Emily's Cat
Rarely prone to hissy-fits
It's certainly no less hostile than any of the political threads, nor any of the religion threads, nor the conspiracy theory threads.Well, to be fair, this thread is a very hostile environment, and people tend to be ganged-up on, from what I’ve seen.
To be fair, you might consider going back through some of the prior chapters and objectively considering which participants are actually being hostile and aggressive, and which are simply arguing their points using logic, reason, and science. I hear this claim, that this is a "toxic" or "hostile" thread parroted a lot, but I don't see it born out. When there has been serious nastiness, it's very rarely being instigated from those of us on the gender critical side. Rather, it's been the very dedicated activists who have been hostile, often blatantly so.
Perhaps you would consider taking some time to skim through the prior versions of this discussion, with an open mind, and make your own decision on whether or not it's actually hostile, whether it's any more hostile than many other topics, and which group of people are the ones being hostile?
Transmen are females, and unless they're dosing with testosterone, I see no reason to ban them from participation in female sports at all. Transwomen on the other hand, are males - and they should be excluded from female sports regardless of whether they've suppressed their testosterone or undergone surgery.I’m against trans men in women’s competitive sport, but I sympathise with trans people for their difficult lives.
The rest of the argument ultimately seems to be a human linguistic/thought experiment on both sides.
- I don't think it's a thought experiment when female inmates are being forced to share cells with male-bodied people, and in some cases being raped by those males.
- I don't think it's a thought experiment when females are exposed to the genitals of a male against their will in spas, showers, or changing areas.
- I don't think it's a thought experiment when recognition for the "first female xxx" is being granted to males.
- I don't think it's a thought experiment when females in inpatient medical wards get raped by male patients and are then gaslit about it and told that it never happened because there are no "men" on the ward despite there being video evidence of it having occurred.
- I don't think it's a thought experiment when females gathering to discuss the impact of fiat self-id policies on their rights and safety are consistently harassed, threatened, and attacked by transgender identified males.
- I don't think it's a thought experiment when females lose their jobs for stating that humans cannot change sex, and that transwomen are still males.
- I don't think it's a thought experiment when children are being given drugs that can cause sterility before they've even matured, or when youth with mental health issues are shuffled into surgeries that remove healthy body parts instead of being given the mental health care they need.
- I don't think it's a thought experiment when parents lose custody of their children because they don't allow their children to take drugs that permanently alter their bodies and place them at serious health risk, or because they don't support a social transition for their child.
- I don't think it's a thought experiment when some states in the US declare that they will not consider it kidnapping if an adult brings a child into their state without the knowledge or permission of their parents for the purpose of receiving puberty blockers, cross-sex hormones, or surgery intended to alter their healthy bodies.
None of these are thought experiments, because these are actually happening. In the real world. As a result of fiat self-id.
You seem to be under the misimpression that this thread is full of "transphobic" people who actively dislike transgender people, similar to some of the anti-gay religious nutjobs. But that's not the case. I think we all agree that people should be allowed to dress and present however they want, that clothing and adornment should not be restricted on the basis of sex - if males want to wear skirts and makeup, they should be free to; if females want to wear buzzcuts and overalls, they should be free to. And every one of us thinks that transgender people should never be denied a job or a home on the basis of how they present themselves.
I think you have a lot of wrong assumptions about this thread, as well as its participants.