Hercules56
Banned
- Joined
- Aug 4, 2013
- Messages
- 17,176
Citation for what???????????????Citation needed.
You must be joking.
Citation for what???????????????Citation needed.
How long was your country engaged in military action in Vietnam, Iraq and Afghanistan?Federal law allows significant military action for 90 days absent a declaration of war.
I didn't say that the US was at war with Iran, I said Iran was at war with the US. Iran doesn't need the permission of the US Congress in order to wage war against us, that's even stupider. They don't even need their own declaration (though their "death to America" chants arguably qualify). All you need for war is to do the thing, what you say is rather secondary.What IS necessary, as far as the US is concerned, is a declaration of war.
Without it, no war.
For your claim to know what Iranian people want. No, I'm not joking. It's a thing called scepticism: evidence for claims, remember?Citation for what???????????????
You must be joking.
But still Iranians.These people are Kurds, not Persians.
You're actually wrong on this count. We did not declare war in those words, but the thing is, that's never been a requirement. Vietnam, Iraq and Afghanistan all had congressional authorization for military action. That is, in all practical senses, a declaration of war.Tell that to Vietnam, Iraq and Afghanistan. The lack of a declaration of war didn't stop those wars, did they?
Nope. That's the pre-revolution Iranian flag they're wavingThese people are Kurds, not Persians.
Oh, I know it's never been a requirement. That was my point.You're actually wrong on this count. We did not declare war in those words, but the thing is, that's never been a requirement. Vietnam, Iraq and Afghanistan all had congressional authorization for military action. That is, in all practical senses, a declaration of war.
But you are correct that the de facto state of war is not dependent upon any such legal niceties.
I know this is hard for you to understand, but I made no claim of fact.For your claim to know what Iranian people want. No, I'm not joking. It's a thing called scepticism: evidence for claims, remember?
Do you think you know the Iranian peoples mind better than the Iranian people in that video I posted?I know this is hard for you to understand, but I made no claim of fact.
Nothing new there.I made no claim of fact.
They arent Iranians. They are Kurds, who have their own nationalist agenda.Do you think you know the Iranian peoples mind better than the Iranian people in that video I posted?
When I make comments that are a claim of fact, I will support it with evidence.Nothing new there.
OK, so you don't know what the Iranian people want, so your comments about that can be disregarded. Good to know.
Does this apply to everything you post, or is there some way to distinguish factual posts from stuff you just made up?
Prove it - I want the ethnic background of everyone waving an Iranian flag in this video please:They arent Iranians. They are Kurds, who have their own nationalist agenda.
LOL, these people are supporting Iran against Israel.Prove it - I want the ethnic background of everyone waving an Iranian flag in this video please:
The ones in the first clip. There's a lot of protesting IraniansLOL, these people are supporting Iran against Israel.
Even if thats true, are you really gatekeeping what ethnicity the Iranian diaspora has to be in order for their protest of the current regime to be legit.They arent Iranians. They are Kurds, who have their own nationalist agenda.