That's not long enough.
Because?
That's not long enough.
They had the death penalty back then, too. Do you seriously think current sentencing should be guided by trials from nearly 70 years ago?Looking back at the sentencing of the Notting Hill rioters in 1958 the offenders were sentenced to 5 years as an 'exemplary' sentence.
The sentences handed out to these thugs should be 'exemplary'. 5 years should be the starting point.
Looking back at the sentencing of the Notting Hill rioters in 1958 the offenders were sentenced to 5 years as an 'exemplary' sentence.
The sentences handed out to these thugs should be 'exemplary'. 5 years should be the starting point.
I think the sentences, as I said, should be exemplary. The sentences handed out so far are not exemplary.
They should act as a real deterrent.
If the UK is running low on prison places there's always the Stockholm Bibby.
How about we wait until we have more examples to be able to judge? There have been several hundred arrests, and I've only seen a handful of sentences reported.
Also, as Wudang says, the guy who got 3 years may well have had that reduced from a higher value because of his cooperation.
A write up of the court appearances so far in Middlesbrough. All remanded in custody for Crown Court.
Including a company director from Darlington who cried in court.
https://far-rightcriminals.com/2024...urt-over-alleged-role-in-middlesbrough-riots/
So, yer bubbling "director" had driven from Darlo to Boro "out of curiosity" when a planned right wing demo was about to kick off...Riiiiiiiiiight...Curiosity... "I have heard that Middlesbrough, the mythical land of the legendary Houchen, leader of the Guild of Not-At-All-Fraudsters, exists! I must sally forth this very day in my motorised carriage in order to establish this with my very own eyes!"
I don't think anybody believes that story.
I don't think anybody believes that story.
Yeah, I'm not sure Middlesbrough exists and apparently I worked there: I blame noxious fumes on both the A66 and A67 westbound from Darlington. I probably spent 3 years in some fugue state, as it is claimed that I also visited Port Clarence and Loftus a few times (ask Andy...).
I grew up in Brotton on the other side of the valley to Loftus.
A write up of the court appearances so far in Middlesbrough. All remanded in custody for Crown Court.
Including a company director from Darlington who cried in court.
https://far-rightcriminals.com/2024...urt-over-alleged-role-in-middlesbrough-riots/