• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Trump's Second Term

Is it just me, or is there an actual shift in how people perceive the MAGA cult? Increasingly I've found myself starting to pity them.....
I guess the big question is... why? Why pity them?

They had access to the same information we did in 2016/2020/2024. Even if you could make a case that they were "hoodwinked" in 2016, by 2020 it should have been obvious just what trump is, and by 2024 they should have known that they were voting for a pro-fascist racist with multiple felony convictions.

The fact that they are learning they were lied to by Trump (something we all knew), and that bigotry does not automatically lead to "making america great" (and can cause even the MAGAchud to suffer) is not something that deserves sympathy. If things had somehow "gone better for them", the MAGAchud would still be goose-stepping behind Trump.
[/QUOTE]
 
NEWSMAX: How long do you think Americans will be willing to pay the higher energy costs?

SEN. ROGER MARSHALL: I think back to my grandparents and their generation that served in World War 2. Could you imagine telling the president, 'You only got so many days to defeat Hitler?'

If you're going to guilt everyone into complying by saying everyone Trump doesn't like is Hitler, maybe you better tell everyone just how many Hitlers Trump can see out there, so they have an idea what they're in for.
 
Not a cult Hassett: "The people who are going to the grocery store right now and seeing that egg prices are almost at an all time low understand that's because of President Trump's policy to control the avian flu ... we have a good inflation story"

Link
 
Hassett on why he thinks the Fed should cuts rates: "If I were a Fed governor, I would be saying that an increase in the oil price that's related to disruption in the Middle East is something that we've seen over and over again, and it doesn't cause an increase in inflation."

Link
 
If Coca Cola jumps, he's about to declare war on Pepsi. It sounds as if the obvious trick is to watch what happens with 10 minutes to go before any Trump announcement and follow suit.
But I thought Trump had negotiated an end to the Cola wars. Wasn't that one of the reasons he deserved a peace prize?
 
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
Europe is desperate for Energy, and yet the United Kingdom refuses to open North Sea Oil, one of the greatest fields in the World. Tragic!!! Aberdeen should be booming. Norway sells its North Sea Oil to the U.K. at double the price. They are making a fortune. U.K., which is better situated on the North Sea for purposes of energy than Norway, should, DRILL, BABY, DRILL!!! It is absolutely crazy that they don't... AND, NO MORE WINDMILLS! President DJT
 
EISEN: Critics say you're just trying to chill free speech, and also chill any negative reporting and criticism of this administration

FCC CHAIR BRENDAN CARR: People that don't like complying with the public interest obligations that come with a license are free to switch over to cable or streaming

Link
 
EISEN: You've used your authority differently to promote coverage you want to see. Is that fair?

FCC CHAIR BRENDAN CARR: Well, licenses aren't sacred cows. There is certainly conduct that broadcasters can engage in -- and maybe they have -- that will result in them losing their licenses

Link
 
Acting AG Todd Blanche on Fox News: "I mean, the rhetoric and the violence going on over the past several months that is mostly coming from leftist extreme groups is a real problem in this country right now"

Link
 
Just for the record, the "Knights Templar International is NOT a Catholic organization. From a Wikipedi article about one of their members,

When you lose that kind of folks you've really gone to far.
Even I, a non-believer since age 15 found it offensive.
Knights Templars International is a James Dowson, a far right protestant supremacist unionist. He became involved with Jamie binLidden's and Willie Feazer's fleg protests outside Belfast City hall in the 2010s and a leading member of their far right pressure group Protestant Coalition, a virulently racist, anti-catholic and misogynistic neo-nazi offshoot from unionism generally. He has rescently sprung up again in Jayda Franzen's Christian Nationalist Party.

 
Hassett on why he thinks the Fed should cuts rates: "If I were a Fed governor, I would be saying that an increase in the oil price that's related to disruption in the Middle East is something that we've seen over and over again, and it doesn't cause an increase in inflation."
You don't think price increases affect inflation. Thanks for that useful insight.
 
Hassett on why he thinks the Fed should cuts rates: "If I were a Fed governor, I would be saying that an increase in the oil price that's related to disruption in the Middle East is something that we've seen over and over again, and it doesn't cause an increase in inflation."
You don't think price increases affect inflation. Thanks for that useful insight.
Well, its not like Hassett is in a position to influence the government on issues of the economy. He is only (consults Wikipedia) director of the national economic council, and a potential replacement for federal reserve chair Powell in 2026.
 
EISEN: Critics say you're just trying to chill free speech, and also chill any negative reporting and criticism of this administration

FCC CHAIR BRENDAN CARR: People that don't like complying with the public interest obligations that come with a license are free to switch over to cable or streaming

Link
That's a yes, then !
 
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
Europe is desperate for Energy, and yet the United Kingdom refuses to open North Sea Oil, one of the greatest fields in the World. Tragic!!!
Aberdeen should be booming. Norway sells its North Sea Oil to the U.K. at double the price. They are making a fortune. U.K., which is better situated on the North Sea for purposes of energy than Norway, should, DRILL, BABY, DRILL!!! It is absolutely crazy that they don't... AND, NO MORE WINDMILLS! President DJT

Aberdeen. Where Trump's golf course is located. Where he sued to remove off-shore wind turbines because they "spoiled the view" and lost, prompting his current hatred of wind turbines.
 
On the pity matter, I'm torn. I'm kind of a nice guy and sympathetic and forgiving and all, but I think in this case pity can be many things. I feel (and hope more to feel) pity for the MAGA folks whose idol fell, but it's not the pity of the donor to the needy or the mourner to the widow. More like the pity the fox feels for the flattened hedgehog on the road. Sorry it didn't work out.
 
I guess the big question is... why? Why pity them?
Short answer, because they're pitiful.
They adore their Führer like a demi-god, and yet they can never actually defend him, other than through lies, insults, whataboutisms, and deflections. I have people I look up to or appreciate in my life too, but I can without fail admit to myself and others that they have flaws. Trumpkins, though? They'll dig their heels in and double down more than a 12-year old fangirl defending their pop idol. That juxtaposition has to suck, like, I would've been too embarrassed to go on throwing out whataboutisms before the first day was past, and some of the trumpkins have been at it for 10 years. It's like seeing someone desperately peddle pyramid scheme products for a decade even though they never make a profit and just dig themselves deeper and deeper into a hole of debt and embarrassement. Sure, the trumpkins are doing it for a horrible, horrible cause that threatens the safety and freedom of people both in the US and abroad and will literally have killed millions when all is said and done, and again, I have no intention of forgiving them a second time (I was ready to in 2020), but man... They are also pathetic and pitiful.

Oh, and throwing out that I pity them and think they are pathetic tends to be pretty effective when I have run-ins with them online, so there's that, too.

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
Europe is desperate for Energy, and yet the United Kingdom refuses to open North Sea Oil, one of the greatest fields in the World. Tragic!!! Aberdeen should be booming. Norway sells its North Sea Oil to the U.K. at double the price. They are making a fortune. U.K., which is better situated on the North Sea for purposes of energy than Norway, should, DRILL, BABY, DRILL!!! It is absolutely crazy that they don't... AND, NO MORE WINDMILLS! President DJT
Ouch. Being held up as an example by Donald ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊ Drumpf was physically painful.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom