• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

A Revolution Could Soon Be Under Way in Iran

Donald J. Trump
@realDonald Trump
Iranian Patriots, KEEP PROTESTING - TAKE OVER YOUR INSTITUTIONS!!! Save the names of the killers and abusers. They will pay a big price. I have cancelled all meetings with Iranian Officials until the senseless killing of protesters STOPS. HELP IS ON ITS WAY. MIGA!!! PRESIDENT DONALD J. TRUMP
 
Iran already considers these legitimate targets anyway.
Agreed, ,but so far Iran has restraiend it's Proxy groups from direct attacks. That might change.
And Trump's blustering will not deter Iran.]
You might have two governments headed for a collison because both think it might distract from internal problems.
 
Donald J. Trump
@realDonald Trump
Iranian Patriots, KEEP PROTESTING - TAKE OVER YOUR INSTITUTIONS!!! Save the names of the killers and abusers. They will pay a big price. I have cancelled all meetings with Iranian Officials until the senseless killing of protesters STOPS. HELP IS ON ITS WAY. MIGA!!! PRESIDENT DONALD J. TRUMP
The protesters just need to hang on for about - two weeks.
 
I wonder how much the demonstrations in Iran scare Dump and his cronies. Deep down they know they could lose control of the population like they did in 2020, and Iran (and for that matter 2020) is a reminder that brutality is far from guaranteed to stop demonstrations.
 
I'm sure the people of Minnesota will be happy for your contributions.
This rhetoric is old and boring. Trump is unpleasant in all kinds of ways, and I get that you hate republicans. But typing this as if the US government is as bad as a woman-hating oppressive tyrannical theocracy is so far beyond disingenuous that I don't have proper words for it. It's just plain dumb and wrong.
 
This rhetoric is old and boring. Trump is unpleasant in all kinds of ways, and I get that you hate republicans. But typing this as if the US government is as bad as a woman-hating oppressive tyrannical theocracy is so far beyond disingenuous that I don't have proper words for it. It's just plain dumb and wrong.
You haven't been following events have you?

Donald says
"FEAR NOT, GREAT PEOPLE OF MINNESOTA, THE DAY OF RECKONING & RETRIBUTION IS COMING!"

Bovino on the officer who killed Renee Good: "Hats off to that ICE agent" and characterizes protesters as "almost like cannon fodder"
 
Last edited:
Current Polymarket probabilities:

US strikes Iran by June 30: 79%
Khamenei out as supreme leader in 2026: 64%
 
This rhetoric is old and boring. Trump is unpleasant in all kinds of ways, and I get that you hate republicans. But typing this as if the US government is as bad as a woman-hating oppressive tyrannical theocracy is so far beyond disingenuous that I don't have proper words for it. It's just plain dumb and wrong.
Honestly, it’s all I could be bothered with to the suggestion of let’s just send guns. I think after Afghanistan, Iraq and Libya people would not assume that rolling the dice on civil war is the best or most noble option.

As for “woman-hating”, that’s ironic given the comparison.
 
German news is reporting that more than 2,000 protesters have been killed. Trump will have to do something now.
 
What is grimly amusing is that the start of this thread was of smartcooky expressing bewilderment (feigned or otherwise) that Mohammad Reza Pahlavim [sic] was considered a puppet of the US government following his US-backed coup in 1953 removing Mossadegh from being prime minister....
Leading up to 1979, leftist groups consisting of trade unions members, university students and left-wing progressives allied with Islamist factions to overthrow Mohammad Reza Pahlavim the Shah of Iran. This came to be known as the "unholy alliance" and with good reason. The groups were mainly drawn together due to a shared opposition to the Shah's rule, his pro-Western policies, and the misguided perception that Iran was under foreign domination. At the core of this alliance was anti-Western and anti-imperialist belief systems The leftists viewed the Shah as a puppet of the US government, and they saw Ayatollah Khomeini's position as compatible with their own.
And yet, here we are looking at an actual foreign intervention being planned right out in the open to overthrow the current regime and install, Reza Pahlavi.

Current Polymarket probabilities:

US strikes Iran by June 30: 79%
Khamenei out as supreme leader in 2026: 64%
Will this be the ◊◊◊◊ around stage?
This was the "◊◊◊◊ Around" stage....

Then in 1979, came the "Find Out" stage - the Revolution took place, and its aftermath was utterly brutal.
I have to wonder what people really want here.

Do people want a democratic republic Iran? A constitutional monarchy? A decapitated regime where the Supreme Leader is removed and the Revolutionary Guard switch their allegiance to Trump, continue to repress the population while putting the oil in the hands of US companies? Or a broken up state of various different ethnic groups? Or perhaps a long and protracted civil war?

I guess we will eventually FIND OUT.
 
Why? What business is it of his?
Well, he said he would do something, and he urged protesters to go out on the streets saying that help was on the way.

So, from that perspective, if he does nothing but urge protesters to attack the heavily armed goons of the Revolutionary Guard and the Basij, then he is somewhat morally culpable for giving them false hope. And the same goes for Pahlavi.
 
At the moment is that we don't know what is happening on the ground. The 2000 dead figure is from HRANA plus Reuters had reported an unverified "official" claiming 2000 dead, others are claiming it is 12,000. Whichever figure it is it is higher than the direct death toll in the revolution that installed the current regime.

ETA: I had a notification flash up as I was about to hit Post reply, HRANA is claiming the death toll is now over 2,500.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom