You could always be like me and just have a natural talent for taking standardized tests. Which was the curse of my school years, because I was always accused of not working hard enough to the get the grades to match the test scores.
I can top that!
Some years ago, I had to submit to an hours-long battery of IQ, brain function,
and aptitude tests. (The State of Michigan was suspicious about my aging
brain's ability to drive a car, god blast and damn their thuggish hearts.) Some
parts of these tests were familiar, some novel, some rather odd. There was an interview
session with the head shrink too. After a few days, they commanded me
to come back and review the results -- and the head shrink was HORRIFIED!
at some of my scores! A man of my HIGH! intelligence, scoring Low Normal on simple
math challenges! Oh! And the simulated driving tests! Low Normal again!
When the poor woman had fought off an attack of the vapors, I asked, Well,
but what is your baseline? (My math skills have always been sub-enviable, no
news there. And I evolved long before laptop driving games came to be. So WTF,
Dr. Shrink?) She began to hem n haw n harrumph, and could only come up with
the impression she had formed
from my interview. That was her baseline:
The wealth of Western boolsh I had fed her. Hell's on fire, we all enjoy talking about
ourselves.
In the end, my tests were enough for the State of Machinations to let me
keep my driver's license. But later I discussed this episode with a psychologist,
who scoffed and said he'd never heard of Low Normal; either you fail or you pass.
Her baseline? Not worth the paper it wasn't plotted on.
Only thing I learned was
don't engage with a patent psych evaluator you
found online!