• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Merged 2026 Mid-Term election outcomes: US Congress

2026 Mid-Term Election Outcome: US Congress

  • Republicans retain control of House and Senate

    Votes: 8 12.7%
  • Republican House, Democrat Senate

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Democrat House, Republican Senate

    Votes: 21 33.3%
  • Democrat House and Senate

    Votes: 25 39.7%
  • On Planet X, Greens take house and senate

    Votes: 7 11.1%

  • Total voters
    63
Umm... he never claimed that Adams WOULD win the nomination, or even that he would be the most likely (he said he would be in the "top 5". )

Which is why I used the term “viable” instead of “most likely”.

He also made that prediction in 2022... before it was known that Biden would 1) run for re-election, and then 2) withdraw from the race.

I’m aware of when he made the prediction, just like I’m sure you’re aware that it was spectacularly silly and wrong.
 
Bump!
Because I've been seeing speculation on other threads that Trump would cancel the elections. Ain't gonna happen. Why?
Simple. Authoritarian dictatorships, other than military ones, always have elections.
The Soviet Union had elections. Nazi Germany had elections. Heck, Nicolas Maduro was recently re-elected.
They just don't have legitimate elections. That's where we're headed.
What we'll see this fall is the Republican playbook we've had for some time, plus a little more.
More gerrymandering. More voter suppression, possibly including ICE thugs at polling places in districts they don't like.
There will be many, many, claims of fraud. There will be lawsuits, some of which may find friendly judges. Even if they don't, they'll contribute to FUD.
Republican legislatures will be encouraged to decertify elections. House Republicans will likely refuse to seat Dem winners of close races, especially if there's an active lawsuit, even if in appeals. The Senate will be trickier, but the R's will prevail somehow.
Actually arresting Democrat candidates and even sitting legislators will probably wait until 2028.
 
Bump!
Because I've been seeing speculation on other threads that Trump would cancel the elections. Ain't gonna happen. Why?
Simple. Authoritarian dictatorships, other than military ones, always have elections.
The Soviet Union had elections. Nazi Germany had elections. Heck, Nicolas Maduro was recently re-elected.
They just don't have legitimate elections. That's where we're headed.
What we'll see this fall is the Republican playbook we've had for some time, plus a little more.
More gerrymandering. More voter suppression, possibly including ICE thugs at polling places in districts they don't like.
There will be many, many, claims of fraud. There will be lawsuits, some of which may find friendly judges. Even if they don't, they'll contribute to FUD.
Republican legislatures will be encouraged to decertify elections. House Republicans will likely refuse to seat Dem winners of close races, especially if there's an active lawsuit, even if in appeals. The Senate will be trickier, but the R's will prevail somehow.
Actually arresting Democrat candidates and even sitting legislators will probably wait until 2028.
This. The US voting systems were designed by people of good will FOR honest people of good will.

But with the Trump admin, it will be like Donny's golf game: blatant fudging, cheating and lying in public where everyone can see the corruption, in order to say they won. In many cases, GOP candidates will "win" elections that will not even be held.
 
Thank you, Trebuchet, for starting this thread.

Hopefully I don't get dinged for posting this in multiple threads, but I wonder if the recent election in Texas where Democratic candidate Taylor Rehmet defeated Republican Leigh Wambsganss will be the scrimmage game for the fat clown and his maga weirdoes to investigate wrongdoing in the midterms?

Of course, my stupid, fellow republicans are already making excuses:


Republican lawmakers says icy weather hurt GOP turnout in Texas election

Texas Republican Rep. Pete Sessions is blaming a winter storm for his party's loss in a special election that flipped a North Texas state Senate seat to Democrats...
(SNIP)


What a bunch of YEE haws!
 
Last edited:
Thank you, Trebuchet, for starting this thread.

Hopefully I don't get dinged for posting this in multiple threads, but I wonder if the recent election in Texas where Democratic candidate Taylor Rehmet defeated Republican Leigh Wambsganss will be the scrimmage game for the fat clown and his maga weirdoes to investigate wrongdoing in the midterms?

Of course, my stupid, fellow republicans are already making excuses:


Republican lawmakers says icy weather hurt GOP turnout in Texas election


(SNIP)


What a bunch of YEE haws!
How did a storm discriminate against the GOP but in favour of the Democrats? Is weather going commie now?
 
How did a storm discriminate against the GOP but in favour of the Democrats? Is weather going commie now?
I think it could be argued that poor weather favors the party with more motivated voters.

Democrats (and frankly, anyone who's halfways intelligent) really hate Trump and will be more eager to brave bad weather. The MAGAchud are happy seeing minorities and others shot in the back, but it might not be worth it to them to brave the elements just to vote for your local representative.

On the other hand, if it were a general election, you really want to vote for the president to show your worship of Trump, which helps republicans down-ticket too.

(It doesn't totally explain why Republicans are losing so much lately, but it may be a factor.)
 
I think it could be argued that poor weather favors the party with more motivated voters.

Democrats (and frankly, anyone who's halfways intelligent) really hate Trump and will be more eager to brave bad weather. The MAGAchud are happy seeing minorities and others shot in the back, but it might not be worth it to them to brave the elements just to vote for your local representative.

On the other hand, if it were a general election, you really want to vote for the president to show your worship of Trump, which helps republicans down-ticket too.

(It doesn't totally explain why Republicans are losing so much lately, but it may be a factor.)

Plus, the maga weirdoes were probably so stupid (and also bought into the fat clown's lies) that they didn't think for a minute a dem had a chance in hell, unless of course, hell did freeze over... oh wait, it did.
 
Last edited:
This. The US voting systems were designed by people of good will FOR honest people of good will.
But with the Trump admin, it will be like Donny's golf game: blatant fudging, cheating and lying in public where everyone can see the corruption, in order to say they won. In many cases, GOP candidates will "win" elections that will not even be held.
And that. The people who will gravely intone that their only purpose is to ensure that the voters can have trust in the democratic process have as their actual aim the destruction of that trust, because they do not, fundamentally, believe in democracy as a process. The basic idea behind democracy is to allow the people to determine the policies under which they will live by choosing between the officials who propose and then will implement their policies; but the GOP is coming more and more to be dominated by people who believe that their policies entitle them to rule, and whether the voting process was trustworthy or not is only defined by whether they won or lost by it.
 
Thank you, Trebuchet, for starting this thread.

Hopefully I don't get dinged for posting this in multiple threads, but I wonder if the recent election in Texas where Democratic candidate Taylor Rehmet defeated Republican Leigh Wambsganss will be the scrimmage game for the fat clown and his maga weirdoes to investigate wrongdoing in the midterms?

Of course, my stupid, fellow republicans are already making excuses:


Republican lawmakers says icy weather hurt GOP turnout in Texas election


(SNIP)


What a bunch of YEE haws!
Democratic voters tend to be more urban, Republicans more rural. The district is donut shaped, surrounding central Houston.
If only those R's who didn't make it to the polls could have voted by mail....
 
I don;t think it will be quite as easy to steal an election as some here beleive.
I have to laugh at the bad weather excuse a GOP congressmen made about that huge upset in Texas. Given that 14 point difference, I think the weather was a minor point. GOP simply had a bad MAGA candidate . And it is a sign that a numer of Republicans..not office holders,,are waking up to fact that Trump and MAGA are bad news.
And,no, I don't think all republicans are stupid or evil, which seems to be a popular opinion around here.
 
I don;t think it will be quite as easy to steal an election as some here beleive.
I have to laugh at the bad weather excuse a GOP congressmen made about that huge upset in Texas. Given that 14 point difference, I think the weather was a minor point. GOP simply had a bad MAGA candidate . And it is a sign that a numer of Republicans..not office holders,,are waking up to fact that Trump and MAGA are bad news.
And,no, I don't think all republicans are stupid or evil, which seems to be a popular opinion around here.
There was an ice storm about a week before the election, but by the time it was held the roads were absolutely fine (I've lived in Dallas for about a year now). If a bit of cold caused MAGA to stay home, then I guess they're the snowflakes.

No I think it was a few factors, bad candidate for the GOP. And an energized populace on the left. Turnout was well under half of the 2022 regular election.
 
Well, one of the maga weirdoes in one of the fox entertainment forums did mention that democrats will beat republicans in red states when hell freezes over so...
They have exactly the same one-eyed, unthinking, generational tribal affiliation to destructive political policies as the Taliban has to theirs. Deviation is heresy.
 
There was an ice storm about a week before the election, but by the time it was held the roads were absolutely fine (I've lived in Dallas for about a year now). If a bit of cold caused MAGA to stay home, then I guess they're the snowflakes.

No I think it was a few factors, bad candidate for the GOP. And an energized populace on the left. Turnout was well under half of the 2022 regular election.
Thing is that district was solid red.That is why a Dem getting elected got so much attention
IMHO a lot of GOP voters chose to vote blue this time.
 
Thing is that district was solid red.That is why a Dem getting elected got so much attention
IMHO a lot of GOP voters chose to vote blue this time.
Sorry, but I doubt it, maybe a few. Likely, the turnout was better for the dems than than the GOP. But, if the dems really get out the vote, and the GOP is kinda, meh, in November it will be easily enough to take the House back.

Remember I live one county east from that district, I have a decent pulse on the politics of north Texas.
 
Sorry, but I doubt it, maybe a few. Likely, the turnout was better for the dems than than the GOP. But, if the dems really get out the vote, and the GOP is kinda, meh, in November it will be easily enough to take the House back.

Remember I live one county east from that district, I have a decent pulse on the politics of north Texas.

That may be so, but there is this:

WASHINGTON, Feb 1 (Reuters) - A Democratic candidate won a special election for the Texas state senate by a double-digit margin, taking control from Republicans for the first time in decades in a result the losing candidate on Sunday called "a wake-up call" for the midterm elections.
The victory for a seat vacated by a four-term Republican followed a string of wins in recent months for the Democratic Party in local and state elections across the country, offering hope for national Democrats looking to claw back power later this year...
(SNIP)

FROM: Texas Democrat's win a 'wake-up call' for Republicans ahead of 2026 elections
 
Last edited:

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom