• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Ron DeSantis (R) - Country Hungry for New Blood

Maybe we shouldn't require that vaccine? Especially now.
I disagree. Living in a first-world, Western country, I like the idea of not dealing with the hassle of measles outbreaks making people sick and killing us.

May I ask - why "especially now" is in your response? Would "now" be an especially good time to re-introduce measles outbreaks for some reason?

You may have missed this in the rapid-fire dialogue. Any thoughts?
 
You may have missed this in the rapid-fire dialogue. Any thoughts?

My thought is, that if something is effectively eradicated, we might not need to vaccinate. If it isn't, then of course, vaccination should continue.
 
You are assuming that people only vote for the party that has policies they like. That is naive. They vote for a variety of reasons, discussed at length here and elsewhere.

What are the policies of the GOP right now? Aside from tax cuts for the rich, that is? That's right. Their policy is owning the libs; trolling, as it were. "Getting back" at those uppity blacks and pandering to every bigoted group they can find.

That's what people vote for, on the GOP side.

The GOP couldn't be bothered to even come up with a party platform in 2020. So when you talk of GOP policies, they don't exist.
 
I'm making assumptions? LMAO.

Well, you are free to provide evidence of your claims. I won't hold my breath though.

LOL. I guess you read that in the paper.

I'm still waiting on you to post their policies as evidence by their passing bills when they held both houses and the Presidency from 2017 to 2019. I won't hold my breath over that one either.
 
My thought is, that if something is effectively eradicated, we might not need to vaccinate. If it isn't, then of course, vaccination should continue.

Due to anti-vaccine efforts, measles is no longer effectively eradicated, so we should keep vaccinating for measles, per this criteria. There is some great information on vaccines at the CDC website.
 
Last edited:
Due to anti-vaccine efforts, measles is no longer effectively eradicated, so we should keep vaccinating for measles, per this criteria. There is some great information on vaccines at the CDC website.

I'm certainly not an anti-vaxxer. But I think we should also be aware of why and in some cases, if, vaccines are required.
 
I'm certainly not an anti-vaxxer. But I think we should also be aware of why and in some cases, if, vaccines are required.

Both those questions should have been covered by your high school science classes. Either you were sleeping during those sessions, or the school science program in your state, or county, or whatever is grossly inadequate.
 
I'm certainly not an anti-vaxxer. But I think we should also be aware of why and in some cases, if, vaccines are required.

Do you have enough information to change your opinion on the measles vaccine? How about the coronavirus vaccine? Should it be mandatory at this point, for example in the workforce or in high schools?
 
Both those questions should have been covered by your high school science classes. Either you were sleeping during those sessions, or the school science program in your state, or county, or whatever is grossly inadequate.

Sorry, bro...like 35+ years ago. Good tip, though. :thumbsup:
 
Do you have enough information to change your opinion on the measles vaccine? How about the coronavirus vaccine? Should it be mandatory at this point, for example in the workforce or in high schools?

Did it seem like I was hardcore against the measles vaccine? As I say, if not eradicated, continue vaccinations.

I don't like the idea of mandatory vaccination. Now, that being said, I encourage people to get the covid vaccine.
 
So you did not bother to keep abreast of advances and needs. Atleast school should have provided you with a desire to update your knowledge. Not replace it with the stuff that even contradicts the fundamentals you learned there. I mean with the wealth of information sources available, the answers to your questions from validated sources would be easy.
 
So you did not bother to keep abreast of advances and needs. Atleast school should have provided you with a desire to update your knowledge. Not replace it with the stuff that even contradicts the fundamentals you learned there. I mean with the wealth of information sources available, the answers to your questions from validated sources would be easy.

Yawn. I had my vaccinations. Whatever you say.
 
Did it seem like I was hardcore against the measles vaccine? As I say, if not eradicated, continue vaccinations.

I don't like the idea of mandatory vaccination. Now, that being said, I encourage people to get the covid vaccine.

Could you possibly answer "yes" or "no" to either of these questions, or maybe you just haven't thought much about it, in which case "I don't know" might be best? I can't really tell what you think about either vaccine from your response.

For example, I believe that we should continue to mandate measles vaccines in school kids. My answer would be "yes."

I believe that we should mandate the Covid 19 vaccine for High School and University kids this fall. My answer would be "yes."

You?
 
Could you possibly answer "yes" or "no" to either of these questions, or maybe you just haven't thought much about it, in which case "I don't know" might be best? I can't really tell what you think about either vaccine from your response.

For example, I believe that we should continue to mandate measles vaccines in school kids. My answer would be "yes."

I believe that we should mandate the Covid 19 vaccine for High School and University kids this fall. My answer would be "yes."

You?

Yes, vaccinate for measles, by default. But not mandatory.

Covid, not mandatory.
 
Yes, vaccinate for measles, by default. But not mandatory.

Covid, not mandatory.

How can you vaccinate for something "by default" without making it mandatory? Today, you have a card to fill out with your pediatrician, and the "default" vaccines are the mandatory ones.

ETA - just to remind us, when people opt-out of measles vaccines, outbreaks occur.
 
Could you possibly answer "yes" or "no" to either of these questions, or maybe you just haven't thought much about it, in which case "I don't know" might be best? I can't really tell what you think about either vaccine from your response.

For example, I believe that we should continue to mandate measles vaccines in school kids. My answer would be "yes."

I believe that we should mandate the Covid 19 vaccine for High School and University kids this fall. My answer would be "yes."

You?

Also, to add, I don't have a problem if employers or institutions require a vaccine standard. That falls under "choice". I can choose not to get vaccinated, but I can't work or go to school at certain places.
 
How can you vaccinate for something "by default" without making it mandatory? Today, you have a card to fill out with your pediatrician, and the "default" vaccines are the mandatory ones.

ETA - just to remind us, when people opt-out of measles vaccines, outbreaks occur.

Let it go, man.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom