Vixen
Penultimate Amazing
The lesson I have learnt from the Lindy Chamberlain case is to be wary of PR campaigns. Hers was one of the earliest. I bought her book, fully believed the hype. But then one day I saw the prosecution case (=fanatical 7th Day Adventists, who take the Bible literally, conceived a daughter, named her Azaria, as close to the Old Testament story, to literally sacrifice her in the desert, as in same). Obviously, only Lindy (and Sally, and Amanda, and Barry) know what REALLY happened but I for one am glad she was taken to court by the state acting on behalf of the poor baby who had no voice. The thing to remember about PR agencies - as with Letby's one - is that they are influencers, persuaders and advertisers. They'll only tell you good positive things about their product (=in this case a convicted murderer). They will never tell you about the empty calories, excess packaging, poor value for money and price mark-up, so to speak, so the best policy in a criminal case is to take it to a proper criminal court. Of course, we have to accept the court's verdict, which is why we accept Lindy's and Sally's convictions were unsafe. What we have in the Letby case is the old, old story of the evil villainous rogue directing the 'miscarriage of justice'; in this case, Dr. Dewi Evans, who is the new evil, wicked prosecutor, Mignini, and Letby the harmless cheery nurse, who only ever wanted to look after babies. So claim the PR influencers.I’m really seeing a lot of similarities to the false imprisonment of Lindy Chamberlain. Awkward demeanour, saying things that are easily misconstrued, being “weird”, not fitting standard roles, the police needing a quick result and dodgy forensic evidence.
For what it’s worth I saw through the Baby Azaria miscarriage of justice very early. It’s taken longer for Letby, but it’s clear to me now. The intransigence of the UK justice system is still powerful, but the evidence of an unsafe conviction keeps mounting up.
ETA trial by tabloid as well
Last edited: