• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Cont: Corona Virus Conspiracy Theories Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Berenson wrote some espionage-type thrillers, page-turners that are adequate airplane reading. I had read a few of his paperbacks, and it was going in a little bit of a red-pilled direction as I recall. I won't be reading anything else that he writes, that's for sure.
 
silly appeals to false authority

Maybe let's not take advice on viruses from a guy with degrees in history and economics?

I mean, would we listen to "Yale Graduate, Harvard MBA and former President" George Bush about epidemiology? Or "Yale Graduate, Harvard Law JD" Ted Cruz? Or "kick-ass guitar player" Ted Nugent? Or whatever Robert Kennedy is?
 
Maybe let's not take advice on viruses from a guy with degrees in history and economics?

I mean, would we listen to "Yale Graduate, Harvard MBA and former President" George Bush about epidemiology? Or "Yale Graduate, Harvard Law JD" Ted Cruz? Or "kick-ass guitar player" Ted Nugent? Or whatever Robert Kennedy is?

You forgot that noted medical authority, Joe Rogan.
 
When are you going to answer the questions, politely put to you, and of which, you have been politely reminded about? Any one of them, two, if you'd indulge us.

Please, Tom?

[me and Foster, chilling on the sofa, waiting for an answer]

'Man, I don't think he's coming.'

'Don't worry dude, he promised he wouldn't tell any more lies, he'll come!'


'He didn't come, did he?]

Come on Tom, be a sport. Answer one or two of the questions posed in the last 20 posts and be honest, not to us, but to yourself.
 
Last edited:
When are you going to answer the questions, politely put to you, and of which, you have been politely reminded about? Any one of them, two, if you'd indulge us.

Please, Tom?

[me and Foster, chilling on the sofa, waiting for an answer]

'Man, I don't think he's coming.'

'Don't worry dude, he promised he wouldn't tell any more lies, he'll come!'


'He didn't come, did he?]

Come on Tom, be a sport. Answer one or two of the questions posed in the last 20 posts and be honest, not to us, but to yourself.

Tom has no answers of his own. If he cannot find an answer/response on one of his CT websites his only option is silence.
 
It's truly shocking to see Libertarians fail to grasp reality.
Totally. I once had a CTist refuse to accept 5th grade math, showing that more people hospitalized could be vaccinated than not, while at the same time vaccinations were effective at keeping people out of the hospital. The percentage of the vaccinated who were hospitalized compared to unvaccinated can be low, but if the number of vaccinated is high enough, most people hospitalized will be vaccinated. (I hope I got that right, I’m a mere music major.)

It was nothing more than addition, subtraction, and percentages, and this person could not accept the conclusions based on mere math. Stunning.
 
Totally. I once had a CTist refuse to accept 5th grade math, showing that more people hospitalized could be vaccinated than not, while at the same time vaccinations were effective at keeping people out of the hospital. The percentage of the vaccinated who were hospitalized compared to unvaccinated can be low, but if the number of vaccinated is high enough, most people hospitalized will be vaccinated. (I hope I got that right, I’m a mere music major.)

It was nothing more than addition, subtraction, and percentages, and this person could not accept the conclusions based on mere math. Stunning.

Math/arithmetic is logical. The minds of CTists do not work on logic. The concept is quite beyond them.
 
I am skeptical about the Huffington Post assertion that Covid-19 or one of its alleged variants killed a snow leopard.

If I were really concerned about this, I would seek the opinion of someone who has credibility with me, like Kit Knightly.

Tom has no answers of his own. If he cannot find an answer/response on one of his CT websites his only option is silence.

It is ironic that Tom, like so many of his ilk, constantly urges us to 'think for ourselves', yet cannot voice an opinion that has not been spoon-fed to him by a conspiracy website.
The way he runs from questions and critiques is also telling. I guess the thinking is that, if you keep running and don't look back, you can fool yourself that you are winning the debate, and that your reasoning and evidence are sound.
 
Here's a good example of how the covid CTmongers fail.

Canadian COVID-19 vaccine study seized on by anti-vaxxers — highlighting dangers of early research in pandemic (cbc.ca)
A Canadian study that vastly underestimated the protection COVID-19 vaccines provide against the Omicron variant is being revised — but not before it spread widely on social media by anti-vaxxers, academics and even the creators of the Russian Sputnik V vaccine.

The Ontario preprint study, which has not yet been peer reviewed, suggested that any three doses of mRNA COVID-19 vaccines were just 37 per cent effective against Omicron infection, while two doses actually showed negative protection.

The preprint has been shared on Twitter more than 15,000 times in the two weeks since it's been published, according to Altmetric, a company that tracks where published research is posted online. That's in the top five per cent of all research it's ever tracked.

First, it's a stupid conspiracy that contradicts itself by publishing papers that undermine its intentions in the first place, but this is what CTmongers would have us believe. They tell us that everyone is in on it, and yet any bit of data they can distort to support their nonsense must be the truth. So science is crooked as hell, they say, but wait, look at my misinterpretation of this paper that must be absolutely true.

In fact, science is a messy, awkward enterprise that's not perfect at every (or any) step. In the paper in question, the results made no sense, could not be corroborated, so they had to be reexamined, which is what the author proceeded to do. This is how science sometimes works.

It's common for nutbars to cherry pick abandoned remnants of the scientific process and pretend that they represent a viable "side" in a "science debate", but they merely prove that their nonsense is nonsensical.
 
in a crowded field

In April of this year The Atlantic dubbed Alex Berenson the pandemic's wrongest man (this link is an interview with Derek Thompson, the author of the article at The Atlantic). To be the wrongest man is an impressive accomplishment considering the competition.
 
Last edited:
https://www.projectveritas.com/news...of-function-contradict-fauci-testimony-under/

The veritas link doesn't do justice to the alleged USMC major's report which alleges a lot of stuff in the report.

Ah, you mean this group (from Wiki):

"The group produces deceptively edited videos[15] of its undercover operations,[7] which use secret recordings[7] in an effort to discredit mainstream media organizations and progressive groups.[21][22] Project Veritas also uses entrapment[14] to generate bad publicity for its targets,[4] and has propagated disinformation[3] and conspiracy theories[30] in its videos and operations."


I think the answer to your question is *everything*.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom