Guybrush Threepwood
Trainee Pirate
I know, I remember the Black and White Minstrels, I just thought blacking up for radio was funny.
I know, I remember the Black and White Minstrels, I just thought blacking up for radio was funny.
And Terry Wogan took the piss out of by doing juggling on the radio. Or so he claimed - I don't believe he managed to juggle seven balls successfully.Do you remember Archie Andrews and Roger Brough? A radio ventriloquist! (a little before my time but I ended up with an Archie Andrews Annual, which was a huge hardback tome and had some really good stuff. Including science experiments. In it.
Wasn't juggling balls one of his Janet and John stories?And Terry Wogan took the piss out of by doing juggling on the radio. Or so he claimed - I don't believe he managed to juggle seven balls successfully.![]()
Even if you ignore the racism, it was still awful.I was born in 71 & I remember it being on the telly (during the daytime iirc, so probably reruns.
I weep.More from Carol Cadwalladr on Russian interference in UK politics
![]()
The cleavage shot no UK tabloid will print
Want to understand how deeply weird the British press is on the subject of Russian interference? I have a bikini shot to show you...open.substack.com
Surprisingly it won a Golden Rose of Montreux in the 60s for best light entertainment show and was sold to over 30 countries. Lenny Henry started his tv career on it.Even if you ignore the racism, it was still awful.
Even if you ignore the racism, it was still awful.
"She come to me in tears"It's always the ones you most expect.
Michael Fabricant
@Mike_Fabricant
Reform MP, Sarah Pochin, was clumsy in her wording, but I know what she means.
82% of Brits are white, 9% are Asian, and 4% are black.
But well over half of advertisements and some tv shows do not reflect this and suggest Britain is predominantly non white.
Does it matter?
video/1
The Home Office has "squandered" billions of pounds of taxpayers' money on asylum accommodation, according to a report by a committee of MPs.
The Home Affairs Committee said "flawed contracts" and "incompetent delivery" left the department unable to cope with a surge in demand and it relied on hotels as "go-to solutions" instead of temporary stop-gaps.
The MPs said expected costs had tripled to more than £15bn and not enough had been done to recoup excess profits.
The report said the contracts drawn up for accommodation providers under the Conservatives had been flawed and that "inadequate oversight" had meant failings went "unnoticed and unaddressed".
"The government has only just started looking at claiming back those profits, auditing the accounts to see what is due back to the taxpayer," Dame Karen said.
Tom Tugendhat
@TomTugendhat
How am I out of pocket when I feed my kids? Isn't feeding my children the basic purpose of a parent?
Sure, some need help, but for most of us, feeding our kids is our responsibility.
The report said the contracts drawn up for accommodation providers under the Conservatives had been flawed and that "inadequate oversight" had meant failings went "unnoticed and unaddressed".
The Tory position in a nutshell.Tom isn't keen on the government's school breakfast clubs.Tom Tugendhat
@TomTugendhat
How am I out of pocket when I feed my kids? Isn't feeding my children the basic purpose of a parent?
Sure, some need help, but for most of us, feeding our kids is our responsibility.
Hmmmm, I think he may be on to something there.Danny Wallace
@dannywallace
Not sure what the play is here from @reformparty_uk regarding having more white people in ads, if that's today's concern?
How will you do it? Go brand to brand? Enforce "white" rules on stations? Boycott Premier Inn until they fire Lenny Henry? Or is it just your usual bollocks?
Well they still get to do their hilarious comedy accentsI just thought blacking up for radio was funny.
A brilliant drunk Glasweigan? a hilarious black man 'See you Jimmy, where am that watty-melon'.Well they still get to do their hilarious comedy accents
/s
Cllr David Thomas
@cllr_thomas
Unsurprisingly, this is what happened to our campaign office in Caerphilly.
We’ve cleaned up and installed cameras, we won’t be intimidated.
What’s remarkable is that Welsh media ran the story, but ignored the hateful rhetoric aimed at us.
“Now you can **** off home.”
And we’re the ones they call racist and divisive?
Just shows you exactly what the Welsh media is really all about.
The Welsh media anti Reform attacks continue.
![]()
I always advised my kids to take their school meals at that nice little bistro down the road and put it on expenses. My top tip was always ask nicely that the wine isn't itemised on the bill.Tom isn't keen on the government's school breakfast clubs.
Just a reminder, in the year 2019/20 Tom claimed £228,358.87 in MPs expenses.
The graffiti is in English so the visitors could read it. That's quite considerate really.It seems that Councillor Thomas thinks Reform is a race now.