theprestige
Penultimate Amazing
I'll put you down for "in favor of bombing Iran's uranium enrichment facilities".What, in public? Arent there discreet establishments for that sort of thing?
I'll put you down for "in favor of bombing Iran's uranium enrichment facilities".What, in public? Arent there discreet establishments for that sort of thing?
That's where the goalposts are now? How much cash did this boondoggle blow through? If we only have twenty of a bomb, they can't have been cheap.I'll put you down for "in favor of bombing Iran's uranium enrichment facilities".
I... actually agree with you.![]()
Nuclear program of Iran - Wikipedia
en.wikipedia.org
According to the UN, and Iran, Iran had been enraging uranium up to 60%, and even sometimes 84%. None of this has any civilian purpose whatsoever.
Clearly they were just playing a game of chicken and apparently they just lost big time. I think they believed that if they enriched to 60%, the world would say we better back off and be nice to them otherwise they will go to weapons grade.
Instead the world decided 60% is too close to weapons grade and we have to stop them we no longer have a choice.
![]()
Nuclear program of Iran - Wikipedia
en.wikipedia.org
It's not so much the pricetag as the lack of a dedicated manufacturing process - they are build as individual devices, not in series. It might be hard to build even 4 a year without a lot of extra investment.That's where the goalposts are now? How much cash did this boondoggle blow through? If we only have twenty of a bomb, they can't have been cheap.
Had. If we only had twenty.
We had at least 20 as of 2015. An unspecified number were ordered in 2019, so we certainly had more as of the beginning of this year. Yes, I'm sure they're expensive, and yes, I'm sure it takes a long time to make them. I doubt the cost of the MOPs themselves was a significant factor in this decision. Given the extreme specialization of this weapon, I don't think inventory or production limits were a significant factor either. This is the sort of job it was specifically designed for, it's not any use for most missions, using it for this mission just makes sense.If we only have twenty of a bomb, they can't have been cheap.
Had. If we only had twenty.
I'll never understand this half-assed calculus.That's where the goalposts are now? How much cash did this boondoggle blow through? If we only have twenty of a bomb, they can't have been cheap.
Had. If we only had twenty.
Per wiki:We had at least 20 as of 2015. An unspecified number were ordered in 2019, so we certainly had more as of the beginning of this year. Yes, I'm sure they're expensive, and yes, I'm sure it takes a long time to make them. I doubt the cost of the MOPs themselves was a significant factor in this decision. Given the extreme specialization of this weapon, I don't think inventory or production limits were a significant factor either. This is the sort of job it was specifically designed for, it's not any use for most missions, using it for this mission just makes sense.
Explosions over Doha. US confirms "credible threat" to airbase.
![]()
US strikes did not destroy Iran's nuclear programme, intelligence report says
The White House says the assessment is "flat-out wrong" and is "a clear attempt to demean" President Trump.www.bbc.co.uk

Counterpoint: It's waaay harder to build 4 new high-value hardened targets a year.It's not so much the pricetag as the lack of a dedicated manufacturing process - they are build as individual devices, not in series. It might be hard to build even 4 a year without a lot of extra investment.
Trump, obviously. Time travelling bastard.Meanwhile, who overthrew the elected government of Iran and installed the Shah?
Given the position I hold on "just war" that I have stated repeatedly, what do you think?Feel free to use whatever descriptive noun you like for the effort in question. Do you support it or not?
I confess I'm completely ignorant of your precepts of quote just war unquote. Please elucidate.Given the position I hold on "just war" that I have stated repeatedly, what do you think?
Funny, because I've told you, directly and personally, on several occasions. But I'm more than happy to do so again.I confess I'm completely ignorant of your precepts of quote just war unquote. Please elucidate.
Would you like to reconsider this assumption given the above?Meanwhile, I'll assume you approve of Iran being denied nuclear weapons production by any means necessary.
Funny, because I've told you, directly and personally, on several occasions.
But I'm more than happy to do so again.
The only just war is one of defence of the homeland against a foreign aggressor.
Would you like to reconsider this assumption given the above?