• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Apollo 11 Moon Landing Revisited: Hoax ~vs~ Debunk

I'm sitting on my deck chair
When the Moon begins to shine
Reflecting that I missed lunch
And this line just hardly rhymes

And at five o'clock, it's a bit late for my tea...
I'm feeling awful hungry...I did say hun gar eeeeeee....

🎸🤘
 
To be fair, she has demonstrated an uncannily reliable talent for finding subjects of which she knows far less than just about everyone on earth and its major satellite.
I'm waiting for a Russian min-sub to show up with Amanda Knox and a team of Spetznaz guys inside to show up in this conversation at any time.
 
Isn't the plutonium from the Apollo 13 LM in the ocean somewhere?
Yes. The final maneuver to correct the "shallowing" also put the descent stage on a trajectory to dump the fuel canister for the SNAP-27 RTG into a deep, safe place in the ocean. When I was working at Livermore I got to meet a team that works on SNAPs. These are the power supplies for experiments left on the Moon, and for deep space spacecraft that cannot use solar power.

This form of safe disposal was necessary because the SNAP-27 departed from the usual practice of packaging the radioisotope in small, clad pellets that disperse harmlessly in a catastrophe. It used a single cylindrical rod of PuO2, far below critical mass. Plutonium decays via alpha emission, so it poses no hazard unless handled for an extended period of time. The alpha decay also produces heat, which is what makes the electricity.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom