The highlighted describe the actual colour (or a surname) the "Brown Bag Lunch" doesn't actually refer to the colour of the lunch bag (though I guess it might in some cases) So can easily be renamed. Personally, I'd recommend organising the employees' times such that they did't have to do any work/meetings at all over lunch, but there you go.
As to being triggered by colours as a symbol of racism, I recall reading a piece by a person of african extraction complaining, amongs other things, that the white stick figure on a black background of the "walk" lights on UK pedestrian crossings was a symbol of racism. I wish I could provide a link, but it was a year or so ago and I didn't take a huge amount of notice. It was on "The Atlantic" website if anyone wants to hunt it down.
So yes, it could have been the subject of a complaint, and the person doing the complaining no doubt considered themselves "woke" to systemic racism. Were the organisation being "Woke"? If there was an actual complaint then probably not. If they did it as a result of an internal attempt to be politically correct then yes.