• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Cont: The Biden Presidency Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
A poll showed Trump beating Biden tomorrow is still subject to three years of possibility. What's remarkable horrifying is that Trump still enjoys new-normal approval/disapproval ratings after a disastrous term and an attempted coup.

FTFY
 
A poll showed Trump beating Biden tomorrow is still subject to three years of possibility. What's remarkable is that Trump still enjoys new-normal approval/disapproval ratings after a disastrous term and an attempted coup.

And polls mean something? Trump can only win by electoral college votes, not popular votes. In fact most of the Republican candidates have failed the popular vote, after Reagan. So you need to win all the battleground states like in 2016. But the popular vote is still reflected in states like Pennsylvania. It has 20 electoral votes. The little states easily fall to Trump if battleground states, the big ones do not.
 
That's why Bernie beat Biden in the primaries and became the Dem nominee.

Oh, wait.....
...because the DP is so famous for its responsiveness to the will of its people, of course! :rolleyes:

(The more relevant point in this thread right now, and the reason why I phrased my earlier sentence the same way you had phrased yours, is not a rehash of the primaries, but the deeply bizarre behavior of a handful of Bernie-obsessed people here bringing him up over & over & over & over again in situations where nobody else had said anything that had anything to do with him in any way. And, as everybody here can easily see by just scrolling up a few inches, that's you, but, of course, each time you do it, it's in the form of falsely accusing somebody else of doing what you're doing. Why are you still so fixated on Bernie? Why can't you just let it go and join the rest of us in the present? Why can't you just let a conversation that doesn't involve him just carry on without being about him? And if you simply must until the day you die keep trying so hard to push him into everything and make everything about him, why accuse others of doing it who, as everybody here can already easily see, clearly aren't the ones who are actually doing it?)

A poll showed Trump beating Biden tomorrow is still subject to three years of possibility.
There are signs of Trump's support slowly slipping. I just saw, I think a week ago, that 61% of Republicans now want somebody else in their party to run next time. (That's combining those who don't want Trump to run at all and those who want him to run but have competitors.) He's getting well under a quarter, and sometimes closer to a tenth, of the projected attendance at his events, with a lot of even those who do go leaving early, and he's started cancelling them because it's getting worse. Of course, Biden's slipping, too, but he's still in office, which means he still has the ability to turn it around, so if he doesn't, it will only be by his choice.

What's remarkable is that Trump still enjoys new-normal approval/disapproval ratings after a disastrous term and an attempted coup.
Obviously, his support comes from people who consider his term non-disastrous. The coup attempt is the more interesting part because they're split between those who admit what it obviously was and are proud of it and say they need to try again, and those who think a coup would be bad but swear it wasn't really what it obviously was.

The latest couple of interviews I've seen with rally-goers about the coup attempt were especially revealing...

One simply stated that her proof that the J6 rioters couldn't possibly have been real Republicans was that, quite simply, no Republican would act that way. That kind of behavior is what leftist radicals do, not her people. And I know how she got that impression; where she lives, she's probably never met the kind who would. I spent years living in conservative areas too, and I never met such loons either. One of the main things working in this country's favor on the question of civil war is how much of the Republican base is her type, not the J6 type. The latter will never have the former's support, which keeps their numbers limited (though they do have their non-opposition by denial). And this was somebody who actually went to a Trump rally, which by itself makes her Trumpier than most Trump voters; the coup attempters were a tiny fraction, not just of all Trump voters, but even of even the type that's enthusiastic enough to actually go to a Trump event.

The other answered to the reporter's questions about the coup attempt in terms of some of the usual predictable conspiracy theories, but the noteworthy thing about it was how she did it. First she'd do that hard cough-like gasp and a facial expression somewhere between shock and bewilderment and pain at even being asked such distressing questions. During that delay she'd come up with the kind of answer she was supposed to give, but the strain she was under to do so was palpable. The cracks are showing, like when someone who isn't totally buying his/her religion anymore and might be about to leave but hasn't left yet; they still say they're completely faithful but they also know that their answers to the challenging questions aren't cutting it.
 
...because the DP is so famous for its responsiveness to the will of its people, of course! :rolleyes:

LOL! Are you seriously claiming that the DP somehow controlled who people voted for in the primaries? If Dems had wanted Bernie instead of Biden, they'd have voted for him. Maybe the voting machines switched votes or a lot of dead people were voting for Biden instead.

(The more relevant point in this thread right now, and the reason why I phrased my earlier sentence the same way you had phrased yours, is not a rehash of the primaries, but the deeply bizarre behavior of a handful of Bernie-obsessed people here bringing him up over & over & over & over again in situations where nobody else had said anything that had anything to do with him in any way. And, as everybody here can easily see by just scrolling up a few inches, that's you, but, of course, each time you do it, it's in the form of falsely accusing somebody else of doing what you're doing. Why are you still so fixated on Bernie? Why can't you just let it go and join the rest of us in the present? Why can't you just let a conversation that doesn't involve him just carry on without being about him? And if you simply must until the day you die keep trying so hard to push him into everything and make everything about him, why accuse others of doing it who, as everybody here can already easily see, clearly aren't the ones who are actually doing it?)

Oh, please! A couple people here are continually ragging on Biden because they're disaffected Bernie supporters, including you. You've been doing it since the primaries with accusations of Biden having dementia. Hell, you and some of the others even claimed his family and former Dem primary candidates who later endorsed him knew he had dementia but were that scared of Sanders winning! (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=13013917#post13013917)
There were claims that Biden lied about his first wife's accident, and this same group was all over the Tara Reade story. This continual crap about Biden is because some people can't let the fact Bernie lost go, as your ludicrous remark that "Bernie was who people actually wanted" supports.

Don't pee on my leg and tell me I'm the one doing it.
 
What would Bernie even be doing differently from Biden, at this point? Nationalizing vaccine production? Prosecuting Donald Trump? Warning China off Taiwan, or Russia off Ukraine? Lifting the Cuban embargo? Running black ops against right wing insurrectionists? Ruthlessly enforcing federal firearms restrictions? Giving Vice President Harris something useful to do, and helping her succeed in doing it?
 
What would Bernie even be doing differently from Biden, at this point? Nationalizing vaccine production? Prosecuting Donald Trump? Warning China off Taiwan, or Russia off Ukraine? Lifting the Cuban embargo? Running black ops against right wing insurrectionists? Ruthlessly enforcing federal firearms restrictions? Giving Vice President Harris something useful to do, and helping her succeed in doing it?

An example of a main difference might be that he'd likely be more outspoken about overhauling health care. The Republicans and Manchin/Sinema would fairly certainly be blocking that push, too, though, too. Warren's "turning herself into Hillary" claims fairly certainly had much to do with, for example, her trying to map out an actually realistic path to improving healthcare, rather than being as willing to overpromise.
 
This continual crap about Biden is because some people can't let the fact Bernie lost go
The first mention of Bernie on this page was this:

Some people need to get over Bernie losing.

So, maybe, if it's us who are obsessed with Bernie, not you, then you must have been responding to something one of us said that had something to do with him in some way shortly before that, right? But no, he and anything else about him didn't come up on the previous page either, or the previous one... in fact, the last time the subject had come up at all was 28,190 posts before... and oh, look, what a shock... it was another case of one of you bringing him up when we hadn't and he hadn't been the subject or even mentioned at all lately, and this was in the form of not just in any kind of assertion in general, but... wait for it...

I think the Bernie supporters will never,ever forgive Biden for defeating Bernie in the primaries.
...wow, it was another false accusation of one of us of doing what the accuser was actually doing! Who could possibly have seen that coming?!
 
Because the DP were so scared of Bernie that they, and his family, supported and endorsed a man they knew had dementia!
I know what this is about. Biden has been neutered, trapped by Manchinema's recalcitrance, Republican obstructionism, looks like the Supreme Court is going to start striking down all of his executive orders beginning with the vaccine mandates, and Dem incumbents are fleeing the midterms like rats off a sinking ship. The Democrats are in a real bind, and as ever when they are in a bind, their main reaction is to blame it all on progressives for wanting more than the status quo.

What would Bernie even be doing differently from Biden, at this point?
Not much, tbh. Most of the limiting factors are external to the administration, but Bernie might have been leaning on executive orders more heavily. He would certainly be putting up more of a fight about it, at least, and in a political environment dominated by rhetoric over results that's sometimes enough. Biden's master plan seems to have been to say "hey guys, knock it off, okay?" and when that failed to work, he had nothing. I think the Democrats are going to lose heavily in the midterms not because they've accomplished almost nothing, but because they don't even seem upset by that. The party line has been "just shut up and accept that nothing is getting better," and it's going to be a rude awakening when voters find that a callous and uncaring attitude and don't bother showing up to the polls.
 
Last edited:
That's why Bernie beat Biden in the primaries and became the Dem nominee.

Oh, wait.....

I think Biden pretty much won on name recognition. If he hadn't entered the race I could see Sanders winning the general. And certainly Sanders would be much more active than Biden, who isn't doing much of anything to sell what's ostensibly his own damn agenda, let alone rebut Republican smears.

Criticisms regarding rising inflation, Manchin/Sinema, the filibuster, COVID-19, voting rights...that's a bit much for the average voter to take in at once. Republicans almost always have a narrative going about what the country is experiencing, and if they have to pull one out of their ass they'll do so with conviction. Democrats need to craft a coherent and consistent account of what's going on right now and a clear message of their agenda.
 
Manchin is blaming other Democrats for his decision to vote against even the sliver that was left of BBB in the end, saying they drove him away from their position by hounding and badgering him too much, thinking they could control him by harassing him into submission. He apparently had to vote against them just to prove to them that he wasn't their lackey.

No, Joe, they were going easy on you. Your state didn't have other Democrats crawling all over it giving public speeches & interviews & op-eds all day every day about what was in the bill that the people wanted and you were blocking from them. Both you and your daughter are neither in jail for your & her corruption, including the cases that are pretty much a direct attack on the peasants, nor even being seriously "investigated". And that's all while the people who wanted your vote on the bill kept making one change after another in your direction desperately begging for your approval. That's not just not being pestered too meanly; it's being coddled. (And the fact that he says this at all, along with how he says it, shows quite clearly which party he thinks of as his real enemy, whether he ever admits it by officially switching parties or not.)

Meanwhile, the last thing that's been heard from both Biden and Jayapal was that they were still saying they'd somehow get something done on BBB, with Manchin saying not only that he's already decided but also that they haven't actually come and tried to talk to him about it lately anyway. So, when they say the process is still ongoing and they'll get "something" eventually, it's just a show they're putting on for somebody else.
 
Yeah, the plating of this turd sandwich is much more graceful

Some people need to get over Bernie losing.

Beyond parody.

The first mention of Bernie on this page was this:



So, maybe, if it's us who are obsessed with Bernie, not you, then you must have been responding to something one of us said that had something to do with him in some way shortly before that, right? But no, he and anything else about him didn't come up on the previous page either, or the previous one... in fact, the last time the subject had come up at all was 28,190 posts before... and oh, look, what a shock... it was another case of one of you bringing him up when we hadn't and he hadn't been the subject or even mentioned at all lately, and this was in the form of not just in any kind of assertion in general, but... wait for it...

...wow, it was another false accusation of one of us of doing what the accuser was actually doing! Who could possibly have seen that coming?!

As I already said, it's the continual bad mouthing of Biden by people like Suburban Turkey as quoted above that I respond to. That is the only time I refer to getting over Bernie. I think I've said it a total of two or three times in 77 pages. SB doesn't need to refer to Sanders by name to know why he, et al. are doing this. Do you think I say "Some people need to get over Bernie losing" just for the hell of it for no reason?

I said it here, too, because of the constant bad mouthing of anything Biden does or doesn't do by the same lot of Berne Bros who were claiming he has dementia and a conspiracy against Sanders by Biden's family, the Dem Party, and former primary candidates to put him in the White House.

http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=13578613#post13578613


You continue the nonsense with your claims that 'Bernie was who the people really wanted" and that it was the "Dem Party" who prevented him from getting the nomination. Why not go all the way again and tell us there was a conspiracy against Sanders by them and prominent Democrat Congress members to put a knowingly dementia riddled man in the Oval Office instead?
 
Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Because the DP were so scared of Bernie that they, and his family, supported and endorsed a man they knew had dementia!

I know what this is about. Biden has been neutered, trapped by Manchinema's recalcitrance, Republican obstructionism, looks like the Supreme Court is going to start striking down all of his executive orders beginning with the vaccine mandates, and Dem incumbents are fleeing the midterms like rats off a sinking ship. The Democrats are in a real bind, and as ever when they are in a bind, their main reaction is to blame it all on progressives for wanting more than the status quo.

That conspiracy claim was made way back during the primaries so nothing you mentioned above is relevant to it.
 
it's the continual bad mouthing of Biden... SB doesn't need to refer to Sanders by name to know why he, et al. are doing this... the constant bad mouthing of anything Biden does or doesn't do...
So you see people do one thing and call it another completely unrelated thing... and treat the equation of the two as completely automatic, as if the former couldn't possibly be done without the latter even when you're looking at an example of the former with none of the latter anywhere around and the actual reason for the former (actual disapproval of what Biden has actually done) usually given right there with it in the same post... because of course there's no possible way The Great And Holy Biden could just do something that somebody who disagrees with him might disapprove of.

That's either lying or thoroughly delusional.

Do you think I say "Some people need to get over Bernie losing" just for the hell of it for no reason?
I don't need to "think" it. Direct observation trumps theory. Your posts (and a couple of other people's) are visible and in a language I can read, so I can see it happening right here in the words & sentences on the forum, over & over again... including the lack of reason, because if anybody else here were carrying on & on about Bernie or showing any other sign of having given Bernie a moment's thought at all before yall did that once again (and again and again), I'd see that, and it just isn't there.

"I can read minds so I know what you're thinking but not writing" is not a reason.

"I'm so obsessed with Bernie and/or the last primaries that I can't imagine the possibility of a thought process that doesn't involve Bernie hiding behind every bush so that must be how other people's minds work too" is not a reason.

"I just hate progressives so much I'll latch onto any recurring anti-progressive meme I can find to lash out at progressives with" is not a reason.
 
Last edited:
So you see people do one thing and call it another completely unrelated thing... and treat the equation of the two as completely automatic, as if the former couldn't possibly be done without the latter even when you're looking at an example of the former with none of the latter anywhere around and the actual reason for the former (actual disapproval of what Biden has actually done) usually given right there with it in the same post... because of course there's no possible way The Great And Holy Biden could just do something that somebody who disagrees with him might disapprove of.

I see you, et al. do one thing consistently for going on two years which is to bash Biden for everything he does starting with the primaries and the idiotic claims of dementia and an anti-Sanders conspiracy among his family, the DP and Congress members to recently telling us that Sanders is 'who the people really wanted' and call it what it is. Your disdain comes out in almost every post you et al. make. " The Great And Holy Biden", "Some people need to get over the fact that Bernie was who people actually wanted. (...and/or the fact that Biden keeps proving us right.)", "The latest news with the Big Bad Blunder bill is that, not only has Biden done the hatchet job on it that was predictable from him since before the election", etc. About the only thing I haven't seen you snipe at Biden about is the Afghanistan withdrawal.
That's either lying or thoroughly delusional.

Or maybe, you just need to look in a mirror. Or go back over your own posts.

I don't need to "think" it. Direct observation trumps theory. Your posts (and a couple of other people's) are visible and in a language I can read, so I can see it happening right here in the words & sentences on the forum, over & over again... including the lack of reason, because if anybody else here were carrying on & on about Bernie or showing any other sign of having given Bernie a moment's thought at all before yall did that once again (and again and again), I'd see that, and it just isn't there.

"I can read minds so I know what you're thinking but not writing" is not a reason.
"I'm so obsessed with Bernie and/or the last primaries that I can't imagine the possibility of a thought process that doesn't involve Bernie hiding behind every bush so that must be how other people's minds work too" is not a reason.
"I just hate progressives so much I'll latch onto any recurring anti-progressive meme I can find to lash out at progressives with" is not a reason.

Lessee here, in the first highlighted you say that I think I can read minds and that 'reading minds' is not a reason. You immediately follow that up with two claims of being able to read my mind and to know what I'm thinking. And you failed at both. Good job.

I'm done with this subject. It's become a bore not only for me, but I'm sure for everyone else. So go ahead, get your last comments in so you can have the last word but I won't be responding. Toodles.
 
I see you, et al. do one thing consistently for going on two years which is to bash Biden for everything he does
Your claim has been that it's about Bernie. Where's the part where criticizing Biden has anything to do with that?

Your disdain comes out in almost every post you et al. make.
Your claim has been that it's about Bernie. Where's the part where criticizing Biden has anything to do with that?

I see you, et al. do one thing consistently for going on two years which is to bash Biden for everything he does... About the only thing I haven't seen you snipe at Biden about is the Afghanistan withdrawal.
That's a rather quick turnaround from the initial lie to disproving your own lie yourself.

Lessee here, in the first highlighted you say that I think I can read minds and that 'reading minds' is not a reason. You immediately follow that up with two claims of being able to read my mind and to know what I'm thinking.
Am I to believe that you seriously fail to comprehend the difference between coming up with possible things somebody else might be thinking (which are based on his/her actual behavior), and claiming certainty that one particular thing you came up with yourself is what they simply must be thinking (including when it has nothing at all to do with his/her actual behavior in any way)?

Coming up with one's own thoughts to ascribe to others is a perfectly normal human thing, but then failing to imagine even the possibility that they might think differently from that would be a fairly common human misconception. So it's actually possible that you're honestly representing your real, actual, fundamentally flawed mentality here. But you lie so much (especially to me about myself, which is weird because you know you can't fool me about myself) that I can't presume the former over the latter.

I'm done with this subject. It's become a bore not only for me, but I'm sure for everyone else. So go ahead, get your last comments in so you can have the last word but I won't be responding. Toodles.
You've pulled that particular stunt too many times for it not to be perfectly transparent by now what it really is: an attempt to get out of a false position you've put yourself in and can't defend at all, dressed up in a Trumpian attempt to claim superiority as cover. I don't claim to know why that's what you do when you get yourself stuck in untenable positions, but it is what you do when you get yourself stuck in untenable positions... so now it's become just a signal, intentional or not, that you've realized how untenable your position is.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom