• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Trump's Second Term

US regulator to review Disney broadcast licences after Jimmy Kimmel joke about Melania Trump

The US Federal Communications Commission is ordering an early review of Disney's television broadcast licences days after President Donald Trump called for the firing of late-night host Jimmy Kimmel.

In an order on Tuesday, the FCC said it had been investigating Disney's ABC stations for possible violations, including unlawful discrimination

The FCC order directs the company to file licence-renewal applications for all of its licensed TV stations within 30 days.

When I was younger, I never thought the U.S. would fall to such a ridiculously childish level. Now, I'm not surprised.
 
Today I saw regular gas (petrol) inch (2.54 centimeter) above $4 a gallon locally for the first time since the war began.
Fixed that for you. :D

Just imagine how much the extra hundreds of millions of dollars Americans are currently paying every day is matched by the hundreds of millions this is also costing Iran. Don't worry, voters, Trump can keep these high prices up for as long as he deems necessary.
 
Who here has ever heard 86-ing something as a euphemism for murder?
I don't generally see it in the first place, but I'm pretty sure that I saw it being used that way by right-wingers towards Democrats well before Comey. That likely plays into why they would buy into or pretend that it was that usage at a later point in time.
 
Snicker . . . Snicker . . . Granny Panties is naming her daughter . . . Vivian.

It fits.

ETA: No, that's what the "mentalist" at the corrrespondents dinner guessed
 
Last edited:
Who here has ever heard 86-ing something as a euphemism for murder?
I think I have in a few mafia movies and TV shows. But more often I have heard it as a euphemism for throwing something out. In media the mafia use it to avoid saying things like "murder" or "kill", and that doesn't work if it only has one meaning. Haven't heard it used in the last decade or so other than the Comey thing.
 
I think I have in a few mafia movies and TV shows. But more often I have heard it as a euphemism for throwing something out. In media the mafia use it to avoid saying things like "murder" or "kill", and that doesn't work if it only has one meaning. Haven't heard it used in the last decade or so other than the Comey thing.
I'm tempted to just say "Lucky" to that.

For reference, though, I do also recall a number of right wingers making a bit of a hubbub to 86 46.
 
It's been 40+ years since I owned a TV, so pardon my puzzlement -- but don't television sets
have on/off switches anymore? Or some way to change channels?

Don't be afraid to hit me with the truth. I'm here to learn.
Trumps admin has done away with on/off. Didn’t you read upthread? All a biden environmental conspiracy.

Lee Zeldin
@epaleezeldin
The Trump EPA has ENDED the Green New Scam.

…
$1.3 trillion in savings. … The end of the start/stop climate participation trophy. All while protecting our environment
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom