• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Does 'rape culture' accurately describe (many) societies?

I am. You deny that abortion at the altar of sexual gratification is taking place? Seriously?

I do enjoy the language used here. Like the termination of a pregnancy is performed in hooded robes while a crowd of sexual deviants dance and perform ritual chanting as an unwilling young lady lies on a marble alter.

Afterwards there would be a celebratory orgy in which dangerously subversive sexual acts are perfomed, possibly including handcuffs or a rubber duck.
 
Last edited:
I have answered your question multiple times.

Strawmanning is assigning a position to others that they do not hold. You do that every time you state or imply that because I don't hold the position that sex necessarily has to have meaning that I don't or shouldn't care if adults have sex with underage individuals. That is a strawman, a non-sequitor and an ad absurdum fallacy all rolled into one. You hit the trifecta of illogical reasoning.

I never said it was trivial. Another strawman. I said it doesn't have to have meaning.
I'll try again by restating the question I asked you:
Please tell the thread what you would be protecting a child from if you had the chance to intervene where an adult was about to (or was having sex) with a child. We know that you do not know if there is any material difference between the above scenario and an adult scratching the child's back. I mean, you wouldn't intervene if the adult was doing the latter would you? - so it follows that you wouldn't with the former either. You'll CMIIW.
Your response:
I'm of the belief that intellectual and emotional growth takes time. It is unfair to expect that underage individuals have grown to the point where it is fair to expect them to not be taken advantage of. This is why we don't allow them to sign bsiness contracts and have sex with adults. We recognize that age usually mean both emotional, physical and intellectual growth.
This implies that you would intervene in the sexual case but I assume you would not 'intervene' if an adult was scratching a child's back (that would be a silly overreaction right?) - and yet we know:
You do not know if there is any material difference between scratching someone else's itch and having sex with them?
because you answered 'nope'.

You clearly do know there is a difference (in meaning, morality and consequence) between the two scenarios don't you? You are resisting the assignment of special meaning to sex because of your nihilistic tendencies.
 
I am. You deny that abortion at the altar of sexual gratification is taking place? Seriously?
That's not human sacrifice. Neither is the removal of human cells in a biopsy or an appendectomy.

What is human sacrifice is nailing a 33 year old human being to few pieces of wood to satisfy some primitive story.
 
Last edited:
That's not human sacrifice. Neither is the removal of human cells in a biopsy or an appendectomy.

What is human sacrifice is nailing a 33 year oldhuman being to few pieces of wood to satisfy some primitive story.
I clarified above for you. I think you know exactly what I talking about. You are resorting to pedantry / semantics to avoid the issue aren't you?

As always, CMIIW.
 
Last edited:
I'll try again by restating the question I asked you:

Your response:

This implies that you would intervene in the sexual case but I assume you would not 'intervene' if an adult was scratching a child's back (that would be a silly overreaction right?) - and yet we know:

because you answered 'nope'.
Exactly. Answered again and again. Scratching a back is not sex. But it could be a prelude to sex.
You clearly do know there is a difference (in meaning, morality and consequence) between the two scenarios don't you? You are resisting the assignment of special meaning to sex because of your nihilistic tendencies.
You so funny. You keep extending to the ridiculous that because I don't necessarily require some deep meaning to sex that non-consensual sex should be OK with me. It's not and never will be.
 
Last edited:
I clarified above for you. I think you know exactly what I talking about. You are resorting to pedantry / semantics to avoid the issue aren't you?

As always, CMIIW.
No, I'm not. You are.

The voluntary removal of an embryo or fetus does not constitute "human sacrifice." An abortion is the removal of unwanted parasitic human cells from a female. Not unlike any other surgical or non-surgical procedure to remove other unwanted living human cells.
 
No, I'm not. You are. The voluntary removal of an embryo or fetus does not constitute "human sacrifice." An abortion is the removal of unwanted parasitic human cells from a female. Not unlike any other surgical or non-surgical procedure to remove other unwanted living human cells.
The Nazis redefined Jews as Untermensch and you are essentially doing the same thing with the unborn...which is right in line with your nihilistic tendencies.

There will always be some debate about grey areas regarding abortion (and if we take your post literally then it might imply you have an extreme stance) - but that it does occur because someone has put sex before other considerations is undeniable. Porn will be part of that general narrative.
 
Last edited:
Exactly. Answered again and again. Scratching a back is not sex. But it could be a prelude to sex.

You so funny. You keep extending to the ridiculous that because I don't necessarily require some deep meaning to sex that non-consensual sex should be OK with me. It's not and never will be.
The contradiction continues. QED.
 
I am perfectly fine with the earliest stages of life having as much or as little significance as the person carrying it feels it has. If I couldn't even tell what it was if I saw it, I'm one billion percent fine with whatever the mother's opinion might be. It's a fact that these stages of life are lost naturally every day, all the time, without anyone even noticing. To me, it makes no sense to use them as moral wedges.

What to do with unplanned pregancies? Not up to me. Continue it, have a kid and love it to bits, intentionally terminate it and have a kid later when you want to, etc etc. There is no blanket answer that will be right for everyone.

Anyway, unplanned pregancies still have bupkis to do with porn.
 
I am. You deny that abortion at the altar of sexual gratification is taking place? Seriously?
I also deny that. You are being preposterously hyperbolic.
The Nazis redefined Jews as Untermensch and you are essentially doing the same thing with the unborn...which is right in line with your nihilistic tendencies.

There will always be some debate about grey areas regarding abortion (and if we take your post literally then it might imply you have an extreme stance) - but that it does occur because someone has put sex before other considerations is undeniable. Porn will be part of that general narrative.
Again, calm down, you are hyperventilating. acbytesla's stance is far from extreme, and not nearly as extreme as yours; your prudish slip is showing.
 
Anyway, unplanned pregancies still have bupkis to do with porn.

Everything!

Porn (which is evil) leads to sex (which is evil unless it's between a mummy and a daddy that love each other very much), which leads (the wicked and iniquitous) to indulge in the evil sex act, solely for the purposes of mutual satisfaction, rather than for the, sole and glorious, purpose of producing babies and without even the prophylactic of a bedsheet with a hole in it.

Porn, and particularly masturbation to porn, always leads to pregnancies. It's to do with quantum spermatozoa. You wouldn't understand....
 
The Nazis redefined Jews as Untermensch and you are essentially doing the same thing with the unborn...which is right in line with your nihilistic tendencies.
You can continue forever this moronic equivalence, it doesn't make it true.
There will always be some debate about grey areas regarding abortion (and if we take your post literally then it might imply you have an extreme stance) - but that it does occur because someone has put sex before other considerations is undeniable. Porn will be part of that general narrative.
It's not extreme. There is little reason to believe that at any moment during the first two stages of pregnancy that the fetus is sentient. And barely so in the third. If at all. Outside of maybe being sensitive to touch and possibly light, the fetus does not seem to be aware of anything.

But even then, it wouldn't matter to me. This is all about bodily autonomy and consent. Your body and what is in it is your domain. If you want to have a mastectomy or an abortion or give blood, it is up to you. Your body, your choice. Not mine, but yours. And definitely not the government's!
 
Last edited:
It's only a contradiction to those who are engaged in dishonest sophistry.
But still no explanation as to why. You criticise Christianity for its inconsistencies (no problem with that) and yet, when challenged about your own, you wimp out.
 
You can continue forever this moronic equivalence, it doesn't make it true.
Zero reasoning why it might be moronic. You wimped out again.
It's not extreme. There is little reason to believe that at any moment during the first two stages of pregnancy that the fetus is sentient.

But even then, it wouldn't matter to me. This is all about bodily autonomy and consent. Your body and what is in it is your domain. If you want to have a mastectomy or an abortion or give blood, it is up to you. Your body, your choice. Not mine, but yours. And definitely not the government's!
Your faith in the integrity of humankind is pretty naive.
 
Honestly not seeing it isn't the same thing as wimping out. You seem to find the way I talk about subjective morality inconsistent, and I don't see why either.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom