Thermal
August Member
Sometimes they have fun campaigning for the three people on the planet that actually want to use them. Or use Xhre.
Then despite your protestations you do not support trans people. You oppose them - you deny them their identity, their existence.Therefore, in spite of the fact that, as stated above, I support those who are in the LGB and T communities, I do not accept, and I will never accept, that a trans woman is a woman, or that a trans man is a man....
Nearly any words can be harassing if you use them to harass. If you have a co-worker named Elisha whom you always call "bald head" that could well be considered harassment and even hostile workplace.The gist of the policy seems to be "hey maybe you don't think of this as harassing, but we want to assure you that *we* do." So not so much an upgrade as clarification.
Here. Here is the thing that is totally blown all out of proportion.Hans touched on this, but let me make a key aspect more explicit.
Male sexual predators have an incentive to pose as females to access victims. The trans rights movement, particularly self ID, gives them cover to do so. Female sexual predators don’t operate the same way as male sexual predators. They don’t need to pose as males to access victims, they have no incentive to. So people worry about sexual predators posing as trans women, but they don’t worry about sexual predators posing as trans men, because there’s an asymmetry to sexual predator behavior. This is completely logical, and also completely obvious.
Nearly any words can be harassing if you use them to harass. If you have a co-worker named Elisha whom you always call "bald head" that could well be considered harassment and even hostile workplace.
Well, yes, I also have no trouble believing that some activists are just into being activists, not into actually representing anyone![]()
Yeah. That and I don't like allowing transphobic arguments to stand uncountered. Like the propagandistic Trump-reminiscent lie that misgendering is now a federal offense.Translation: let's do the full spoiled brat thing and make a big show of leaving and slamming the door
Look, nobody forces you to take part in any discussion whatsoever. But making sure everyone sees you throwing a fuss and slamming the door ain't say much else than that you've indeed run out of arguments![]()
Then despite your protestations you do not support trans people. You oppose them - you deny them their identity, their existence.
And you wonder why people call you transphobic.
I know trans people who are very happy with their body. I know that the "wrong body" is a common stereotype, and there are trans people who definitely feel that way, but it is certainly not universal. Gender dysmorphia does not always manifest as feeling like you're in the "wrong" body. It can feel like your body is wrong, but that's not the same thing.I think the trans person is the one who should give way here, simply because if they feel they are actially in the "wrong" literal body, being in the "wrong" locker room is pretty trivial.
This. Well said, sir.Yes, sadly some folk fail at the standard social contract and need bad behaviour spelt out and codified.
Yes, neopronouns still exist, and there are some people who still use them, but there have been many, many different neopronouns suggested since the 60s and very few of them have caught on in any meaningful way, especially since the gender-neutral singular "they" is already right there.Dunno, they're still listed on, for example, the human rights campaign site: https://www.hrc.org/resources/understanding-neopronouns
And really, many other sites.
Along with such stuff as "fae". Like, really, you couldn't have just gone for "elf"?
I mean, admittedly it's last been updated about 2 years ago, but on the flip side, it's also not been updated to say that's no longer the case, either.
Just use the normal word. Themselves. There's no need to complicate it.Absolutely. But calling someone bald head, or fat ass or what have you is interpreted by virtually all as being insulting/harassing. As we see in this thread, many consider pronoun use to fall.outside of that and simply being true to theirselves. Or xirselfs. It's complicated.
I know trans people who are very happy with their body. I know that the "wrong body" is a common stereotype, and there are trans people who definitely feel that way, but it is certainly not universal. Gender dysmorphia does not always manifest as feeling like you're in the "wrong" body. It can feel like your body is wrong, but that's not the same thing.
Just use the normal word. Themselves. There's no need to complicate it.
I know trans people who are very happy with their body. I know that the "wrong body" is a common stereotype, and there are trans people who definitely feel that way, but it is certainly not universal. Gender dysmorphia does not always manifest as feeling like you're in the "wrong" body. It can feel like your body is wrong, but that's not the same thing.
It's the difference between "this is not my body" and "this is my body, but it's wrong - it has features that I don't think it should have".Really not seeing a significant distinction between your body being wrong for you, and you being in the wrong body. Not being confrontational, but that totally sounds like navel gazing poetry.
Just use the normal word. Themselves. There's no need to complicate it.
It's the difference between "this is not my body" and "this is my body, but it's wrong - it has features that I don't think it should have".
It's the difference between "this is not my body" and "this is my body, but it's wrong - it has features that I don't think it should have".