• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Cont: Luton Airport Car Park Fire IV

Their response is as follows:

"Thank you for your request for information about the Luton Airport Fire, which was received on 5 June 2024.



The data you have requested regarding the vehicle has previously been refused as it is considered exempt under section 31 of the Freedom of Information Act 2000.
"

This exemption is explained by the ICO as being:

ICO

So not "classified" then. Thank you for posting evidence proving yourself wrong. Many would not do this.
 
This exemption is explained by the ICO as being:

ICO

Not classified, then. Simply exempt from a certain mode of disclosure to a general member of the public. You have no clue what you're talking about, as usual.

You have no new information. You have no relevant experience or knowledge. You have no insight—merely piles upon piles of lies and ignorance.
 
Last edited:
Their response is as follows:

"Thank you for your request for information about the Luton Airport Fire, which was received on 5 June 2024.



The data you have requested regarding the vehicle has previously been refused as it is considered exempt under section 31 of the Freedom of Information Act 2000.
"

This exemption is explained by the ICO as being:

ICO

Have you asked them when the report is coming out?
 
Their response is as follows:

"Thank you for your request for information about the Luton Airport Fire, which was received on 5 June 2024.



The data you have requested regarding the vehicle has previously been refused as it is considered exempt under section 31 of the Freedom of Information Act 2000.
"

This exemption is explained by the ICO as being:

ICO
:rolleyes: So, your claims and assertions are untrue and criminal action is potentially forthcoming.
 
I emailed them yesterday, Saturday ;) Might get a reply tomorrow.

Their reply:

"We will be publishing 2 types of report regarding this incident; one from the Home Office Incident Recording System (IRS), for which there is a charge, and a serious incident review report. We anticipate the IRS report will be available imminently and we will send this to those who have already paid and contact those who have made a request to establish if it is still required.

The serious incident review report will be published on our website by the end of October 2024."
 
Their reply:



"We will be publishing 2 types of report regarding this incident; one from the Home Office Incident Recording System (IRS), for which there is a charge, and a serious incident review report. We anticipate the IRS report will be available imminently and we will send this to those who have already paid and contact those who have made a request to establish if it is still required.



The serious incident review report will be published on our website by the end of October 2024."
So they're stalling, waiting for fresh instructions from Big Battery. What other explanation can there be?
 
Their reply:

"We will be publishing 2 types of report regarding this incident; one from the Home Office Incident Recording System (IRS), for which there is a charge, and a serious incident review report. We anticipate the IRS report will be available imminently and we will send this to those who have already paid and contact those who have made a request to establish if it is still required.

The serious incident review report will be published on our website by the end of October 2024."

Soooooo, no mention of "official", "secret" nor "top secret"?

Just plain old reports...
 
Soooooo, no mention of "official", "secret" nor "top secret"?

Just plain old reports...

As expected. The responsible agencies are in the final stages of publishing the reports.

My company has in its possession information provided by various U.S. government entities pertaining to contracts we have agreed to fulfill for them. Some of that information is classified, meaning it falls into one of the well-known, highly-codified classes of sensitive information. Not only can I not supply that information, I am strictly forbidden to even allow it to be inspected or obtained by unauthorized parties. This is what a classification is.

I also have information provided by vendors and technology partners that is protected against disclosure by non-disclosure agreements. If you ask me for that information, I cannot provide it without being civilly liable for breach of contract. However, it is not classified information.

I retain private, potentially sensitive information on my employees. I am required to disclose it under certain circumstances, but obviously I will not release to the general public anything other than, "So-and-so worked here as [title] from [start date] to [end date]." This is the customary level of disclosure for such purposes as employment verification, with an occasional verification of salary to known or trustworthy parties. This is not classified information, but there are customary legal guidelines on how employers should use it.

I also retain other information pertaining to how I run my company, how I design my products, and how I provide my services. It is not classified, but naturally I will not simply tell anyone who asks. It's my advantage in the marketplace, but it is not classified.

And in the course of carrying out investigations upon request, I am sometimes privy to sensitive information that is disclosed under provisional seal in order to secure the cooperation of witnesses, suppliers, and other involved parties. The decision to make any of that part of the final report is made according to the relevance of that information to the findings and recommendations, and with the advice of legal counsel upon the potential undue prejudice that might arise. Information that is obtained but not disclosed for any of those reasons is not classified; it's confidential.

Just because someone won't release potentially sensitive information generally or upon request does not mean the information is "classified." Someone's been spending too much time in her armchair. No doubt we're going to be treated to an explanation of how "classified" is just something used in a quaint corner of the U.K. decades ago and was commonly accepted as meaning the exact opposite of how everyone else understands the term.
 
Just because someone won't release potentially sensitive information generally or upon request does not mean the information is "classified." Someone's been spending too much time in her armchair. No doubt we're going to be treated to an explanation of how "classified" is just something used in a quaint corner of the U.K. decades ago and was commonly accepted as meaning the exact opposite of how everyone else understands the term.

This is why I've been using the words I have: they are the current, and have been for a number of years, official UK terms for restricted official information officially.

So, like the previous use of D-notice and other out-dated terms, using "classified" is meaningless in this context.
 
Excellent explanation overall, but nitpick: "Confidential" is a classification.

Yeah I realized that upon subsequent reading—the hazards of composing a post over a long time in several sessions. However, to further nitpick: confidential is not a classification, but CONFIDENTIAL is. But of course those are just the marking conventions. The point remains valid.
 
As expected. The responsible agencies are in the final stages of publishing the reports.

My company has in its possession information provided by various U.S. government entities pertaining to contracts we have agreed to fulfill for them. Some of that information is classified, meaning it falls into one of the well-known, highly-codified classes of sensitive information. Not only can I not supply that information, I am strictly forbidden to even allow it to be inspected or obtained by unauthorized parties. This is what a classification is.

I also have information provided by vendors and technology partners that is protected against disclosure by non-disclosure agreements. If you ask me for that information, I cannot provide it without being civilly liable for breach of contract. However, it is not classified information.

I retain private, potentially sensitive information on my employees. I am required to disclose it under certain circumstances, but obviously I will not release to the general public anything other than, "So-and-so worked here as [title] from [start date] to [end date]." This is the customary level of disclosure for such purposes as employment verification, with an occasional verification of salary to known or trustworthy parties. This is not classified information, but there are customary legal guidelines on how employers should use it.

I also retain other information pertaining to how I run my company, how I design my products, and how I provide my services. It is not classified, but naturally I will not simply tell anyone who asks. It's my advantage in the marketplace, but it is not classified.

And in the course of carrying out investigations upon request, I am sometimes privy to sensitive information that is disclosed under provisional seal in order to secure the cooperation of witnesses, suppliers, and other involved parties. The decision to make any of that part of the final report is made according to the relevance of that information to the findings and recommendations, and with the advice of legal counsel upon the potential undue prejudice that might arise. Information that is obtained but not disclosed for any of those reasons is not classified; it's confidential.

Just because someone won't release potentially sensitive information generally or upon request does not mean the information is "classified." Someone's been spending too much time in her armchair. No doubt we're going to be treated to an explanation of how "classified" is just something used in a quaint corner of the U.K. decades ago and was commonly accepted as meaning the exact opposite of how everyone else understands the term.

For goodness sake, when I said 'classified' I was being sardonic. _DUH.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom