Steve
Penultimate Amazing
Is there ever a deal?
Sen. Dave McCormick: "We don't know whether there is an actual path to a deal. I assume there is. I think the
president is probably closing in on what he thinks is a good deal."
Video in link

Is there ever a deal?
Sen. Dave McCormick: "We don't know whether there is an actual path to a deal. I assume there is. I think the
president is probably closing in on what he thinks is a good deal."
Video in link

Do you think Iran is winning?
That's a pretty subjective criteria, and not worth giving any weight to.Unquestionably.
They've made USA into the world's laughing stock
What percentage of Iran's weapons were used up? If arsenal depletion is an important metric, apply it to both sides.have forced USA & Zionazirael to use up an enormous percentage of their weapons
They don't have control of Hormuz. In order to control Hormuz, they would need to be able to not only deny passage to others, but to ensure passage of their own. And they can't do that. Hell, they can't even deny passage to our naval vessels, only to defenseless civilian ships. As for fees, do you think the fees they're collecting come close to the lost revenue from their inability to export their own oil? I don't., have control of and are collecting fees from Hormuz
What do you think is happening to Iran's currency right now? Again, we see that you don't apply your own standards objectively., are driving an inflationary bubble that everyone in the world is paying
And still getting their own ◊◊◊◊ blown up too.and are still shooting down American aircraft.
Aren't they? Their currency is in the toilet, revenues have cratered, their military is being hollowed out, and much of their leadership is dead. What have they actually accomplished? Are they better off now than they were last year? No, by any objective measure they aren't.If Iran is losing
Oh, I didn't say America is winning. I think it's completely reasonable to withhold judgment on that score. Our goals are long term, and it's hard to evaluate with precision, based on publicly available information, how much we've achieved. I'm not trying to convince you that we're winning. I'm challenging what I see as a very shallow evaluation of the question. That shallowness is demonstrated in factors such as citing US inflation but ignoring Iranian currency collapse., by what metric do you think America is winning?
Most plausibly... starving Russia and China of oil, thus reducing the ability of two hostile aggressor nations to wage large scale war. It's not very nice to starve your enemies and destroy their economies, but potentially quite effective.What goals?
Do you WANT the US to glass Iran? Is that your objective here?Constant claims of victory but an inability to follow it through and actually win
Do you think Iran is winning?
That's a pretty subjective criteria, and not worth giving any weight to.
What percentage of Iran's weapons were used up? If arsenal depletion is an important metric, apply it to both sides.
They don't have control of Hormuz. In order to control Hormuz, they would need to be able to not only deny passage to others, but to ensure passage of their own. And they can't do that. Hell, they can't even deny passage to our naval vessels, only to defenseless civilian ships. As for fees, do you think the fees they're collecting come close to the lost revenue from their inability to export their own oil? I don't.
What do you think is happening to Iran's currency right now? Again, we see that you don't apply your own standards objectively.
And still getting their own ◊◊◊◊ blown up too.
Aren't they? Their currency is in the toilet, revenues have cratered, their military is being hollowed out, and much of their leadership is dead. What have they actually accomplished? Are they better off now than they were last year? No, by any objective measure they aren't.
Oh, I didn't say America is winning. I think it's completely reasonable to withhold judgment on that score. Our goals are long term, and it's hard to evaluate with precision, based on publicly available information, how much we've achieved. I'm not trying to convince you that we're winning. I'm challenging what I see as a very shallow evaluation of the question. That shallowness is demonstrated in factors such as citing US inflation but ignoring Iranian currency collapse.
Seems to actually be the case.So the best you can manage is that we're both losing. Sounds great.
Most plausibly... starving Russia and China of oil, thus reducing the ability of two hostile aggressor nations to wage large scale war. It's not very nice to starve your enemies and destroy their economies, but potentially quite effective.
Also likely to be the most effective way to prevent another world war.
The USA tried that with Japan.Most plausibly... starving Russia and China of oil, thus reducing the ability of two hostile aggressor nations to wage large scale war. It's not very nice to starve your enemies and destroy their economies, but potentially quite effective.
Also likely to be the most effective way to prevent another world war.
And that prevented a war! Oh, wait.......The USA tried that with Japan.
Elaborate?The USA tried that with Japan.
We imposed an oil embargo on Japan prior to Pearl Harbor. That's often cited as one of the reasons they attacked Pearl Harbor.Elaborate?
As with all thing Trump, that plan seems to be working sooooo well,Most plausibly... starving Russia and China of oil, thus reducing the ability of two hostile aggressor nations to wage large scale war. It's not very nice to starve your enemies and destroy their economies, but potentially quite effective.
Also likely to be the most effective way to prevent another world war.
Those who ignore history are condemned to repeat it.Elaborate?
And how much oil were they exporting before the war? How much was China buying?However, Iran has still managed to export well above 16 million barrels of oil since the beginning of March, trade data and analytics platform Kpler estimated. Due to Western sanctions and associated risks, China has been the biggest buyer of Iranian oil.
Not necessarily but the USA certainly looks to be losing
What's your metric?