• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Cont: The Russian Invasion of Ukraine part 9

I saw a video a while ago (I'll try to find it again) where a Russian lady (not living in Russia) tries to explain why Russians are like that. Her theory is that for a century plus now Russians have been abused by their governments so the population acts, collectively, like domestic abuse victims. They keep their heads down, they don't speak up, they don't contradict obvious lies, they don't fight back. Not sure how valid that theory is, but it did make me think.
Maybe it was Elvira Bary? She has a series of videos on Youtube about Russia and the mentality of its people. All are quite good.
 
Last edited:
It appears "Koral" is almost here. A new Ukrainian ballistic missile interceptor


A whole bunch of Patriots received from the Gulf States recently (thanks Trump!) but a Patriot replacement - or supplement - is still desperately needed.

1776188642803.png
 
I saw a video a while ago (I'll try to find it again) where a Russian lady (not living in Russia) tries to explain why Russians are like that. Her theory is that for a century plus now Russians have been abused by their governments so the population acts, collectively, like domestic abuse victims. They keep their heads down, they don't speak up, they don't contradict obvious lies, they don't fight back. Not sure how valid that theory is, but it did make me think.

I think if Russians treat their government like a domestic abuser, Americans treat their own government like retail management. We complain when things aren't to our liking but feel like there's nothing we can actually do about it except demand someone get fired, which doesn't happen often. And when so many things are wrong we give up because we're exhausted by complaining all the time with no meaningful results.
This long lecture in Finnish from 2018 by a former Finnish intelligence colonel makes a similar point.

It's about Russian "strategic culture"

 
JD Vance: Stopping funding for Ukraine is one of the things I’m proudest we’ve done in this administration

Link
Oh, it's time for one of these again.

[shemp] also nsfw

Who's the 'we' in this equation, you ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊ weapons-grade dunce? Don't you realize that we know the VP has ◊◊◊◊ all political power and that your only job is to hang around molesting couches and salivate over the prospects of one day becoming an even more unpopular president than your boss, the walking orange ◊◊◊◊ show who had America dancing in the streets the last time he lost an election? I'm sure you're every bit as dense and weird as your boss but unlike him you can't translate that into charisma if your life depended on it, like, have you considered how much of a ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊ weirdo one has to be for someone to joke about how you like to ◊◊◊◊ couches and have that the thing everyone ends up associating you with? YOU stopped aid to Ukraine? What did you do, keep the stinking, phone-addicted decrepit awake long enough for him to give the order? Wrestle him away from his hamberders and girly daydreams about his own ballroom long enough to remind him his big brother putin existed and probably has his own copies of the Epstein files? Are you trying to feel better about your Hillbilly World Tour of ◊◊◊◊-Ups where you did nothing but trip over your dick and literally caused your buddy Orban to lose his SIXTEEN YEARS winning streak because being seen with a socially inept couch ◊◊◊◊◊◊ caused him to lose all his street cred? 'WE' stopped funding for Ukraine? Do you think you're some ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊ white genderflipped Michelle Obama who can go out there and DO things? I doubt you could even go to a school and get them to serve healthier foods and if you went there I'd pray for a ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊ school shooter to put the kids out of their misery, but you took it upon yourself to fly to Greenland to try and make them less pissed with you for threatening to invade them for no ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊ reason? You went to ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊ Islamabad to negotiate peace after your boss had a tantrum and threw all his toys out of his pram and the peace treaty with it and then decided this term to attack them without even being able to come up with a ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊ reason? The same slithering orange dunghill who has been bloviating about Muslims and brown people for over 10 years and then up and killed over 150 of their schoolgirls? I know your cult has no ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊ self-awareness, but are you really such an autofellatio-ing dumbass that you thought you could go out there and talk to hostile world leaders? You couldn't even visit a fast food joint and have a friendly chat with the staff without weirding everyone out, and perhaps that qualifies as a ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊ achievement, but it still just reinforces the point that you're an obnoxious ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊ redneck no one likes or respects, whose only thing resembling an actual accomplishment was to write a grifting biopic where you threw your own people under the bus! You couldn't even get your demented boss not to invade in the first place and he has the ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊ brains and attention span of a mentally challenged toddler, oh, and despite this, despite the chief ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊ being more impressionable and oblivious than any actual child I've ever met he still has you by the balls?! Do you realize how bad you have to be at human interaction to be outmaneuvered by a ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊ toddler at every turn?! And you still want to talk to actual leaders who are not only adults but also backed by their countries' best advisors and diplomats?!

Oh, and to return to the topic of this conversation, you're PROUD that your ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊ crime operation of creeps and weirdoes no longer bothers to send aid to a nation fighting for its survival? You're proud that you managed to stop doing a thing? I guess it's in keeping with your boss standing there mortally offended when someone had a medical emergency in his office, but to the rest of us, Vance, you oblivious and asinine waste of ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊ space and oxygen,
not helping isn't seen as an achievement or sacrifice!


Except maybe when the senile psychopath finally consumes enough hamberders to keel over with a heart attack. Leave him be then and it'll be the first accomplishment of your miserable little life and you'll finally have something to feel PROUD about.

◊◊◊◊ you.
[/shemp]

1776284402691.gif
 
Last edited:
The Defense Forces of Ukraine struck a number of important targets in Russia and in temporarily occupied territories yesterday and during the night of April 16.

This was reported by the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine on Facebook, Ukrinform says.

In particular, Ukrainian forces hit the Tuapse oil refinery in Russia’s Krasnodar Krai. The facility processes up to 12 million tons of oil per year and is actively used to supply Russian military.

Other enemy targets that were struck include:

a concentration area of the tactical group of the 15th Separate Coastal Missile Brigade Bastion of the Russian Black Sea Fleet in temporarily occupied Sevastopol (Crimea);
a Buk-M2 surface-to-air missile system in occupied Bahatovka, Zaporizhzhia region;
a Pantsir anti-aircraft missile-gun system in occupied Feodosia (Crimea);
an Osa air defense system in occupied Vodiane, Donetsk region;
drone command posts nearVerbove (Zaporizhzhia region) and Hola Prystan (Kherson region);
Russian personnel positions near Rodynske and Zatyshne (Donetsk region);
a command post near Rivnopillia (Donetsk region).

 

The Czech Republic demanded an explanation after Russia’s Defense Ministry published a list of companies it claimed are helping produce attack drones for Ukraine and bellicose former Russian President Dmitry Medvedev called it “a list of potential targets” for the Russian military.
 
The Czech Republic demanded an explanation after Russia’s Defense Ministry published a list of companies it claimed are helping produce attack drones for Ukraine and bellicose former Russian President Dmitry Medvedev called it “a list of potential targets” for the Russian military.
I mean, the explanation is pretty obvious to me: All the components of Ukraine's drone supply chain are legitimate targets.

I'm actually more interested in the Czechs explaining why they're demanding an explanation from Medvedev. We all know it's empty bluster with no followup. We all know if Russia were going to escalate over NATO's material support of Ukraine, they would have already. Pretending to take one of Moscow's "red lines" seriously is almost as embarrassing as Moscow coming up with yet another comical red line for the rest of the world to safely ignore.
 
Years ago I read a science fiction book, Heinlein's Space Cadet I think, where they talk about some "old" tech still being perfect for it's intended use - in this case, pencils and notebooks in space.

I think of that when I read about multi-million dollar patriot missiles taking out $50000 Shaheds in the Middle-East.
While Ukrainians do this -
 
Years ago I read a science fiction book, Heinlein's Space Cadet I think, where they talk about some "old" tech still being perfect for it's intended use - in this case, pencils and notebooks in space.

I think of that when I read about multi-million dollar patriot missiles taking out $50000 Shaheds in the Middle-East.
While Ukrainians do this -
Ultimate Skeet shooting! Freakin' brilliant!
 
Years ago I read a science fiction book, Heinlein's Space Cadet I think, where they talk about some "old" tech still being perfect for it's intended use - in this case, pencils and notebooks in space.

I think of that when I read about multi-million dollar patriot missiles taking out $50000 Shaheds in the Middle-East.
While Ukrainians do this -
In a word, awesome.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom