• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Ron DeSantis (R) - Country Hungry for New Blood

Yeah...that lol' dog whistle. It's being used in India too...the way it was used in places like Afghanistan before the 1980s. Essentially it adds up to, "My right to be an ass to those around me are being restrained." This has nothing to do with civil liberties...though a bunch of politicians and media machinery have convinced you that this is so...and making it your world view gives you a sense of self-importance. You want to know what and assault on civil liberties is? Come to India, when I go next to try and meet up with friends currently in jail for raising their voices against the saffron fascism here.
You normalised white privilege has convinced you that not getting your toilet paper in your favourite colour is an assault on your civil liberties.

Hell yeah.

But also, I don't care about your third world politics. Way OT, here.
 
You think his question was honest and genuine?

You don't think he understood exactly what I was refering to, especially after another poster pointed it out?

Oh come on we all have come to know Warp 12 and his MO quite well. Just though focusing on a typo is a little...well...petty.
 
I don't know...have you figured out how to quantify the value of liberty?

How much is your "liberty" not to wear a mask worth when you sit watching your kid through a window as they are gasping for breath on a ventilator and the doctor is telling you that they have done all they can and it's in God's hands now?
 
Last edited:
How much is your "liberty" not to wear a mask worth when you sit watching your kid through a window as they are gasping for breath on a ventilator and the doctor is telling you that they have done all they can and it's in God's hands now?

Seven states reported no child deaths, while other states reported 0-0.03% of all child coronavirus cases resulting in death.

https://www.npr.org/2021/08/05/1025...e-but-coronavirus-in-children-on-the-rise-too

I guess this adds up to 358 child deaths, country-wide. Give me a break, already. You think the total is going to skyrocket under DeSantis?
 
Last edited:
I guess this adds up to 358 child deaths. Give me a break, already. You think the total is going to skyrocket under DeSantis?

So how big a number should it be before it becomes a crisis that would require your concern? From what I understand of your mindset...I guess it becomes serious if it only directly affects you.
 
https://www.npr.org/2021/08/05/1025...e-but-coronavirus-in-children-on-the-rise-too

I guess this adds up to 358 child deaths, country-wide. Give me a break, already. You think the total is going to skyrocket under DeSantis?

Here's another bunch of Florida kids that didn't get to even see 2021 because of Covid. I am sure that their parents would be so glad to know that Covid doesn't harm kids.

And yes I do think the numbers will increase because the Delta variant is easier to catch and deadlier and De Sanltis' banning mask mandates in schools would allow the Delta variant to spread unchecked through the unvaccinated children of Florida. And you know what, no child has ever died from wearing a mask.
 
It's a pretty interesting case study in Florida to compare the fake "resistance" that reactionaries engage in, which is mostly getting extremely mad at a fake thing and inflicting terror on innocent bystanders, the the type of resistance that is happening in response to DeSantis' disastrous management. Subordinate politicians and local communities are openly defying the anti-mask mandates and undermining the very authority of the Governor. Seeds of a mass non-compliance are being planted.

Curious how the real thing differs from violent fantasies of the LARPing reactionaries.
 
Here's another bunch of Florida kids that didn't get to even see 2021 because of Covid. I am sure that their parents would be so glad to know that Covid doesn't harm kids.

And yes I do think the numbers will increase because the Delta variant is easier to catch and deadlier and De Sanltis' banning mask mandates in schools would allow the Delta variant to spread unchecked through the unvaccinated children of Florida. And you know what, no child has ever died from wearing a mask.
Look what another maskless experiment has resulted in...
Nearly 1,000 Mississippi school students test positive for COVID-19 in past week
 
Oh come on we all have come to know Warp 12 and his MO quite well. Just though focusing on a typo is a little...well...petty.

Again: his question was petty. Why should I respond to him as if it was genuine? He knows that what happened last year in state X has nothing to do with how state Y handles matters today. As usual he's using a pretense of using numbers objectively to cover for the fact that Florida is doing abysmally right now.
 
Last edited:
Probably all due to DeSantis, right? Like, we should give up our liberty because a statistically insignificant number of children die? I guess that is one way to handle it.

Exactly what "liberty" are you giving up? Other than the liberty to be an arse by infecting others with a deadly disease.
 
If you ask such a question, there is no need for discussion.

Sounds like a fairly valid question. In fact it is a questions for which an intelligent answer might convince us of your stance. Let's be honest and say that your stance has no real logical foundation other than petulant contrarianism.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom