The turbulent solar wind you mean?
The ones with Birkeland currents threaded thru it? The ones with the electron current running toward the sun nested with the ion current?
Or at least the ion current is the outer layer as per Don Scott’s model.
Really and all honesty, all I’ve read the mainstream have ignored...no wait that’s not quite correct. Have not been able to observe and therefore model them.
MHD is not the best it seems especially for electrons.
Also
If I recall correctly Volwerk had a dummy spit on the Rosetta mag data for lack of resolution.
You have had quite the few probes fly straight thru a Birkeland current.
Ulysses has been up there with the best.
Comets tails are a great example. The Rosetta RPC and Ulysses data are pretty bloody good.
Chuck in a bit of the Sun, Jupiter and Saturn probes data and its shop shut.
The solar wind is not some homogeneous quasi neutral “wind”.
It’s of course a turbulent plasma threaded with
Birkeland currentS.
Only a complete numpty would think that. I’m sure it’s not what you thought, jd116.