out of the room.
The only reason you would use black and white film is because it can be made in higher ISOs than color film. So why you would then choose slow film is pretty amusing.Black and White also seems like an interesting choice to photograph the stars, given how colorful some of them are.
I'm particularly curious as to why she'd use a slower film for stellar photography. I'm sure she'll tell us presently.The only reason you would use black and white film is because it can be made in higher ISOs than color film. So why you would then choose slow film is pretty amusing.
She’s still in the mode of pretending to educate the poor unwashed masses.First, I'm sure I'm not the only one who noticed that you said what you would do, not what you did. You said you've already done this. But we know you lied.
A zoom lens is a very poor choice because the zoom function adds extra lens elements that soak up light. You can have a long lens but you want a prime lens.Why a zoom lens? What does that have to do with it?
There’s actually a reason, but she hasn’t yet figured out the trap she just fell into.I'm particularly curious as to why she'd use a slower film for stellar photography. I'm sure she'll tell us presently.
Vixen, I believe I have throughout this thread been polite to you. And you have to respond with insults. Sad. Pathetic even. And you make no actual response to what I posted.I doubt you would be able to follow the argument as you are so ingrained in the Kubrick version. The Apollo 11 astronauts had to train in artificially induced reduced gravity (note: NOT zero gravity, as is commonly believed but apx 1/6th of Earth's). This was achieved periodically by travelling at high speeds. Its abrupt and very brief nature meant devising a system of harnesses (see earlier video about the 'debunkers'). Because the harnesses by which the trainees were hoist in the air caused an imbalance, they found it easier to leap about with two feet as ordinary gait tended to make them lose their balance. The hoist made them tend to spin around. Plus on the Moon they had a backpack roughly their own body weight. In the aforesaid video, in one part the guy was wearing a piece of styrofoam on his back. For the artificial gravity session, a body vest weighing roughly 180lbs was wrapped around his torso, rather than on his back. Yet he was still unable to maintain his balance.
HOWEVER, on the Moon the videos we see show the astronauts hopping in the same manner as though they were still on a hoist! Plus, their backpack no longer seems to be a problem for them. In effect, it looks EXACTLY like the sequences were filmed on Earth.
Kimo sabe?
Is 200 ASA considered slow? It's an everyday general purpose speed to my mind.There’s actually a reason, but she hasn’t yet figured out the trap she just fell into.
Shutter speed is not a measure of how often a photographer triggers the shutter.The argument is that the shutter speed of the cameras used means they must have been churning out a photo every Xth of a unit of time.
I wouldn't bet on itShutter speed is not a measure of how often a photographer triggers the shutter.
You do know this, surely?
Well, you've made a start, but haven't actually answered the question. You've only specified one corner/side of the exposure triangle. What shutter speed and what aperture would you use to capture stars in daylight?This is an interesting question. On the one hand there is a pitch black sky, no clouds (=there is no rain or water on the Moon for there to be any), unlike in England where the sky is blue, white or grey during the day (and bright sunshine is rare [ha ha]). On the other hand, there is the bright light of a low sun. So, first thing to consider is what type of film? I'd go for low speed 200 black and white. Slow shutter speed. Polarised filter on the zoom lens to deal with the glare and perhaps some kind of umbrella to block out the sun's rays. There must literally have been millions of stars, with nothing to obscure the view other than the low sun.
Was it really? Gosh. I got an 'A' at 'O' level, I must be very clever. What did you get? Did you go on to 'A' level in Physics?O-Level Physics was far harder than anything people do today.
I used to shoot on ISO 125 B&W and I still have some rolls of Plus-X left. T-Max 400 is the standard these days.Is 200 ASA considered slow? It's an everyday general purpose speed to my mind.
And what adjustments would be necessary for stellar photography at slow ISO?What shutter speed and what aperture would you use to capture stars in daylight?
My tests were done with a 200 mm prime.Why not, as Jay suggests, a prime? And then what length?
I was pages behind. You have been proven correct a number of times.I wouldn't bet on it![]()