• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

NY AG files civil fraud suit against Trump

Its not necessarily a bad thing for the judge to issue such an order.

The problem is, this recent ruling seems to be pretty narrowly focused (dealing only with the judge's staff). There doesn't seem to be any restriction on attacking the prosecutors, and maybe not even the judge himself. Trump will still have plenty of material on which to spout his typical stream of idiocy.

And the next time he does, Lord Engoron will cry, "Andarin entalluþa! Enya! Simullarianne ancálima! Etreya!" which, translated from the Quenya, means,"I tole ya oncet awreddy! Shurriff, nail his ass in a cell! 'N fast!"
 
What I absolutely love is Trump constantly whining that he doesn’t get a jury. Something he could have had if only his attorneys, specifically Alina Habba requested one. Alina Habba actually accused the judge of lying when this was pointed out to her during the trial.

What I'm curious about is this grounds for appeal. I'm sure that Trump's attorneys will make the argument that it is. But I have to wonder if in reality it actually is and if will be considered.
 
What I absolutely love is Trump constantly whining that he doesn’t get a jury. Something he could have had if only his attorneys, specifically Alina Habba requested one. Alina Habba actually accused the judge of lying when this was pointed out to her during the trial.

What I'm curious about is this grounds for appeal. I'm sure that Trump's attorneys will make the argument that it is. But I have to wonder if in reality it actually is and if will be considered.

They will try any and all possible excuses to get an appeal. They may even try to claim that he was inadequately represented.:rolleyes:
 
They will try any and all possible excuses to get an appeal. They may even try to claim that he was inadequately represented.:rolleyes:

Of course they will. And they might have grounds for inadequate representation. Especially with Alina Habba. She is beyond bad. I find it hard to believe she graduated from law school and passed the bar exam.

Hard to make this argument with Chris Kise. He had a good reputation as an attorney before he came to work for Donald. There's a reason he was paid $3 million dollars up front.

But we know this won't fly. Trump didn’t lose this case because he has bad lawyers. He lost it because the facts are against him. Hard to argue against stating that Mar a Lago is worth 20 million dollars one day and 600 million the next.
 
Trump just posted a drawing of Jesus sitting in a courtroom with him.
This was grostesque even by Trump standards.
 
Maybe the judge needs to update the gag order.

Trump posted

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

The ridiculous A.G. case against me in New York, brought by the Racist and Incompetent Peekaboo James, is being studied and mocked all over the World. Companies are Fleeing! It, and the highly political, Trump Hating Judge, are DESTROYING the Image and Reputation of the New York State Legal System & Courts. I don't even get a Jury! All of this while MURDERS & VIOLENT CRIME HIT UNIMAGINABLE RECORDS! This is sooo bad for New York. HELP! The respected Commercial Division, where it should have been sent in the first place, must take over this "sh.. show."
 
Last edited:
I think he may be trying for a mistrial, inferring that no judge could be impartial after all that. Engoron seems to be shrugging it off, perhaps assuming exactly that.
 
Trump just posted a drawing of Jesus sitting in a courtroom with him.
This was grostesque even by Trump standards.

If this article is right, it's worse than you can imagine...

The X (formerly Twitter) account where the post originated belongs to Dominick McGee, a right-wing influencer and QAnon conspiracy theorist who made headlines in July when his account was quickly reinstated after he posted child sex-abuse imagery. The notorious image was made by Peter Gerard Scully, an Australian who was sentenced to life in prison plus 129 years last year for rape, human trafficking, and the sexual abuse of children as young as 18 months. After some of McGee’s more than half a million followers complained that he was banned over his politics, X owner Elon Musk stepped in to reinstate him.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2023/10/trumps-jesus-court-sketch-is-even-worse-than-it-looks.html
 
I think he may be trying for a mistrial, inferring that no judge could be impartial after all that. Engoron seems to be shrugging it off, perhaps assuming exactly that.

That's not really how that works. Judges becoming biased against people for their conduct during a trial is not considered improper.
 
I think he may be trying for a mistrial, inferring that no judge could be impartial after all that. Engoron seems to be shrugging it off, perhaps assuming exactly that.
Or he's getting more desperate the closer he feels the walls of a jail cell closing in.

I just listened to an hour on NPR on violence by wannabe dictators. They played Trump's speeches and internet posts increasingly calling for violent solutions.

The judges' (all of them) options:
Nothing - not working
Increasing fines - he just asserted he had a $45 million haul of donations this month - fines are going to do nothing - are there any FCC rules on using donations for personal legal fines? - like another charge is going to matter
Jail - that's got serious issues to consider - his campaigning and the secret service​

Trump is getting seriously more dangerous.


Edited to add link: I can't get to a specific link yet but look for the following on "On Point" on NPR.
OCTOBER 5, 2023
Is Donald Trump normalizing political violence in America?
When Donald Trump suggested that General Mark Milley should be executed, it was the latest in a long line of violent rhetoric from the former president.

It's 30 minutes well worth everyone's time, IMO of course.
 
Last edited:
What I absolutely love is Trump constantly whining that he doesn’t get a jury. Something he could have had if only his attorneys, specifically Alina Habba requested one. Alina Habba actually accused the judge of lying when this was pointed out to her during the trial.

What I'm curious about is this grounds for appeal. I'm sure that Trump's attorneys will make the argument that it is. But I have to wonder if in reality it actually is and if will be considered.

Interesting. Alina may be correct. While neither the prosecution nor defense requested a jury trial, it may well not have been available if Trump had requested one.

https://news.yahoo.com/did-trumps-lawyers-forget-check-003500909.html

From the Snopes article carried by Yahoo.
As a result there exists a firm legal argument that this case was never eligible for a jury trial in the first place. As Schoen noted, however, there is no reason why the Trump legal team could not have at least attempted to do so, as First American Corporation did in their failed appeal for a jury trial in 2011.
 
I'm thinking they didn't request a jury trial because Trump didn't think he could get a sympathetic jury; now he can piss and moan to the media and also too may have ground for an appeal.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom