After 252 pages of this I can't see how this is surprising. Perhaps in another 252 pages someone will make some headway? Or it'll just lapse until the next reset and start aaaaall over.
This is actually the first thread I've participated in with such a clear reset on a part of the topic that I personally looked up and posted receipts, and stayed long enough to see the argument come back around as though that never happened. I feel like I should get a badge or something.
But yeah they don't put you in prison for producing a porn film where, for example, they say in the dialog that an older performer is underage. They tell the producer they have to cut the line where the guy says "I still can't get over it. You look like you're 35. It's crazy that you're actually a legal minor." And if the producer doesn't get it cut and resubmitted, the film doesn't get its rating label and can't be legally published.
It's just that abhorrent.
The quoted laws about pseudo-images were also hashed out and IIRC several posters agreed that Poem has a different idea about what
"the impression conveyed by the image is that the person shown is a child, or the predominant impression conveyed is that the person shown is a child despite the fact that some of the physical characteristics shown are not those of a child" means than the people enforcing the laws do. The obvious intention of the law is 'don't make indecent images that you can honestly mistake for CSAM, and don't try to dance around the edges of the letter of the law with 'but officer,
children don't have (xyz), either.'
It's clear from legally published, legally rated porn films on DVD in the UK that sixth form school costumes and talk of naughty students and teachers do not, legally speaking, create the predominant impression that the persons shown are children.
The
law that can get you
put away is about FAKE CSAM. It is not about people dressing up a bit for studio porn.
The laws for obtaining legal ratings for distribution of porn DVDs in the UK are more strict, not allowing porn with settings or dialog that say or too overtly imply a character is underage. The penalty for
just that is... nothing. You can't legally publish and distribute it, is all.
What porn sites were apparantly 'rife with' was
"pornographic content which suggests sexual activity with children;" if they meant fake CSAM, that's actionable, go for it, but if they meant 'Sally's Saucy School for Very Naughty Students' then no, I'm not actually very concerned about people being able to click to say "I'm 18+" to see it.