JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing
Just knee-jerk sympathy, apparently. I'm happy to give SpaceX credit for things they do right. But HLS isn't yet one of those things.Not at all. I just don't engage in the knee-jerk reflexive antipathy that others do.
I agree with that. That's not to say that SpaceX too is beyond criticism. I criticize Elon Musk for the things Musk does that deserve it. But I also criticize SpaceX too when it deserves it. And although you weren't the one who questioned it, I also criticize Boeing. I built my company largely on contracting to Boeing, but not since finishing the 787 contracts. I call it as I see it, not knee-jerkedly.Elon is a ◊◊◊◊, yes, but SpaceX is not Elon, and Elon is not SpaceX.
NASA disagrees.As SpaceX is on track for its mission schedule.
SpaceX is very good at grabbing headlines, yes. Blue Origin is delivering hardware on schedule to the customer, and doesn't need headlines for the customer to know that.Well maybe the reason they're way behind is that they're following an untested path. My point about the comparison with Blue Origin is that I know what SpaceX is doing because they're in the news every time they do something. I haven't heard squat from Blue Origin in years. Does this mean that they're making great achievements and keeping them out of the news? I don't know.
None taken, but I'm quite open about my professional role as an aerospace engineer and my sig advertises my nonlawyerliness.And here was me thinking you were a lawyer.No offense intended.
Nope.SpaceX has practical experience in human factors by way of their Dragon Crew module, which is also in regular operation right now. It's a different form factor, but surely some of the design principles can carry over?
Last edited: