• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Biden not likely to be charged for mishanding classified documents.

Ranb

Penultimate Amazing
Joined
Jul 25, 2003
Messages
11,476
Location
WA USA
Takeaways from special counsel’s report into Biden’s handling of classified documents.
https://www.cnn.com/2024/02/08/politics/takeaways-joe-biden-special-counsel-report/index.html
The special counsel report found that Biden willfully retained classified information, including top secret documents, and knew he was in possession of some documents as far back as 2017. He also shared some of that information with the ghostwriter of his 2017 memoir.

The special counsel decided not to charge the president in the case – primarily because he found that nothing proved a willful intent by Biden to illegally hold onto classified information and his cooperation with the investgation.

Yet, in a politically damaging line of reasoning, Hur wrote that one reason Biden wasn’t going to be prosecuted was because he would present to a jury as an elderly man “with a poor memory.” Biden’s lawyers objected to the description – calling it “investigative excess” and accusing Hur of flouting Justice Department rules and norms.

It's the "elderly poor old man" defense? And still fit to be nominated for president?

******* hell. Am I the only who thinks that "Biden willfully retained classified information" and "nothing proved a willful intent by Biden to illegally hold onto classified information" are two statements that make no sense being used together here?

I'm fairly certain I would be in jail awaiting trial if I had that stuff in my house.

The report; https://www.cnn.com/2024/02/08/politics/robert-hur-report-biden-classified-documents-read/index.html

Ranb

ETA; He also blames his staff. https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/biden-classified-documents-report-02-08-24/index.html
 
Last edited:
Without reading the 288 pages, can someone tell me if he lied about having them?
And hid them from the DoJ when they came asking for them back?

And then lied that they had all been returned?

And then had to be raided by the authorities to recover a big stash of stuff that he had hidden in his crappy toilet room?

And then erased the security footage of him hiding stuff before the raid?

And STILL has a possible stash hidden somewhere in his garage?

And has probably shown/given the documents to foreign nationals, some of whom work for adversaries of the USA?

And has claimed vehemently throughout that "unlimited presidential privilege" permits him to do all this?
 
Takeaways from special counsel’s report into Biden’s handling of classified documents.
https://www.cnn.com/2024/02/08/politics/takeaways-joe-biden-special-counsel-report/index.html


It's the "elderly poor old man" defense? And still fit to be nominated for president?

******* hell. Am I the only who thinks that "Biden willfully retained classified information" and "nothing proved a willful intent by Biden to illegally hold onto classified information" are two statements that make no sense being used together here?

I'm fairly certain I would be in jail awaiting trial if I had that stuff in my house.

The report; https://www.cnn.com/2024/02/08/politics/robert-hur-report-biden-classified-documents-read/index.html

Ranb

ETA; He also blames his staff. https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/biden-classified-documents-report-02-08-24/index.html

I think you're believing what you want to believe and disregarding the facts in the report.

Unlike Trump, Biden selected a Republican as special prosecutor to investigate him. The Republcan special prosecutor coul find no justification to prosecute Biden. But felt the need to include commentary and innuendo why Biden (who willingly allowed himself to be deposed) couldn't recall certain events and the order they happened. Keep in mind he was being asked questions on events that happened years before.
 
Keep in mind he was being asked questions on events that happened years before.

He didn’t know when he was vice president. How long are you going to keep pretending that he’s not in cognitive decline? How many imaginary encounters with dead people is it going to take before you face facts?
 
So, Biden did a press conference where many of the reporters latched onto the description about a "well-meaning elderly man with a poor memory" description.

Biden said he was well-meaning and elderly but said that his memory was fine, and instead blamed his staff for not depositing the documents in the archives. He also claims that one item that he said was classified was actually "private", therefore not a breach.



That said, I do find that when I'm listening to Biden speak that I have to extend some charity to understand what he's saying. He does seem to me to get a bit lost.

In particular, he is about to leave then someone asks him about the Gaza-Isreal war and the hostages.

I'm sorry, but his rambling talk was pretty hard to follow, with him, at one point referring to the president of "Mexico" Sisi. He then said something about how "you'll recall" there were other negotiations like the ones I had just after...er... before the Hamas attack when he talked with the Saudis and the Qataris about them recognizing Israel's right to exist and that it was based on 2 things that I am not going to go into right now but one of them was about the arch-enemy in the north west, I mean the north east....

Huh?!

ETA: But not to pick on Biden alone, here is Trump saying "Viktor Orban, has anyone ever heard of him... he's the leader of Turkey."

Jesus F Christ!
 
Last edited:
He didn’t know when he was vice president. How long are you going to keep pretending that he’s not in cognitive decline? How many imaginary encounters with dead people is it going to take before you face facts?

Nonsense. Hell, we're all suffering from Cognitive Decline after say the age of 6. I scored a combine 1450 SAT score out of high school and I know for a fact I'm nowhere near as quick as I was then. I have a lot more knowledge today though.

Maybe Biden isn't as sharp as he was ten or twenty years ago. He still makes Trump sound like a babbling feeble moron.
 
Nonsense. Hell, we're all suffering from Cognitive Decline after say the age of 6. I scored a combine 1450 SAT score out of high school and I know for a fact I'm nowhere near as quick as I was then. I have a lot more knowledge today though.

Maybe Biden isn't as sharp as he was ten or twenty years ago. He still makes Trump sound like a babbling feeble moron.

Dude. He imagines meeting people who are dead. He confused Mexico and Egypt. He isn't just slower, he's losing it. The signs are obvious.
 
Nonsense.

What's nonsense? Are you unaware that those things happened? Or are you seriously claiming they don't mean anything? I can help you correct the former, I can do nothing for you if you suffer the latter.
 
Dude. He imagines meeting people who are dead. He confused Mexico and Egypt. He isn't just slower, he's losing it. The signs are obvious.
This is all BS, distorting the facts to fit a desired narrative. Nothing suggests he losing it, especially a report that picks mistakes out of context.

Trump OTOH screws up over and over on camera, not as in the case of Biden during one or however many of interviews.
 
What's nonsense? Are you unaware that those things happened? Or are you seriously claiming they don't mean anything? I can help you correct the former, I can do nothing for you if you suffer the latter.
Some of the things you referred to have already been debunked like mixing up the name of the French Minister.

I'll wait for the dust to shake out before buying into this 'believe an assertion, not your own eyes'.
 
What's nonsense? Are you unaware that those things happened? Or are you seriously claiming they don't mean anything? I can help you correct the former, I can do nothing for you if you suffer the latter.

I've been reading you peddling this pablum for a couple of years. I've listened to him speak many many times. IMV, he sounds articulate, thoughtful, kind and intelligent. His voice in particular sounds worse than it used to though.

He is not as sharp as he used to be. I give you that. Still, he comes across more intelligent than 90 percent of the population.

And he definitely sounds more intelligent than the whining Dunning Kruger orange moron.
Seriously, have you EVER EVER heard that idiot speak honestly or intelligently about foreign policy or economics?
 
You couldn't ask for a better demonstration of the fact that even his "defenders" know how far gone he is than the fact that they keep falling back to "but Trump".
 
I know, isn't it just so strange that when someone is compared to the accepted greatest rival, they keep getting compared to that rival?
 
Trump appears to be who he is running against. That doesn't make either of them the GOAT. But this isn't an athletic event. I don't need the President to be great. I need him to be wise, have good people around him. Care about others. Biden actually is working on our behalf. Even those who voted for Trump

Trump is a criminal. A straight up con man. A lying, stealing selfish, self centered moron who has damaged this country far worse than I thought a President could. He leads a cult of stupid deluded jerks to what end? To help Trump.

I could compare Biden to the Florida or Texas dictators. But they're not running.
 
Without reading the 288 pages, can someone tell me if he lied about having them?
The answer seems to be yes but only in public, not under oath or anything.
https://edition.cnn.com/2024/02/09/...handling-of-classified-information/index.html
Mostly easily explained by actually forgetting, which is quite reasonable even if he wasn't in clear cognitive decline.


It seems as though the real legal question is whether he did it on purpose and the report seems to say, "we think so but we can't prove so no charges."

There also seems to be a lot of prejudicial language regarding Biden's memory which seems unnecessary and makes think they team was a tad bit biased.

"But trump" is unfortunately a totally valid defense of Biden. Trum did the same thing but in spades and clearly on purpose and refused to cooperate with the feds. Biden, may have done it on purpose but totally cooperated with handing them over.

ETA: Biden supporters are clearly in denial of his clear decline on the other hand, still better than Trump, less clear decline but coming from a much worse place to start.
 
Last edited:
What's nonsense? Are you unaware that those things happened? Or are you seriously claiming they don't mean anything? I can help you correct the former, I can do nothing for you if you suffer the latter.

I’m not too worried about an 81 year-old man being forgetful on occasion. You’ll need to do a lot more heavy lifting than your usual bare assertions to turn that into cognitive decline.

I’ll be over here holding my breath for your detailed analysis complete with cites from relevant authorities.
 
I’m not too worried about an 81 year-old man being forgetful on occasion.

He's forgetful about some pretty important things on a regular basis.

I’ll be over here holding my breath for your detailed analysis complete with cites from relevant authorities.

I don't need a "relevant authority" to know that when Biden mixes up Egypt and Mexico, that's not a good sign. And it's not a one-off. He does this on the regular. This isn't some esoteric subject requiring arcane knowledge and data analysis to figure out.

The excuses being thrown around here to avoid the obvious are really something.
 
Ziggaraut said:
I don't need a "relevant authority" to know that when Biden mixes up Egypt and Mexico, that's not a good sign. And it's not a one-off. He does this on the regular. This isn't some esoteric subject requiring arcane knowledge and data analysis to figure out.

The excuses being thrown around here to avoid the obvious are really something.

At least he isn’t a thin-skinned narcissist like Obama, amirite?
 
Last edited:

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom