You are being willfully ignorant. You know damn well that contrary to international law Hamas uses civilian infrastructure to shield military infrastructure. Under international law that infrastructure becomes lawful military target. Even so, Israel goes to historically unprecedented lengths to minimize civilian casualties when attacking these targets. And despite Hamas’s unprecedented attempts to MAXIMIZE fatalities among its own civilian population for propaganda purposes, Israel has achieved the lowest civilian-to-military fatality ratio in the history of urban warfare.
Time to stop lying, Arth.
There are several factors in the ratio of civilian deaths to combatant death, including one crucial unknown.
I am not querying the published ratio per se, but I do have to ask a couple of questions before I am impressed with that ratio.
Firstly, is the number of combatants to start with high anyway, compared to the entire population of Gaza? I have no idea. How do the stats know who are combatants and who are innocent civilians when apparently, there are no uniforms worn by Hamas, and no on the ground clarification/identification from neutral observers, provided to the individuals who compile those stats?
What we do know from independent reports, is that there is an over representation in the 50,000 Gazian deaths of women and children, and those are far easier to indentify.
I look at Gaza today, and it has almost been totally flattened, so does this mean that Hamas just kept moving from one standing building to another and Israeli jets knew which one they had moved on to, and this became the next target? If this is true, and I am not saying that it isn't, it begs another question. Where does the intelligence on the ground come from so effectively and efficiently? If I was Hamas, I might be thinking by now, that it is full of traitorous insider informers.
A neutral might say that the total destruction of buildings in the built up areas of Gaza, suggests that the targeting is not really targeting at all over the two years of the attacks, but more blanket bombing by stealth to make any re-rehabilitation of the Gazean population less likely to happen under its own future steam and efforts.
The optics do look like this, and it is hard to see it any other way, but hey, I am willing to be convinced otherwise, because the thought of one country doing this to another population on its own doorstep, is not very digestible.