• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Ed Israel/US Attacks Iran /Yet Another Country/Iran

I dipped my toes back into the Belle of the Ranch channel a few days ago to hear her thoughts about the attack. Someone in the comments declared that defensive pre-emptive attacks didn't exist and that if you strike first you're automatically the aggressor (another commenter made up that they're even illegal, and among the worst crimes you could commit against international law). I naively posted a simple reply explaining that yes, defensive pre-emptive attacks are definitely a thing and even legal if you're defending yourself against imminent threat.

I was faced down by a stream of angry people who decided that I must be supporting the attack on Iran, telling me to stop lying, cut the BS, that I was an American brainwashed by American propaganda to support the attack, etc. After these replies kept coming, I eventually edited my post to break it down into crayons that yes, international law does indeed allow for pre-emptive attacks and that they could've checked this for themselves on Google and that it'd have taken them all of two seconds; that I wasn't even talking about Iran but responding to the OP's claim that defensive pre-emptive attacks as a concept wasn't even a thing; and that I don't support the attack on Iran, nor am I a Drumpf supporter or even American. The replies stopped coming then. At least there was another poster there who was as exasperated as I was about the replies I was getting.

Belle herself has some good content, but this exchange reminded me why I ended up leaving.
Ah.

You commented on a YouTube video.

That was probably your first mistake
 
Israeli terrorism.
Whilst Israel as a state is supporting terrorism, the ethos is a particular form of fundamentalist Jewish belief. These are Jewish terrorists. The vast majority of Jews are not terrorists, but a few are. I wouldn't call them zionist terrorists, because whilst they may be inspired by zionism. they are more fundamentalist in their religious beliefs. Some are not Israeli citizens, I am content with Jewish terrorists.
 
I dipped my toes back into the Belle of the Ranch channel a few days ago to hear her thoughts about the attack. Someone in the comments declared that defensive pre-emptive attacks didn't exist and that if you strike first you're automatically the aggressor (another commenter made up that they're even illegal, and among the worst crimes you could commit against international law). I naively posted a simple reply explaining that yes, defensive pre-emptive attacks are definitely a thing and even legal if you're defending yourself against imminent threat.

I was faced down by a stream of angry people who decided that I must be supporting the attack on Iran, telling me to stop lying, cut the BS, that I was an American brainwashed by American propaganda to support the attack, etc. After these replies kept coming, I eventually edited my post to break it down into crayons that yes, international law does indeed allow for pre-emptive attacks and that they could've checked this for themselves on Google and that it'd have taken them all of two seconds; that I wasn't even talking about Iran but responding to the OP's claim that defensive pre-emptive attacks as a concept wasn't even a thing; and that I don't support the attack on Iran, nor am I a Drumpf supporter or even American. The replies stopped coming then. At least there was another poster there who was as exasperated as I was about the replies I was getting.

Belle herself has some good content, but this exchange reminded me why I ended up leaving.
I think you are correct, if the threat is immediate, you can justify a pre-emptive strike. If your concern is Iran developing a nuclear bomb, and you have previously announced that on the basis of your previous pre-emptive strike during peace talks that Iran is years from achieving a bomb then justification is difficult
 
Now this totally not politically correct warfare Kegstand keeps talking about . . . is it taking out non-combatants like Khamenei's extended family: Daughter, grandkid, son-in-law, daughter-in-law, wife . . . is that it?
 
No you're just in denial about what the majority of the planet thinks of you.
I think you're confusing the majority of the planet with the majority of left-wing lunatics on social media. But in the remote chance that you are right, then the majority of the planet can ◊◊◊◊ off.
 
Last edited:
Every American I have personally known has been delightful. I love jazz and root beer. There's some wonderful landscapes and fantastic barbecue. I don't hate America. I don't even hate Americans. What I hate is what Trump and his billionaire oligarch friends are, and have been, doing with it.
 
The FIFA World Cup is starting in a few months and Iran had qualified for it. Will they still send a team or will they boycott it because of the actions of the FIFA Peace Prize Winner?
 
I understand the desperate need of political leaders globally to anything they can agree on with Trump, and for Germany to side with Israel is just an instinctive reaction.

Europeans could make the case that Iran was allied with Russia and provided it with drones against Ukraine, making it part of that fight.

But in the end, it's a war that was started for no good reason and that will cost lives and untold amounts of money and trigger a wave of terrorist attacks.
It's as if no one remembers 9/11.
 
Is Israel still in a State of Emergency?
Keeping that up for four weeks would wipe out what is left of the economy.
 

According to reports, Iran has damaged/destroyed a second THAAD battery, the key factor in intercepting ballistic missiles.

There are only a handful of these operational globally, and they each cost more than a billion and are hard to replace.

US security and that of its alliance has been seriously degraded for no benefit in return.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom