novaphile
Quester of Doglets
In terms of car ads in Australia, there was definitely a sudden point when things changed.
IIRC, there was a prices and income survey that revealed that same sex couples tended to have high household income and a lot of disposable cash.
Suddenly ads for SUVs would feature two very clean-cut guys with bicycles, or dogs...
I'm not sure if it was one ad company, or advertisers copying each other, but I remember wondering at the time if there was a new rule that said that gay guys had to buy Dalmations...

Currently there is a commercial for something that mentions 'the van life' and shows two girls sharing a bed in the back of a camper...
I think there was a bit of twit-storm when it first started happening, but didn't get very far...
IIRC, there was a prices and income survey that revealed that same sex couples tended to have high household income and a lot of disposable cash.
Suddenly ads for SUVs would feature two very clean-cut guys with bicycles, or dogs...
I'm not sure if it was one ad company, or advertisers copying each other, but I remember wondering at the time if there was a new rule that said that gay guys had to buy Dalmations...
Currently there is a commercial for something that mentions 'the van life' and shows two girls sharing a bed in the back of a camper...
I think there was a bit of twit-storm when it first started happening, but didn't get very far...