theprestige
Penultimate Amazing
The more I think about it, the more I think that Teslas are not any worse than other car brands, in terms of overall quality or performance or ethics. Not especially so, anyway.
Rather, it seems Tesla's worst sin is a casual approach to deviating from the established idioms for car user experiences and user interfaces. Nothing wrong with having door handles work a little unconventionally. Nothing wrong with moving the blinker controls to an unconventional location.
There are even other cars that do this kind of thing. But they tend to be ridiculously expensive luxury cars, not high-end commodity models. I think it's a silly thing to do, design wise. But I'm a luddite who hates change. I ignore half the features in my new car, simply because I don't want to have to figure out the unique idiom for cruise control and hands-free phone calls. I do like the on-wheel volume and chapter buttons though.
Anyway, yeah. Shame on Elon Musk for messing with the long-established UI/UX conventions for automobile controls. What an unethical monster he is! What a total scam he's perpetrating on the entire world! Literally the second most evil person in all of human history.
Rather, it seems Tesla's worst sin is a casual approach to deviating from the established idioms for car user experiences and user interfaces. Nothing wrong with having door handles work a little unconventionally. Nothing wrong with moving the blinker controls to an unconventional location.
There are even other cars that do this kind of thing. But they tend to be ridiculously expensive luxury cars, not high-end commodity models. I think it's a silly thing to do, design wise. But I'm a luddite who hates change. I ignore half the features in my new car, simply because I don't want to have to figure out the unique idiom for cruise control and hands-free phone calls. I do like the on-wheel volume and chapter buttons though.
Anyway, yeah. Shame on Elon Musk for messing with the long-established UI/UX conventions for automobile controls. What an unethical monster he is! What a total scam he's perpetrating on the entire world! Literally the second most evil person in all of human history.
I know what you're thinking: "Right, because Donald Trump is the most evil person in all of human history. But what about Hitler? Isn't he the second most evil person in all of human history?"
And that's because you're forgetting all the other Trumps, and Dick Cheney. When you really think about it, Adolf Hitler is probably in the bottom half of your top ten list of evil people throughout history. Probably number seven or eight, depending on where you rank Vladimir Putin.
And that's because you're forgetting all the other Trumps, and Dick Cheney. When you really think about it, Adolf Hitler is probably in the bottom half of your top ten list of evil people throughout history. Probably number seven or eight, depending on where you rank Vladimir Putin.