• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

The "Best of Jen Psaki" Thread

In light of the ghoulish photos and videos of mounted border patrol agents whipping Haitian asylum seekers at the border:



https://twitter.com/aidachavez/status/1440012603858866177

Yas queen! #GirlBoss

If anyone would like more information rather than a just random ass, out of context, incomplete quote from a journalist, here's another link. Sorry, I don't have a quip or hashtag to go with it, so I'll just quote some more context.

White House press secretary Jen Psaki on Monday called images of a U.S. Border Patrol agent on horseback chasing Haitian migrants “horrific,”

...

"I have seen some of the footage. I don't have the full context. I can't imagine what context would make that appropriate, but I don't have additional details," she told reporters at the daily White House briefing. "I don't think anyone seeing that footage would think it's acceptable or appropriate."

...

She called footage of the incident "horrible to watch," but added "we just have to get more information on that" before she could comment further. Asked if the agent should be fired, she said, "Of course they should never be able to do it again."

She condemned it, but is definitely doing a bit of ass covering.

Any other dope quips or hashtags I missed, ST? Got any other out of context tweets to drop?
 
If anyone would like more information rather than a just random ass, out of context, incomplete quote from a journalist, here's another link. Sorry, I don't have a quip or hashtag to go with it, so I'll just quote some more context.



She condemned it, but is definitely doing a bit of ass covering.

Any other dope quips or hashtags I missed, ST? Got any other out of context tweets to drop?


Maybe she's being careful not to over-commit without having enough knowledge about the subject.
 
Maybe she's being careful not to over-commit without having enough knowledge about the subject.

Or maybe she is just another spin doctor and mouthpiece, like anyone in her position? This sort of behavior is to be expected.
 
Or maybe she is just another spin doctor and mouthpiece, like anyone in her position? This sort of behavior is to be expected.

Or maybe she's being careful not to over-commit without having enough knowledge about the subject instead of just making crap up.
 
Either way, ST's out of context nonsense painted Psaki as flippantly saying, "Well, we said not to come. This is what happens when you don't listen" as if she were condoning it. I just didn't want that to stand as she obviously condemned it, but did say they were gathering information.
 
Either way, ST's out of context nonsense painted Psaki as flippantly saying, "Well, we said not to come. This is what happens when you don't listen" as if she were condoning it. I just didn't want that to stand as she obviously condemned it, but did say they were gathering information.
Clearly I was out of line. Psaki confirms that the administration has identified the problem at the border, which is horses.

#BREAKING: Jen Psaki announces that horses will now be BANNED from being used in Del Rio by Border Patrol agents, citing the "horrible and horrific" use of them to prevent Haitian illegal immigrants from crossing into the U.S. https://t.co/hlyZeJVbU2

https://twitter.com/CurtisHouck/status/1441077414436687872?s=19
 
Clearly I was out of line. Psaki confirms that the administration has identified the problem at the border, which is horses.

https://twitter.com/CurtisHouck/status/1441077414436687872?s=19

Yeah, so I've already confirmed that the twitter sources you use have a tendency to be, what's the word I'm looking for, cherry picking ass hattery. Got anything else or are you ******* seriously getting your news from twitter now? I mean, seriously.

ETA:

Actually, upon reading an actual news source, it's not twitter but I'll post it here anyway, it looks like horses partly enabled the actual problem. It allowed the officers to chase the migrants down rather than confront them face-to-face on foot, and speak with them more plainly. It was also the lariats that they were using to hit the migrants. They're still investigating and speaking with the individual agents in the photos.

It appears they're trying to be proactive. GOD DAMN YOU PSAKI!!!!!!!!! #YAS #HASHTAG #TWITTERISMYNEWSSOURCE
 
Last edited:
Clearly I was out of line. Psaki confirms that the administration has identified the problem at the border, which is horses.


https://twitter.com/CurtisHouck/status/1441077414436687872?s=19

You are being dishonest there, ST. Psaki never said "the problem is horses".


"The footage is extremely troubling and the facts learned from the full investigation, which will be conducted swiftly, will define the appropriate disciplinary actions to be taken," the spokesperson said.

"I have seen some of the footage. I don't have the full context. I can't imagine what context would make that appropriate, but I don't have additional details," she told reporters at the daily White House briefing. "I don't think anyone seeing that footage would think it's acceptable or appropriate."
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/bid...-migrants-horrific-horrible/story?id=80144223

"I can't imagine what the scenario is where that would be appropriate, I'm certainly not suggesting that, but we've just seen the footage earlier this morning," she said. Asked if the agents seen in the footage should be fired for their actions in dealing with migrants, Psaki said: "Of course they should never be able to do it again."

"I don't know what the circumstances would be. It's obviously horrific, the footage. I don't have any more information on it, so let me venture to do that and we'll see if there's more to convey," she added.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/20/politics/border-patrol-haitian-immigrants-viral-video/index.html

Those border agents involved have been put on desk duty.
 
That's why I admire her so much. Her ability to tackle the tough issues, and bring a certain amount of zany irreverence to the mix. :thumbsup:

But, on a serious note, I hate to see her invoke "equine shaming", as has been common, historically.

Once again, you jump to an erroneous conclusion before bothering to investigate the accuracy of the post you're responding to. Suburban Turkey misrepresented what Psaki said but it fit your bias, so.......
 
No she didn't. What she confirmed is what the administration actually said and did. What does this have to do with her?

It has to do with her in that her job is to spin bad press for the administration. That's kinda been my whole point, it's weird that a "skeptics forum" would fawn over someone who has a job to massage the facts.
 
It has to do with her in that her job is to spin bad press for the administration. That's kinda been my whole point, it's weird that a "skeptics forum" would fawn over someone who has a job to massage the facts.

Um, no. She reported what the admin did: it suspended the use of horses. That's not 'spinning'.
 
Um, no. She reported what the admin did: it suspended the use of horses. That's not 'spinning'.

Horses were not the critical factor of the plain fact that border patrol agents were abusing human beings. Focusing on inconsequential factors is spin.
 
Last edited:
If anyone would like more information rather than a just random ass, out of context, incomplete quote from a journalist, here's another link. Sorry, I don't have a quip or hashtag to go with it, so I'll just quote some more context.
White House press secretary Jen Psaki on Monday called images of a U.S. Border Patrol agent on horseback chasing Haitian migrants “horrific,” ... "I have seen some of the footage. I don't have the full context. I can't imagine what context would make that appropriate, but I don't have additional details," she told reporters at the daily White House briefing. "I don't think anyone seeing that footage would think it's acceptable or appropriate." ... She called footage of the incident "horrible to watch," but added "we just have to get more information on that" before she could comment further. Asked if the agent should be fired, she said, "Of course they should never be able to do it again."


She condemned it, but is definitely doing a bit of ass covering.

Any other dope quips or hashtags I missed, ST? Got any other out of context tweets to drop?

The worst aspect of this is, that if you wind back the clock a year or two to when the Trump immigration were tearing children away from their parents, and then locking them up in wire cages, the very same people like Peter Douchebag who are asking all the "tough" questions now, were utterly silent, and the networks they worked for had nothing but lame excuses for the Trump's reprehensible policies.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom