• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Ed Israel/US Attacks Iran /Yet Another Country/Iran

Cotton: Anyone who says that we are already in a quagmire or that president cannot succeed because of the threat that Iran poses to Hormuz is akin to saying Eisenhower is losing because he hadn’t made it to Berlin within two days of D-Day. It will take some time.

Every time Cotton opens his mouth, I expect something ignorant.
 
That took me by surprise. But I found a live casualty tracker on Al Jazeera which agrees:
Another good source that I use for Ukraine as well is liveuamap

 
Look, I've been ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊ on you since the moment I came to power, belittled the genuine effort you all made in Afghanistan, ripped up every deal the US made and brought down international trade unless you paid me personal tribute.
But now that I've gone and started another illegal attack on a country I did not like and it turns out they hit back, you MUST help me!
 
Look, I've been ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊ on you since the moment I came to power, belittled the genuine effort you all made in Afghanistan, ripped up every deal the US made and brought down international trade unless you paid me personal tribute.
But now that I've gone and started another illegal attack on a country I did not like and it turns out they hit back, you MUST help me!
As Belle of the Ranch said, maybe NATO countries "might ... hold back a little"
 
Last edited:
Look, I've been ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊ on you since the moment I came to power, belittled the genuine effort you all made in Afghanistan, ripped up every deal the US made and brought down international trade unless you paid me personal tribute.
But now that I've gone and started another illegal attack on a country I did not like and it turns out they hit back, you MUST help me!
They don't have to help him. If Europe wants to leave Hormuz closed, they can.

But the US is a net exporter of oil. Europe isn't.
 
They don't have to help him. If Europe wants to leave Hormuz closed, they can.

But the US is a net exporter of oil. Europe isn't.
I'm betting European governments already know that and have included it in their decisions. Some European governments appear to have principles that the USA government is devoid of.
 
They don't have to help him. If Europe wants to leave Hormuz closed, they can.

But the US is a net exporter of oil. Europe isn't.
but because Europe is taxing petrol so much the actual price hike is much lower, relatively speaking than in the US - and it's not Europeans who are voting in the Midterms.
It's one Oil Market, unless Trump orders US producers not to sell to anyone but Americans.
 
I'm betting European governments already know that and have included it in their decisions. Some European governments appear to have principles that the USA government is devoid of.
Bwahahahahaha!

No, they don't. They just have different interests. And the interests of those governments (or more accurately, their politicians) frequently don't even align with the interests of their own citizens.

How's Germany's decision to shut down its nuclear reactors looking now?
 
It's one Oil Market, unless Trump orders US producers not to sell to anyone but Americans.
Oil is fungible to an extent, but not perfectly so. Transportation costs differ between supplier/consumer matchups.

But the other aspect is that when oil prices rise, US consumers are hurt, but US producers benefit. That helps offset the pain on the US side. But if you consume a lot more than you produce, you don't have that offset.
 
They don't have to help him. If Europe wants to leave Hormuz closed, they can.

But the US is a net exporter of oil. Europe isn't.

Supply goes down, price goes up. Happy times for US oil companies. Raised prices for consumers worldwide, including US consumers.

Is this the magic bullet that's going to fix the midterms somehow?
 
Oil is fungible to an extent, but not perfectly so. Transportation costs differ between supplier/consumer matchups.

But the other aspect is that when oil prices rise, US consumers are hurt, but US producers benefit. That helps offset the pain on the US side. But if you consume a lot more than you produce, you don't have that offset.
do you think Trump cares about anything but the Midterms?
 
Bwahahahahaha!

No, they don't. They just have different interests. And the interests of those governments (or more accurately, their politicians) frequently don't even align with the interests of their own citizens.

How's Germany's decision to shut down its nuclear reactors looking now?

Maybe the Rep's campaign slogan can be "We're not inflicting as much pain on you as we are on everyone else".
Or perhaps "Sure, it hurts, but look at the oil executives. Don't they look happy?"
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom