Not necessarily dyscalculia. You'd be surprised how many people have no idea how to calculate percentages.
ETA Although it's astonishing in Trump, given he graduated in Economics where you need to be able to calculate interest and inflation. And compound them. Not to mention Future Values... But then again, Trump's issued an injunction against Wharton/Penn from releasing his transcript and accreditations. 364th out of 366 students, is the rumour.
I seem to recall that even that likely involved him paying others to do much of the actual work for him, which would be entirely in character. Especially if he did indeed get in after paying someone else to take the SAT test for him.
A country's people have to take responsibility for who gets elected. First time, shame on Trump, second time, shame on you.
Sure. That doesn't at all mean that all of them are supporters, complicit, or deserve to be lumped together at a personal level, though. Rather, that means that we bear the country-wide consequences of the elected leaders' actions and policy together, for better or worse.
To give more concrete examples there, though - do I take issue with other countries fighting back against Trump's unreasonable tariffs? No. As a general rule, I support them, even when it means that I and those I care about end up having to lose out as a result. This is part of taking responsibility for the decisions of a group that I am part of. Do I take issue with being effectively called a Trump supporter and being treated as if I were such? Very much so. I did and do oppose Trump and co quite firmly, have voted against him and encouraged others to vote against him. Taking responsibility for the decisions of a group that I am part of does not include
falsely accepting the label and implications of being a Trump supporter/voter.
I'm entirely fine with agreeing that Stacyhs' argument there was a bad argument, but I think that it's worth noting that it was made with a backdrop of certain posters acting as if the significant portion of America that voted against Trump should falsely accept the label and implications of being Trump supporters after willfully misrepresenting what falls under "responsibility." Taking issue with that misrepresentation and eventually getting triggered by similar things is entirely understandable, even if the manner of doing so was flawed.
Now granted, not every American is to blame. Harris did get ~75 million votes in the 2024 election, so their are absolved. But there were ~245 million eligible voters. That means that 170 million Americans did not think Trump was bad enough to actually vote against. (They supported Trump, did not vote, spoiled ballot, etc.). Less than 1/3rd of Americans actually opposed Trump in a way that it mattered. If 2/3rds of the population are OK with fascism, you have a problem.
As a minor quibble, having a spoiled ballot is a categorically different form of issue than supporting Trump or not voting and should not be lumped in together with those. They might also having been trying to vote for Trump, of course, so that's not at all exoneration, just not something that should be lumped together. In somewhat similar fashion, if someone is unable to vote or was prevented from voting, that's different from choosing to be apathetic, even if it's also not exoneration. Rather, they represent distinctly different kinds of problems.
With all that said, the US definitely does have serious problems of various kinds. The sheer number of people in the US that are fine with fascism in practice (whatever words they may spout) is definitely one of those problems.