I don't pretend to know if Russia will actually do anything, but the rhetoric is still intensifying.
The Russian Defense Minister is claiming that American mercenaries are going to use chemical weapons in Donbass:
https://twitter.com/TadeuszGiczan/status/1473252813773975554
This is an interesting tweet thread on the subject:
Allow me to explain why
There is also talk of reducing the U.S. to radioactive ash, that coming from pro-Russian TV talking heads, at least not directly from the government. This repeats a meme they broke out in 2014.
Like I said, I don't have any magic predictive ability, the but situation still appears to be escalating. It is very clear that Ukrainian sovereignty and the will of the Ukrainian people are utterly meaningless to Russia.
The Russian Defense Minister is claiming that American mercenaries are going to use chemical weapons in Donbass:
https://twitter.com/TadeuszGiczan/status/1473252813773975554
This is an interesting tweet thread on the subject:
In the last few weeks, I have become increasingly convinced that Kremlin has unfortunately made a decision to invade Ukraine later this winter. While it is still possible for Putin to deescalate, I believe the likelihood is now quite low.
Allow me to explain why
75% of Russia’s total battalion tactical groups have been moved. Artillery, air defense units, tanks, APCs, bridge-laying equipment, mine clearers, armored excavators, engineering equipment, refueling, huge amount of logistics, etc.
This is a massive mobilization and a clear preparation for an extensive invasion, not a bluff. You also can’t keep all this equipment, troops and logistics there forever.
@RALee85
thinks they would have to pull back by summer at the latest
There is also talk of reducing the U.S. to radioactive ash, that coming from pro-Russian TV talking heads, at least not directly from the government. This repeats a meme they broke out in 2014.
Like I said, I don't have any magic predictive ability, the but situation still appears to be escalating. It is very clear that Ukrainian sovereignty and the will of the Ukrainian people are utterly meaningless to Russia.