Matthew Best
Penultimate Amazing
But you can tell the roof is straight just by looking at the video!!!!
This is a prime example of Vixens inability to grasp even basic concepts because of her need for fulfilment of her conspiracy theory...
This is a picture of a basic laundry room for example
[qimg]https://i.postimg.cc/gc12mX3t/Screenshot-from-2024-04-30-08-04-49.png[/qimg]
Plain, simple, very ordinary....
However- in reality...
[qimg]https://i.postimg.cc/fLpDzpSS/Screenshot-from-2024-04-30-08-05-07.png[/qimg]
I was about to say, I started in Mechanical Engineering and switched to Mechanical Engineering Technology, (more hands-on, less theory, less calculus), and I know relatively little about cars (which is slightly embarrassing). I have asthma, and I've always been overweight, so my dad, who taught power mechanics, always did any minor work on my car; anything major I had my friend the mechanic do, or else I took it to a shop. But I definitely didn't learn anything to speak of about cars in my ME or MET degree programs.
I do recall one time when my dad was working on mine, I asked him if there was a book I could read to learn to work on cars, and he replied, "No, you just have to do it."
Haynes repair manuals are usually helpful. I learned separately how to work on cars, via working with knowledgeable people, following Haynes, and lots of other hands-on experience. One thing we actually tell people as teachers of engineering is, "Don't work on your own car." That's because you'll really screw things up going in with a head full of theory and no street smarts. The factory/manufacturer repair manuals are de rigueur, or the third-party ones like Haynes (most times).
"I have a degree in Mechanical Engineering" is not tantamount to, "I know the gory details of how cars—or some specific car—works.
Ah well, I only ever saw three or four of his videos - rarely had time to watch all the way through. Seemed articulate enough.
A friend of mine has a PhD in quantum mechanics. He can only fix cars if they're more than 1.6×10-35m long.
But it DOES mean that I can tell a lithium ion battery fire from other kinds of fires, right?
You know who else was articulate? Adolf Hitler.
Do you read what you write?
Amazing that you miss the point so wildly in your flailing.You believe that a goose-stepping raging lunatic who spoke with his arms and screamed out slogans, together with producing an unreadable book full of drivel with zero-literary merit, the epitome of 'articulacy'...?
Wow. Just wow.
Do you?
I'll bet that things go like this: The report will probably give a make, year and model (name seems redundant), though I can't be certain since I don't know what such reports usually contain. It will definitely comment on that the vehicle had a diesel ICE motor. I don't know whether they will have identified the exact cause of the fire.
You will go silent for a little while after the release of the report and eventually will return. You will start by criticizing certain aspects of the report, casting suspicions that it was influenced by the powers above and eventually outright saying that Car Zero was a hybrid or EV of some sort.
And so, in the end, the report will not influence your opinion even a little bit. It will just be another bit of evidence to overcome.
I look forward to seeing if I'm right. But if I'm wrong, I promise to admit it.
You believe that a goose-stepping raging lunatic who spoke with his arms and screamed out slogans, together with producing an unreadable book full of drivel with zero-literary merit, the epitome of 'articulacy'...?
Wow. Just wow.
Okay, let's scratch him from the list of experts who suggest that the initial vehicle had a lithium ion battery.
That leaves us with the literally self-described Auto Expert. So, he has "a degree" in Mechanical Engineering. My guess is that it's an undergraduate degree, though if he did some accounting work afterward, I guess he could say he had postgrad work in Mechanical Engineering or something.
He also has worked as a journalist, specializing in autos.
So, is this the sort of expert that you have in mind? Is it just him or is there another expert or two you'd like to suggest?
I appreciate facts.
If the report is factual and detailed, as I am sure it will be, why would I be dissatisfied?
...government interference in facts it does not want the public to know.
Hell, even within my field of power semiconductors, I only consider myself an expert in a very small area.I can ask intelligent questions and contribute in a larger area, but technical subjects like engineering are difficult and complicated when you start to deal with all the factors that affect the outcome, whether it is the lifetime and safe loading of a bridge or the reliability of a jet engine.
In England, Jeremy Clarkson is revered as an auto expert - he presented a long running television car show called 'Top Gear' - yet he left school (albeit an expensive one) with just one O-level and expelled.
...
In England, Jeremy Clarkson is revered as an auto expert...
...he presented a long running television car show called 'Top Gear'
So your criteria seems to be based on pure snobbery.