• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Who wants to Learn about Cryptocurrencies First Hand?

Why would anybody prefer a currency that is not stable? Deflation is no better than inflation but for different reasons. It discourages spending and it discourages investment - both of which are necessary to keep an economy functioning.

Do you have an example of any fiat currency that is actually stable? You can't cherry pick what prices to measure either. You have to take a holistic approach and look at asset prices as well as consumer prices. Clearly asset prices in every fiat currency are through the roof, mostly because supply of those currencies are through the roof. A fair, honest price of labor is also necessary - and just as important to keep an economy functioning, and yet workers and savers are getting destroyed. Cities in the US are literally burning, while the investor class is wealthy by virtue of doing nothing, thanks to the glorified counterfeiter that is the Federal Reserve.

I define a "stable" currency as one for which the supply is static - unchanging. That means no one can profit by creating it out of nothing. If it appreciates, it's only because the economy has grown in real terms and produces more for you to buy. If it depreciates, it's due to real recession. Price stability is undesirable in either of these two conditions, and it would require that someone, somewhere, be able to manufacture more currency out of thin air, which is problematic for all the reasons that I've described up to now.

Why would you invest in a business that gives a negative rate of return when you could lose nothing by just hanging on to your deflationary currency?

For the same reason that bitcoin sellers diversify into other assets, or spend their bitcoin. Why would anyone ever spend a single bitcoin, ever? And yet they do. It's the king of deflationary "currencies", while the blockchain keeps growing and growing.

People spend it. For the same reason that people save fiat currencies during inflationary periods. It's not a binary, all-or-nothing proposition. Mild deflation would no more kill the productive economy than a 400% annualized rate of return for bitcoin has killed the bitcoin economy.

Now the real question is, why do you favor the banker and investor classes who manufacture money out of nothing for their own selfish benefit, at the direct expense of savers and workers, out of some misguided desire for price stability, as if? Bitcoin is perhaps the most egregious evidence that we don't have price stability in fiat currencies, at all. Not even close.
 
Yeah, post #58 is not 'learning about cryptocurrency', it's instructions on how to hurry-up and get hooked into the system.

Not sure how you intend this, but it sounds an awful lot like getting machines tied in to save a failing system, possibly due to the rouge dev or whatever. There's no learning presented, and a lot of 'just hurry up and get hooked up. I'll give you half a million coins if you super hurry (which suggests these are borderline worthless so the risk/payoff ratio slips).

An example of learning: tell us about the ultra-low power consumption, versus the current common model that requires building dedicated rigs with cooling ability and high electric bills.

You didn't read the OP.
 
The software is quite buggy, the first time I opened the console it hung.

Tried it again and added the node like you said, it's syncing now, thx for that.

Make sure mining is turned off. It utilizes cpu threads if it's on and there's no need to mine until the blockchain is downloaded, you won't get any coins while it's catching up.
 
OK I got it all working, so here's my address:

RSJLSnsSK4jdGzdzCwVezUfaYQKAaWdxG9

Send nudes. Er, I mean coins.

I'll send a small deposit to test to make sure your wallet is working. Once you receive the deposit, let me know how many coins you received and I'll send the rest.
 
You didn't read the OP.

In fact I did. It 99% says 'Just get tied in NOW and you'll learn what you're doing later. Could be giving you millions for free!'

I'm interested, but just as a marketing tip, bro: this presentation comes off as a classic hustle structure.
 
I also just received the 10 coins you presumably sent yesterday when I wasn't synced. So I already have 15.

I tried turning mining on, but it used up 100% of my CPU and made my computer fan go all noisy so I don't think I'll be doing that again.
 
In fact I did. It 99% says 'Just get tied in NOW and you'll learn what you're doing later. Could be giving you millions for free!'

I'm interested, but just as a marketing tip, bro: this presentation comes off as a classic hustle structure.

This exercise is an opportunity to learn about Crypto, everyone is welcome. This means those that wish to participate may have to do some reading, thinking, and typing in order to figure it out. While I am happy to assist, I cannot do those things for everyone, they'll need to participate in order to succeed.

Success is possible. Matthew Best knows it can be done.

At any rate you are welcome to participate if you wish to do so.
 
Half a million! Right, that's it, I'm calling work and telling them I'm never coming back.

Whoa now, don't quit your day job just yet. Remember this coin is an uncertain project. It very well could get picked back up but there is the chance it won't.

Now that you have your coins, after they receive 6 confirmations, you can begin either staking or mining to create more coins.

Those confirmations are the blockchain. It means your coins have been confirmed by at least 6 blocks running on the chain. You'll notice the number of confirmations will increase each time a new block is solved on the chain.
 
You can do lots of stuff with Cryptocurrency. You can stake it to get interest payments on the amount of coins you hold. You can mine it and get more coins. You can hold it and hope for an increase in value.

And it's entirely possible the coins we're using in this exercise may one day be worth something again. You never know.

I can do all of that with real money, with the added advantage that I don't risk losing my house.
 
I think Chris just so the word "crypto" in the name and instantly fell in love.
 
I also just received the 10 coins you presumably sent yesterday when I wasn't synced. So I already have 15.

I tried turning mining on, but it used up 100% of my CPU and made my computer fan go all noisy so I don't think I'll be doing that again.

You don't have to mine. The block reward is 120 coins and takes 360 confirmations. I do but it's mainly to help the network along, a few hundred coins a day is hardly worth the effort

This coin pays interest to you without the need of doing anything really. You can close the wallet and when you reopen it say the next day, while it's catching up you'll notice your coins are increasing in number.

There is also a term deposit feature. It allows you to paste in your own receiving address and send yourself a set number of coins. Once the set time has passed your deposit matures and you receive a higher interest return on those coins. I wouldn't set the term deposit to be over a week though, the network for this coin is slow.

I would suggest if you try the term deposit feature, start with a small amount of coins and a brief deposit time like 2 or 3 days etc. Until you get the hang of it.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom