• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

The Russian Invasion of the Ukraine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The streetlights in Mariupol just went out, reports of landing ships coming off the Sea of Azov.

Big boom near the town of Severodoneskt and there's a big plume of smoke there now.

Reports of booms in Kyiv, one as a BBC reporter was on-air.
 
Last edited:
Georgia must be calling up asking for its NATO application to be finalized ASAP.

Taiwan will probably be calling too.
 
everything I have seen so far on the news makes me think Ukraine is really not going to be able to put up much of a fight. I think he will take over, the UN will rule it illegal and then a year will go by and nothing else will happen. As long as he doesn't attack a Nato member I dont think the west will do much at all.
 
Well, those who thought that this is just tactics and posturing were wrong, and the US intelligence information completely correct. Not to talk about the few Putin apologists on this site. A powerful state attacks its weaker neighbour in order to get more Lebensraum. I guess we have seen this before.
 
Russian troops have landed at Odessa.

So much for operations being in eastern Ukraine.

Now where are all the Putin defenders who said the idea of Russia invading Ukraine was laughable?

There is war in Europe.. :(
 
Russian troops have landed at Odessa.

So much for operations being in eastern Ukraine.

Now where are all the Putin defenders who said the idea of Russia invading Ukraine was laughable?

There is war in Europe.. :(

I'm not sure if they've landed in Odessa. It's being reported here and there, but I'm looking at a live cam and they have street sweepers out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWKjaA-wNho&ab_channel=OdessaONLINE

It's really odd to be able to follow thing like this with livecams and such.

Tons of fake videos out there as well.
 
I'm not sure if they've landed in Odessa. It's being reported here and there, but I'm looking at a live cam and they have street sweepers out.

I doubt they would land at the city harbour and march through downtown.

But of course, there will always be a fog of war this early in the conflict, even with the availability of cams. Time will tell.
 
I doubt they would land at the city harbour and march through downtown.

But of course, there will always be a fog of war this early in the conflict, even with the availability of cams. Time will tell.

That's true - but this one has sound. Those explosions really carry. That said, you're right. Russia had invasion fleets in the Black Sea and the sea of Azov. They could totally go for Odessa.
 
https://twitter.com/ChristopherJM/status/1496717309163020293?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1496717309163020293%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.redditmedia.com%2Fmediaembed%2Fliveupdate%2F18hnzysb1elcs%2FLiveUpdate_6735a9ae-9532-11ec-9933-fa40f134f59e%2F0
Ukraine Interior Ministry update: The state border of Ukraine was attacked by Russian troops from Russia and Belarus at about 5am. Attacks on border units, border patrols and checkpoints are carried out with the use of artillery, heavy equipment and small arms.
 
Russian troops have landed at Odessa.

So much for operations being in eastern Ukraine.

Now where are all the Putin defenders who said the idea of Russia invading Ukraine was laughable?
There is war in Europe.. :(

Waiting for further instructions and propaganda talking points from RT and MOA?
 
Last edited:
How many Ukrainian "dissidents" will be in concentration camps before "never again" is invoked?
 
Ukrainian authorities say troops landing in Odessa is fake news.
 
Experts are saying that Americans will face $8-a-gallon fuel at the pumps as this invasion gets deeper into Ukraine, beyond Donbas.
? Because?

Where are these "experts," who sound like Chicken Little?
 
This honorary member of the old Lincoln Brigade that fought the fascists in Spain knows that honoring their graves, as I do and have done, is tin soldier posturing if I cannot sign up for the same mission when it's my turn. Turns out I am too old by a decade for the volunteer forces in Ukraine, and more likely a burden on the battlefield. Would've left for Ukraine two weeks ago, as I quite nearly did, but could not join. Damn.

This is the defining war of this generation. If Americans, Brits, French and Germans were genuine supporters of democracy, Ukraine would not have needed NATO membership for the security it was promised. This timid response will guarantee that Taiwan will fall as well. Once the dust settles, the Cowardly New World can enjoy bowing and scraping, starting with the 74 million yeller bellies who voted for Trump and now cheer snuffing out freedom.

Any Whine boy Yank making his silly way round these streets better think twice from now on. One wiff of Trumpster, sad ending for another yeller belly, no heads up.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom