• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Cont: Luton Airport Car Park Fire III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Catsmate avers that it has definitely been confirmed as a 2014 Range Rover Sport. You say it is an Evoque. But neither of you can provide a citation for your claim.

Which one of you is right?

Moving on from the fact that your post didn't actually address the post you were replying to...

I don't need to provide a citation for something I never said. I never said it was officially confirmed to be anything. But the images of the burning car are clearly a Range Rover. The photos aren't good quality, but it is most likely an Evoque based on the styling features, although the Sport looks very similar and it's possible it's a Sport.

This whole train of nonsense is based on your conspiracy theory that there's 'something fishy' about there being, as yet, no official confirmation of the year, make and model of the car that started the fire. 'They' must be hiding something.

But the fact is that the fire service has probably had no more visual confirmation of the vehicle type than anyone else, having only seen the same video images as anyone else. That's not to say they don't know the type based on its registration and ownership. As far as I know, they're still sorting through the wreckage of the garage, which is unstable and
requires great care to avoid risking the lives of the workers. At some point they may find a wreck that can be identified as the car that they know to have caught fire, but there's no guarantee of that. When the report is issued, it will likely give us the year, make and model, whether they can identify the car at the scene or not, based on what investigators already know about its owner. But don't act like a lack of details prior to the release of the detailed report is somehow suspicious.
 
Perhaps the well-informed are in a better position to see the bigger picture.

But you're not well informed. Page after page contain evidence of your ignorance of the subjects you pretend to apprehend. You still haven't even acknowledged your error in claiming that diesel requires high pressure to ignite, despite having seen a video of an open dish of diesel being ignited with a match. You even think that car salesmen and garage employees should have significant expertise regarding car fires.
 
I have never said I was smarter than anybody else. But I don't see why the well-read should be slapped down for being informed.

"Well read" is qualitative, not quantitative. Reading a bunch of internet posts by idiots commenting on Daily Mail articles doesn't make one "well read".
 
I have never said I was smarter than anybody else.
Nor have I accused you of being smarter than anybody else.

But I don't see why the well-read should be slapped down for being informed.
I don't either.

In fact, I deplore attempts to slap down the well-read and well-informed.

Here is something I read way back in October:
...it has been determined that the vehicle that first caught fire was a diesel car.​
 
I have never said I was smarter than anybody else. But I don't see why the well-read should be slapped down for being informed.


By "well-read", do you mean those who are capable of understanding statements like, "The vehicle involved was diesel-powered – it was not a mild hybrid, plug-in hybrid or electric vehicle"?
 
Anyway, any chance that you can provide a source to back up your claim that firefighters from Harpenden said it "looked like a lithium-ion fire"?
 
Perhaps the well-informed are in a better position to see the bigger picture.
Perhaps the conspiracy theorists are too deep in denial about being conspiracy theorists to recognise their fantasies are not the same thing as being well-informed.
 
I think that might be me lol

I did respond (HERE) to Vixens claim that it was very difficult to find named (on-scene) firefighters comments about the fire.

She had previously attributed this to firefighters being reluctant to speak openly about the event because they have to 'sign' the Official Secrets Act :=]

Compus

Soz, hopeless at names! If I recall correctly, the fire fighter in your scenario remained anonymous*, which rather tends to support my claim of staff being expected to uphold contractual confidentiality issues. As for the Official Secrets Act it has been established that not everybody signs it, as I had thought re the Civil Service and associated public bodies such as the police and fire brigade.

*Extract:

A fire officer from London, who attended the scene in the early hours, said they could not now get inside the building to figure out the extent of the damage.

Speaking outside the partially burned-out car park, he said: "We can't get close enough to see. It's too dangerous, it will probably fall down on you, so they will probably do an insurance job and bring it all down."

Another officer, who would not be named, added that the loud bangs audible in videos circulated via social media would have been fuel tanks, tyres, and EV tanks.
 
Last edited:
By "well-read", do you mean those who are capable of understanding statements like, "The vehicle involved was diesel-powered – it was not a mild hybrid, plug-in hybrid or electric vehicle"?

I mean people who understand how the press works and how politicians work.

The bigger picture.
 
I mean people who understand how the press works and how politicians work.


You mean like the ones who think the best way to bury a report is to issue it during the "silly season" when there's a shortage of actual news to report?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom