• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Transwomen are not Women - Part 15

"Transwoman" isn't a medical term. It never has been.
It's a loose term, and always has been. Since it's used by literally every medical community in their literature, it passes for universally acknowledged usage within the medical fields. Their ain't no Journals calling them TIMs with a little giggle.
 
It's a loose term, and always has been. Since it's used by literally every medical community in their literature, it passes for universally acknowledged usage within the medical fields. Their ain't no Journals calling them TIMs with a little giggle.
You have to insert stuff like this in your accusations because without these embelishments (ie, fabrications), if you just describe what's actually happening factually, it might not sound so bad. And you don't want that.
 
So? You value their opinion about the offensiveness of terms. Why are they irrelevant when we're talking about other issues that they weigh in on?
For the same goddamned reason I keep repeating to you.

Thermal: "I think we should introduce strict segregation in areas where nudity might be expected"

Y'all: "Oh you TRAs are so perverted with your advocacy that men should be allowed in the girls showers"
 
You have to insert stuff like this in your accusations because without these embelishments (ie, fabrications), if you just describe what's actually happening factually, it might not sound so bad. And you don't want that.
Dude, you ain't stupid. You know damn right well the terms were reverse engineered to make those acronyms. If it wasn't the intent, they would have chosen terms that added clarity, rather than muddying further.
 
What, they can't even change it?

That would give a field day to any therapist or counsellor as the whole concept is that you can change your gender.

if kids are being told they have to stick to the gender they expressed then it's just the same thing all over again.
You really excel at misunderstanding things.
 
Again, you pretend that females generally share your own values despite knowing that they've done more than anyone else to push gender-inclusive policies forward by electing political parties which prioritize empathy over systemization.
And blacks were significantly responsible for the trans-Atlantic slave trade as well, because those black slaves were kidnapped and sold into slavery by other blacks.

The participation of blacks didn't make the institution any less racist.
Females who do not share your values will (of course) happily patronize trans-inclusive businesses rather than throwing their hands up in despair.
Will they? I'm not convinced. I'm reminded of the Hobby Lobby boycott efforts from a few years back. Most of the proponents of the boycott were never customers to begin with. There's a strong class component to the trans movement support. Wealthy women don't tend to have to spend a lot of time in the Target bathrooms.
 
People are separating sex and gender without realizing, whilst they're arguing the opposite, I'm just pointing it out.
While I'm sure I sometimes fail, I do try very hard to use the terms "gender identity" or "gender role" or "gender expression". The term gender by itself as a noun rather than a modifier of a noun is of no relevance to this discussion. Gender by itself is either synonymous with sex (as when speaking about filling out forms or when labeling restrooms etc.) or it's a linguistic concept associated with the notional sex of non-sexed objects (like ships being female, etc.).
 
The term transwoman is free of any perticular ideology.
No it isn't. The term is not neutral, and it's intended to imply to the listener that the person under discussion is just a different type of "woman". In fact, that's one of the most prevalent lines of argument - that a "trans woman" is just like any other "woman", just like "black woman" and "tall woman" and "blonde woman", and trans is just an adjective that describes a particular type of "woman". It INTENTIONALLY tries to appropriate the word "woman" to include males.

It is absolutely, 100% deeply steeped in ideology, and in the belief that males with transgender identities are actually for realsies "women" just like any other female of the human species.

That's the entire reason that so many of us object to the term and refuse to use it as much as we reasonably can.
 
This is why you are the thread's most annoying poster.
If I am annoying you, I will wear that as a badge of honour

You dont even read your own citations.
Yeah, I do!
From your link:

"Prince also helped popularize the term 'transgender', and erroneously asserted that she coined "transgenderist" and "transgenderism""
Yeah, that's I what said.

YOUR claim was that the term originated as science terminolology...

"Science labeled them first, and with short terms."
This is emphatically and provably WRONG.

Additionally, there is nothing in the link that supports your bull-◊◊◊◊ claim

That's what I said, scooter.
No, it isn't.

After all this time, you genuinely still can't wrap your head around the fact that 'transwoman' does not mean literary turned into a female, can you?
After all this time, you genuinely still can't wrap your head around the fact that no-one here is claiming 'transwoman' means literary turned into a female, can you?

Do you understand the concept of a false or incorrect label?

A clothes horse is not an actual horse
A lathe dog is not an actual dog
A trans woman is not an actual woman
 
We don't call them "women". If that were the argument, I'd agree with you. As I've told you multiple times, I agree with the thread title's position, with the caveat that I will generally treat them as women until sex becomes an overreaching concern (changing rooms, sports, prisons, etc).

I know this doesn't meet with much agreement here, but I read 'transwomen' as explicitly reading 'not women'.
Great. But you know who DOESN't read it as "not women"? Males who have transgender identities. THEY don't read it as "not women". THEY read it - and completely intend it - as "just another type of woman".

So if you are of the opinion that "transwomen" are not women, but are in fact a type of man who happens to have a transgender identity, then you are just as offensive to people with transgender identities as we are. Welcome to the club.
 
As a 6'4" tall man, I have to bend over considerably to do dishes, I can't do them with a remotely straight back, which is indeed tiring. Not sure a step would really help you much.
Bending gets irksome, sure. My 6'2" spouse gets tired too. The difference, at least for me, is *where* I'm bending. I assume that when you're bending to do the dishes, you're essentially bending at the waist, correct? And that can get tiring, especially for those of us who are out of shape (not suggesting you are, I have no idea). But when I'm doing dishes, I can't bend at the waist, because my waist is six inches below counter height. I'm forced to bend mid-sternum.
 
Constantly? Making a point of saying do either every interaction? Yeah, that would be fairly rubbing in the face and mean-spirited. A neutral observer might suggest a less judgemental moniker
:rolleyes: What do you propose should be used as a non-offensive term when the entire topic of conversation is different age groups?
 
Dude, you ain't stupid. You know damn right well the terms were reverse engineered to make those acronyms. If it wasn't the intent, they would have chosen terms that added clarity, rather than muddying further.
Have you noticed that most of us usually spell out the entire term, rather than using the abbreviation? Do you understand why we do that?
 
Will they? I'm not convinced. I'm reminded of the Hobby Lobby boycott efforts from a few years back. Most of the proponents of the boycott were never customers to begin with. There's a strong class component to the trans movement support. Wealthy women don't tend to have to spend a lot of time in the Target bathrooms.
It's also why sports gets so much more traction than prisons or rape shelters. Wealthy females play sports, or have female children who play sports... they don't have exposure to prisons or rape shelters, and probably don't associate with anyone who does.
 
Yeah, that's I what said.
You said that Price "coined the term" 'transgenderal', which your own source says nothing about.
YOUR claim was that the term originated as science terminolology...
I'm not trying to find it's originator. Likely, multiple people 'invented' it independently and more or less simultaneously. That does not change the fact that it was in common use in the medical literature many years before entering lay speech courtesy of the www.
Additionally, there is nothing in the link that supports your bull-◊◊◊◊ claim
And not a goddamned word that supports yours, either. There is not a word about Price "coining" a single word, except to say he HADN'T. But don't let that slow you down!
No, it isn't.


After all this time, you genuinely still can't wrap your head around the fact that no-one here is claiming 'transwoman' means literary turned into a female, can you?

Do you understand the concept of a false or incorrect label?

A clothes horse is not an actual horse
A lathe dog is not an actual dog
A trans woman is not an actual woman
Yes, we are in agreement. So why in the ever loving ◊◊◊◊ do you keep arguing about that?
 
Any. Reader. In. This. Website. can see the bashing.
...only if they are viewing it through YOUR glasses!

You use their lingo, you wear their colors. Ever hear thd one about how many nazis are sitting at a table when there's four of them, and you join them?
MikeGodwin-Award.png
 
You said that Price "coined the term" 'transgenderal', which your own source says nothing about.
The link was simply to help people like you, who would have never heard of him

I'm not trying to find it's originator.
You claimed the term was originally a science term... these are YOUR WORDS!!

...Science labeled them first, and with short terms.
Are you now walking back that claim ?

Likely, multiple people 'invented' it independently and more or less simultaneously. That does not change the fact that it was in common use in the medical literature many years before entering lay speech courtesy of the www.
No, it wasn't. This is more of your entirely made up bull-◊◊◊◊.

And not a goddamned word that supports yours, either. There is not a word about Price "coining" a single word, except to say he HADN'T. But don't let that slow
See above...
 
The participation of blacks didn't make the institution any less racist.
I'd be rather surprised to learn that African slavers justified enslaving and selling their fellow Africans using racial theories of white supremacy, as the Europeans did. Not going to pursue this analogy any further, for obvious reasons.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom