• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Cont: Luton Airport Car Park Fire III

Status
Not open for further replies.
...not everyone is automatically a conspiracy theorist just because they have a different viewpoint from yourself.

But they ARE a conspiracy theorist if they keep arguing for a conspiracy, especially when they are doing so without any evidence.

As has been pointed out to you multiple times, not just by JayUtah, but by EVERY other person participating in this thread, what you are proposing IS a conspiracy theory. You are arguing that something happened, which is being covered up at the behest of a government official, because the "truth" would be damaging to that goverment official, and that the cover up is being done with other parties colluding.

You are arguing that Sunak has instructed the media and the Bedfordshire Fire and Rescue Service, to lie about the type of car that started the Luton Airport Fire.

You are arguing that Sunak's instructions are for the intent of hiding a business advantage he would gain by not having an EV tagged as the firestarter.

You are arguing that the media and the Bedfordshire Fire and Rescue Service are co-operating with Sunak's instructions,

You are therefore arguing FOR a conspiracy. You are doing so without any viable and verifiable supporting evidence. This makes you a certifiable, nailed-on, bolted-down, dyed-in-the-wool conspiracy theorist.
 
You are either lying about what JayUtah said or your memory really is as atrocious as it appears to be.

Quote the post where this scorn and fury of Jay's is shown.

You'll find that conspiracy theorists are generally snowflakes who will take criticism of their pet theories personally. Where everyone else sees the conspiracy theorist having their claims forcefully challenged, the conspiracy theorist sees these challenges as personal attacks on them. They cannot understand why their evidence-free claims are not accepted.
 
I note nobody has been able to produce a video of an 'electrical fault in the engine bay of a diesel-only powered car' that looks exactly like the one released by the Romanian lady, which itself looks remarkably like a lithium-ion fire.


Isn't this one that apologists for the Turin Tablecloth have tried?
 
Last edited:
And, for that matter, what is the connection between Theleme and Tata?

I think it was their shared history of being in unfulfilling relationships with men and how all their lives they had felt stifled, their road trip was both a metaphorical and literal escape from these dissatisfactions.
 
I asked you to stop spreading false information about me and please tone down your abusive language, based on the pejorative views of others.


As I've noted in the past, correctly and relevantly calling attention to your apparent incompetence in a field where you're claiming to be an expert is not abuse, even if it hurts your feelings.

I never said tax avoidance was a crime, either . . .


What I said was that you didn't understand the difference between tax fraud and tax avoidance, because you claimed that Degorce was charged with tax fraud, when all he'd done was invest in a questionable tax shelter. And I stand by that assertion.

Co-partner Patrick Degorce was charged with defrauding HMRC of £80m.


Second, when I pointed this out to you, you strongly implied that tax avoidance ought to be a crime, and insinuated that the fact that it isn't is somehow proof of your fantasy that Britain still largely adheres to Victorian social stratification. :rolleyes:

As a side note, something I didn't pick up on before is that you refer to Degorce as "co-partner," when he actually founded and currently runs the fund. You presumably did this in an attempt to inflate Sunak's importance and role in the firm, when, as I've mentioned, he was only a junior partner. In fact, one article I read from The Guardian referred to Degorce as "Sunak's boss at Theleme."

And one final note, I saw an article that referred to the amount Degorce owed as £8m, which you may have misread as £80m.
 
I did try to explain how a blind trust operates but was sharply informed it was not relevant.


What Jay said.



Yes, I'm absolutely sure. I don't know whether you misread the article you linked, or you just have some misapprehension that it somehow makes me wrong, but in either case, it doesn't. I read about this unfortunate lady in a different article before I wrote what I wrote. First, she didn't go to prison. Second, she was only prosecuted because that was the only way for the government to seize her assets. I also read about that happening to someone who owned a house.

Further, I added the qualifier "virtually" to my assertion, so even if you'd managed to find a few edge cases, it wouldn't have mattered. However, I mainly added that because, although it hasn't been discussed in the current round of headlines about people who've landed in trouble for honest mistakes, I'm sure there are cases of genuine fraud. These would include failure to report income that clearly far exceeds the limit, or claiming the allowance for nonexistent relatives. I imagine that people have gone to prison for such things. This, like the tax avoidance/tax fraud issue, goes to honest mistake or matter of interpretation vs. clear intent to defraud, a concept that you frankly appear to have difficulty understanding.

You can say it's a crime for a minister to enrich himself by promoting his own financial interests but try proving it. It would literally take years to investigate (the PPE and Post Office ones have run and run and run). I am pretty sure Sunak will have covered his back well, as evidenced by announcing his giving his Infosys shares to his wife and not having any searchable financial investments record since 2013. I dare say he will only discover their fruits when he leaves politics, if he was not already quite well aware, thank you.


As we've discussed, and you continue to ignore, what you've accused Sunak of doing is clearly orchestrating a criminal conspiracy; whether or not it can be proven is irrelevant. Therefore, you are a conspiracy theorist.
 
I will confirm for anyone that wasn't aware, when I was studying for CIMA none of the units covered firefighting or automotive design/repair. ACA or ACCA might have been different, but in my experience they were less likely to get their hands dirty!
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom