Gulliver Foyle
Philosopher
Having not driven for many years I inherited a car last year. I noticed a lot of the rural villages around here (central Scotland) now have 20 mph limits. There's not been any particular fanfare or controversy around this, as far as I've been aware.
Has been like that in Ireland since 2018 (with 30kph being the limit in residential areas). Not a peep out of anybody. Said this before, but I was over in Wales March of last year with the car when they were piloting the limit in Swansea. My brother told me that his local facebook group were up in arms about the limit calling it all sorts of names under the sun. He told me this while I was doing 10kph around the local roads because they were in such a state that I was afeared of doing my suspension in if I went faster.
