As you may be aware, she probably means "tax shelter."
@
Vixen: In addition to the above, this is at least the second time you've referred to blind trusts (or blind management arrangements) as "blind registers" and claimed that their purpose is to allow politicians to hide their investments from the public,
after you've been repeatedly corrected on both points. Is it really surprising that people would question whether you're actually a competent accountant, as you claim?
Further, here's something that I found when I was looking up the UK Ministerial Code. This
report was published when Sunak was Chancellor. From the Cabinet Office, 27 April 2022:
Advice from the Independent Adviser on Ministers' Interests about the Chancellor of the Exchequer's outside interests
1. I have been asked by the Prime Minister [Boris Johnson] to advise on the Chancellor’s adherence to the requirements of the Ministerial Code in respect of his declarations of interest. While I have hitherto been satisfied with the Chancellor’s adherence to the requirements of the Ministerial Code, I have approached this exercise with an open mind and reviewed the material held by the office of Independent Adviser as well as requesting further information from HM [Her Majesty's] Treasury and the Chancellor. . . .
The blind management arrangement
13. Blind management arrangements are longstanding mechanisms for protecting ministers in the handling of their interests. They ensure Ministers are not involved in decisions on the management, acquisition or disposal of items in the arrangement and do not have live knowledge of the contents of such arrangements. The Chancellor has confirmed that he does not have live knowledge of the contents of the arrangement nor influence or control over the management of his investment. I am therefore satisfied that the existence of such an arrangement does not give rise to a conflict of interest. The Chancellor’s actions cannot be said to be coloured with any knowledge of the impact that it might have on his personal interests and ministerial office does not preclude holding of financial or other assets per se. This arrangement therefore represents the ‘alternative steps’ as set out in paragraph 7.7 of the Ministerial Code. . . .
Infosys Shareholding
24. I have also considered Ms Murty’s existing shareholding in Infosys Limited, an Indian multinational information technology company of which Ms Murty’s father was a founder. I am satisfied that this shareholding has been properly declared.
25. Whilst Infosys Limited has contracted with certain organisations in the wider UK public sector, they have not contracted with HM Treasury during the time that the Chancellor has held ministerial office in the department. No conflict of interest, real or perceived, has therefore arisen between this interest, held by Ms Murty, and the Chancellor’s public duties as a Minister of the Crown. In these circumstances, and taking into account Ms Murty’s rights to privacy, it has not been considered necessary for this interest to be specifically published in the respective Lists of Ministerial Interests.
Conclusions
26. I advise that the requirements of the Ministerial Code have been adhered to by the Chancellor, and that he has been assiduous in meeting his obligations and in engaging with this investigation.
So please explain to us again,
Vixen, exactly how Sunak knows that he has shares in Tata JLR, and that he can just give Infosys a big government contract whenever he feels like it.