• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Cont: Musk buys Twitter II

Just wait until April 20, Elon thinks it's the funniest day ever...
Yeah, it's funny the first time, just like March 14 being "Pie (π) Day" is funny the first time. What's even more funny is April 21st being Surprise Mandatory Drug Test Day. All these are hilarious when you're a teenager. To keep harping on them well into middle age is...off.
 
Yeah, it's funny the first time, just like March 14 being "Pie (π) Day" is funny the first time. What's even more funny is April 21st being Surprise Mandatory Drug Test Day. All these are hilarious when you're a teenager. To keep harping on them well into middle age is...off.

I shared my life with several teenage boys a long time ago. They would have loved it, if we weren't Swedes - no 420, only 204, no 314, only 143. May the fourth is fjärde maj. Such a boring country.

(I do celebrate towel day, however.)
 
I am definitely not part of popular culture because I had never heard of 420 until it was raised in this thread.
Same here

Yeah, even if people outside of stoner circles get that the numbers "420" refer to recreational marijuana usage, it's pretty likely that they don't know "why" or it's origins. You're not out of the norm by any means.
Yeah, it's funny the first time, just like March 14 being "Pie (π) Day" is funny the first time. What's even more funny is April 21st being Surprise Mandatory Drug Test Day. All these are hilarious when you're a teenager. To keep harping on them well into middle age is...off.

I'm so ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊ sick of "May the 4th be with you" and "Revenge of the 5th", I'm about to lose my ◊◊◊◊. The 5th of May is Cinco de ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊ Mayo and everything else can eat an enormous sack of dicks. Now, have I ever watched Star Wars? No. Do I want to? No, but I would put this on the same level as 420 in that I know it's popular based on a movie, but I don't know the story of those ◊◊◊◊ ass movies.
Is there anything that every single person in the world knows? No. Obviously.

I feel like to be "in the know" you would have to know more than numbers = weed. Perhaps I'm the odd one out, but I bet you could go up to 50 people outside of a bank and ask, "Do you recognize 420?"

They'd say, "Yes."

"Do you know how it originated and the relevance?" and I would bet a large amount of money the answer would be "no".
 
Last edited:
I feel like to be "in the know" you would have to know more than numbers = weed. Perhaps I'm the odd one out, but I bet you could go up to 50 people outside of a bank and ask, "Do you recognize 420?"

They'd say, "Yes."

"Do you know how it originated and the relevance?" and I would bet a large amount of money the answer would be "no".
I think a majority of stoners wouldn't know the origin or relevance either.
 
I'm so ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊ sick of "May the 4th be with you" and "Revenge of the 5th", I'm about to lose my ◊◊◊◊. The 5th of May is Cinco de ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊ Mayo and everything else can eat an enormous sack of dicks.
I tire of people thinking Cinco de Mayo is the Day of the Dead celebration.
 
I tire of people thinking Cinco de Mayo is the Day of the Dead celebration.
...or Mexican Independence Day.

Is it okay to think it's an aggressive naval slogan from the Spanish-American War?
"Remember the Maine" is the name of a popular cocktail. It's basically a Sazerac with cherry heering added.

Any reason I can get to have tacos and margaritas is good enough for me.
A lot of people in our valley have Latin or Mexican heritage. We have awesome tacos. However, state law limits the size and strength of Margaritas we can sell over the counter, so it's always best to make the Margaritas at home if you like them strong.
 
When you have a negligible number of Mexicans, yeah it's different.

Oh, this is America, Mexico's tophat. We have plenty and it's always been a reason to drink margaritas and eat tacos\nachos. Nothing more, nothing less.

Am I saying that's what it means to Mexico\Mexicans? No, I'll plead ignorance to the overall meaning of the holiday. I just know what it means to my city, and myself.
 
well there's white people mexican food and mexican food

Yes, we absolutely have the former and no where near the latter. We do have a place relatively near us called "Casa Mexico" that's about as close as it gets, but considering most of our community up here tends to think ketchup is a bit spicy, they tone it down quite a bit.
 
Yes, we absolutely have the former and no where near the latter. We do have a place relatively near us called "Casa Mexico" that's about as close as it gets, but considering most of our community up here tends to think ketchup is a bit spicy, they tone it down quite a bit.
Hahaha. You have no idea what white people Mexican food is. :D
 
I'm at least indoctrinated to spicy food because of Bengali, Szechuan, and Thai cuisines, which are common here. But Mexican spicy is different from those.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom