• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Drag Shows!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm amused at your attempt to spin what Robin said into what you certainly and strongly implied he said. Asking someone 'why' they think something is not 'attempting to police his thoughts'. It's attempting to understand that person's thinking.

Bollocks, utter bollocks. It's a clear attempt to set the poster up for a barrage of thinly veiled insults.
 
Yes I know, I said as much.

I know exactly what drag queen story hours means in the context of your request.

If you know exactly what I meant, then why did you give me an example that had zero to do with DQSH?

"...in the context of [my] request"? The context of my request was very clear: Drag Queen Story Hours. Yet I'm getting links to all kinds of drag related stories but none to DQSHs.

Let's say nobody can come up with an example entirely specific to your narrow request. What does that mean?


It means that no one can give me a single example of any child being harmed by attending a DQSH.
 
Bollocks, utter bollocks. It's a clear attempt to set the poster up for a barrage of thinly veiled insults.

Bollocks, utter bollocks. You post is a clear attempt to spin what Robin said.

I expect you will now continue to argue this. I'm not interested.
 
I couldn't care less and stated as much in my qualifier. I didn't post the link for any other reason than it was requested. Don't assume and try to apportion a position that I don't hold, especially when I've made it clear why I've responded in the way I did.

Actually not. You posted a link that had absolutely nothing to do with my request.
 
If you know exactly what I meant, then why did you give me an example that had zero to do with DQSH?

Are you really going down the, "no true drag queen" route? I made it clear that my post didn't conform to your extremely narrow criteria and the foregoing question explains why.

"...in the context of [my] request"? The context of my request was very clear: Drag Queen Story Hours. Yet I'm getting links to all kinds of drag related stories but none to DQSHs.
Stop playing games.

It means that no one can give me a single example of any child being harmed by attending a DQSH.

That's it? What does the fact that no one has been able to give you an example mean? C'mon, out with it....
 
Last edited:
I didn't say that you said he wasn't allowed!

I'm amused at your level of entitlement. I'm amused that you're attempting to police his thoughts.
Police his thoughts????

Of course I didn't do anything even remotely like that, as well you know

I don't know what possesses people like you to lie like that.
 
There have been a not-insignificant number of drag-storytime performers who have subsequently been arrested for either sex offenses against children or for possession of child pornography.
Not all of them, sure. But enough to be more than a one-off "oopsie!".
I await your evidence for this claim.
 
Serious question - is such a check legally required for that type of event? Thinking of it as a performance there is no requirement on theatres and so on in the UK. It also depends on whether the parents/guardians are there. I suspect that drag time story hour would not require a check in the UK, it would fall under something like the "....teaching or training a child as a one-off in the company of parents does not require a DBS check... " exception.
I'm involved with Cider Dojo and visiting presenters don't need to be vetted. Regular volunteers are.
 
Cross dressing is fun. Widow Twankey, the Principle Boy, Some Like it Hot, Jethrine Beaudine, going fancy dress as a cheerleader. How's it not fun? Why's that even controversial?
 
Last edited:
Dear me, are we creeping towards coining a new fallacy, "No true drag queen"?

It's a pity that we may be because, since and only since you asked, this very high profile drag queens alledged behaviour makes pretty grim reading.

Please note the submission this link is as a response to your request and is not indicative of any stance on Drag Queen Story Hour the poster may have, so reel yer ******* necks in.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/drag-...-a-15-year-old-superfan-and-they-werent-alone
A two year old tabloid story with seemingly no subsequent progression. :rolleyes:
And not an answer to the question posed either.
 
Police his thoughts????

Of course I didn't do anything even remotely like that, as well you know.

Correct, but you were looking to.

I don't know what possesses people like you to lie like that.

People like me? People who can read your entire contribution in this thread thus far? People who can see the adversarial way you've been interacting with the poster in question? People who can read between the lines when you are conversing with other interlocutors? People who can read the nuances in your responses? People who know you won't give an inch to anybody who is not in lockstep with the largely accepted opinion in this thread?

If that's what a liar is then I'm a liar. What does that make you?
 
Last edited:
A two year old tabloid story with seemingly no subsequent progression. :rolleyes:
And not an answer to the question posed either.

We've covered this and like I said in my original post, and I quote it again for affect.

Reel yer ******* necks in.
 
I already pointed out that generations of children have been traditionally entertained by men in over the top flamboyant female attire.
Generations of children were also traditionally entertained by white people in over the top exaggerated black attire.
You're equating Pantomime with blackface now????
 
Last edited:
There have been a not-insignificant number of drag-storytime performers who have subsequently been arrested for either sex offenses against children or for possession of child pornography.

Not all of them, sure. But enough to be more than a one-off "oopsie!".
Supply the list so we can check.
 
Last edited:
The part that interests me about your statement, is that I believe most of the people associating homosexuality with drag, in this thread, are liberals.

I don't see it like that. I just see cross-dressing weirdos.

The stated purpose of the group is to bring acceptance of LGBTQ and “LGBTQ panic” doesn’t flow as well.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom